The Other Waldorf Girl

Prologue

2004
“I have a secret you guys but you can’t tell anyone.” I whispered to my best friend and twin sister the summer after 8th grade as we sat by the pool of my family’s house in the Hamptons. They leaned in closer and I watched them and they just twisted in their seats. Serena van der Woodsen’s long blonde hair fell over her shoulder and her Burberry dress turned. My sister, Blair, had seemed kind of unamused but tried to fake it just to hear what I had to say. We were wearing matching Marc Jacobs’ dresses in different colors.
“What, spill.” Serena said and I looked down at her and she took a sip of her wine that I stole from my parent’s secret stash in the pantry.
“I have a crush, on a boy.” I said and my sister looked at me with her doe like eyes.
“Well yes, you’re a girl, those happen.” She said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.
“It’s Nate, and I have a feeling he likes me too.” I said excitedly and Blair stood up.
“Prove it Brooke, you’re lying.” She said. I stood up and looked at her and pulled at the collar of my dress revealing a small bite forming at the nape of my neck.
“What’s that?” she said looking closer at me and I smirked.
“That Blair Bear is a love bite and Nate Archibald gave me it to me during 4th period in the supply closet yesterday before we left.” I said smiling confidently at her and her face dropped and she looked at me fiercely and walked out of the room.
“Aren’t you going to follow her?” Serena asked and I looked at her as she looked at me in amazement. I sat down next to Serena and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.
“No Serena, calm down, she’ll be fine, I promise. She’s just sensitive and needs to grow a little back bone.” I said taking Serena’s glass out if her hand and finishing her drink.