Vampyric Nightmare

Vampyric Nightmare

Christabella stormed out onto a balcony, it was through one of the back doors. She stopped at the edge of it resting her elbows on the railing. She put her head down in her hands. She was so confused, heart broken. She didn't know what to do anymore. A silent tear slid slowly down her soft face.

She stood there, staring out into the night, for what seemed like hours before she heard someone walk up behind her. She assumed it was Malakai. "Look, Malakai, just leave me alone, I don't want to," she turned around seeing someone who was definitely not Malakai. "Be around... you?" She blushed madly at the man who was now standing in front of her.

He looked at her, amusement played in his eyes. "Would you like me to leave, young lady?" he asked in a soft tone. He had an obvious British accent. He was tall, thin, pale, and he had tousled light brown hair that covered his golden eyes.

"No, no that's quite alright," Christabella murmured still slightly embarrassed. "So, why are you out here if you don't mine me asking."

"Well, that's quite a different one to explain now isn't it," he said a tone of wonder slightly showed in his voice. "I guess the truth would best explain." He looked up at Christabella smiling. "But first things first, I'm Kyle. What's your name darling?"

Christabella blushed when he called her darling. She enjoyed his English accent, probably too much. "My name's Christabella, call me Christa though, or Bella, which ever you prefer." she said softly to him.

"Hmm, well then. I came out here because I heard you crying. I know you were doing it quietly but my wolf senses, they can hear it. And when I heard you crying, it sounded sweet, innocent. It reminded me of a lullaby. I know it sounds odd, but I grew up with an odd life." Kyle explained slowly. His accent seemed to make everything sound better than it really was. That's the way it always happened with those damn English guys though.

"Well then, at least I have company now," Christabella said smiling up at Kyle. "So wolf, eh." she paused for a second. "Do wolves have anything against taking vampyres home with them?" she tried smiling, it ended up more like a painful grimace.

"No, no I don't believe we do," Kyle said chuckling lightly to himself. "I'm guessing you don't want to go home with Malakai then?" Christabella nodded. "Well then, you're coming home with me. You don't have a choice," he said jokingly. "You think you're darling Malakai will have a problem with that?"

Christabella thought for a moment. "I know he will," she said, a brilliant plan was filling her mind. "Actually, I think we best be seen leaving together." She smiled up at him, he smiled back. They were both obviously thinking the same thing.

"Well then, I think we should be getting out of here then, I'm quite hungry and nothing here quite appeals to my taste," Kyle explained. He held out his arm for Christabella take. She obediently wrapped her arm around his and smiled up at him. He smelled absolutely lovely.

The walked through the doors together talking about anything really, just to seem as if they were having a good time. They both walked across the floor at a nice place, slow enough that people would notice their presence. They were just about to get to the door when Christabella noticed Kai staring at her, his face looked as if he had been stabbed in the stomach when she saw him.

Malakai's face hurt her instantly. It tore at her heart. She looked away, she knew it was in the best interest of them both that she do this. She only hoped that it could return back to normal later.

Christabella kept her eyes on Kyle as they walked through the door. At the moment his calm golden eyes were the only thing keeping her sane.