Vampyric Nightmare

Vampyric Nightmare

When Christabella woke in the morning she was happy to find Malakai was still with her. She moved up and kissed him ever so softly on his cold soft lips. It was lovely even if he was asleep.

She lay there for a few minutes before Malakai woke up. Once he did he looked down at her and smiled. "So," he asked, sleeps still lingered in his voice. "You excited Christa?" Christabella's smile grew wide.

She had forgotten about the ball tonight. She got up quickly. She was wide awake just at the thought of it all. Her smile grew the more she thought about it. She looked down at Malakai who was smiling up at her thinking how cute she was.

"Well," Malakai said. "How bouts you and me go get some breakfast. We've got quite the day ahead of us." He pulled himself out of bed and walked over to Christabella wrapping his arms tightly around her stomach. "How does that sound?"

Christabella giggled. She loved the feeling of how safe he made her feel, just being around him seemed to make her feel better. She couldn't imagine a single thing that could mess this day up. "That sounds lovely Malakai," she said sweetly and looked up at him.

The two of them got ready to leave, each showering and changing their clothes. Then they wandered downstairs to see what everyone else was up to.

Hylas was on the couch with Brit'tanni making out with her, of course. They had a strange relationship between them. Torquil was sitting in the corner reading a really old looking book.

"Hey guys," Malakai said quickly. "Me and Christa are going out to breakfast we'll be back later." With that he grabbed Christabella tightly around the waist with one of his arms and took her out to the car.

Christabella was amazed by the grip Malakai had on her. He was a lot stronger than she had thought. She also thought he was getting a bit more possessive than he had been.

Once they arrived at the restaurant they were both quickly seated. Most likely due to the waitresses infatuation with Malakai. She seemed almost hypnotized by him. They decided what they wanted to order and then right as Christabella had put her menu down there she was. She seemed to be anticipating the moment Malakai would say something.

She laughed to herself. Malakai ordered a stake, so rare it was still moo-ing he had said. Christabella ordered some eggs and toast.

Christabella and Malakai started talking quietly until their food had come. When it finally did they both ate quietly. When they were finished the same waitress that had ordered their food was right there yet again.

She picked up the plates briskly. "Is there anything else I can get you?" she asked clearly aiming the question at Malakai.

"No that's quite alright," he said almost annoyed by her presence and threw her a 50 dollar bill. "That should cover the check anything else keep for yourself."

The waitress left clearly admiring her very large tip, and the two of them started talking again.

"So," Christabella said. "About this whole vampire thing. What exactly is going to happen to me?" She looked up at Malakai who seemed to be thinking deeply about the question.

"Well," he said finally. "I guess you'll come into your powers one by one. Most likely eyesight first, then probably hearing and smelling, then strength, and last but not least wings." Malakai looked into Christa's eyes waiting for a response.

"I see," she replied. "Will I end up as beautiful as you, too?" she asked quickly wishing she hadn't and blushed madly.

"Well I don't know about as beautiful as me," he said jokingly. "But yes you should end up with the same surreal beauty as all vampyres." Christabella smiled at this.

They sat for hours asking questions back and forth. Everything from favourite color to why she had left home were talked about. By the time they realised what time it was they had to rush home to get ready.

When they got there they both separated into their own rooms. Christabella went into her bathroom and changed into her beautiful dress. She put on her shoes, as well as her necklace. She put on make up as best she could to make herself as beautiful as possible, then pulled on her long black silk gloves that fit perfectly.

She walked downstairs to find Malakai dressed up in a fluffy white poet shirt that showed part of his pale chest and some tight black pants. Christabella looked at him in awe and blushed when she realised he had been doing the same.

"So are you ready to go," Malakai said. His voice sounded more charming then usual. Christabella nodded and smiled. Malakai walked out to the car holding her with the same unbreakable grip he had earlier. They would be taking a different vehicle. Christabella was assuming he wanted to show her off.

When the arrived at the large mansion where the ball was they parked along the long and winding driveway which was already partially filled and would most likely be full by the end of the night. It was large and white it looked quite modern and light flooded every ounce of darkness surrounding it.

Malakai, Christabella, Brit'tanni, Hylas, and Torquil all walked up to the door together. Malakai opened the large door in front of them. Christabella felt his grip on her tighten. She could tell he was nervous. But, why?