Vampyric Nightmare

Vampyric Nightmare

"So, Christa," Malakai said." I have something to ask you," He smiled lightly. "I was wondering," he paused for a moment, " would you stay here with us? Christa, please understand. Hylas...He doesn't think too highly of humans." Christa looked at him, her eyes confused and her expression pleading. She didn't really want to stay there.After all, she had left to get away from all the pain her father was giving her and now it seemed Hylas would give her the same treatment. Then again, Malakai was kind to her which may have been able to make up for it.

She opened her mouth to answer, but before she had the chance, the front door swung open. Beyond it stood a man who looked almost like the one she had seen in her dreams the night before, but he had forest green hair and bronze wings. He walked in gracefully and stood in front of Malakai with an exasperated look. "Kai, who? And more importantly, why?" He asked, gesturing towards Christabella. She looked up at him, stunned and slightly afraid. The man - who, Christabella assumed, was Torquil - pulled Malakai away to talk to him. As Torquil pulled him out of the room, Malakai gave Christabella an apologetic look.

"What happened to the old one then," Torquil asked, clearly frustrated.

"She got away. She fooled me I thought I could trust her!I'm so sorry Torquil, I'm so very sorry." Malakai rambled. "Please forgive me?" Just then Hylas walked in.

"Oh, Torquil? You finally came home. Did you meet our new little pet Christa then? She cooks quite a lot better than the last one." Torquil nodded.

"Yes, I did," he replied, "She's defiantly prettier than the last. Do you suppose we can trust her?" he asked, eyeing Hylas.

"I'm not quite sure yet. Give her time, I guess. Until then we'll just have to wait and see. If anything goes wrong, we drain her blood." Torquil nodded, almost laughing now.

"Very well then. Oh, and Kai?NEVER trust her alone. You'll end up losing another one, and in my opinion, we've lost more than enough thanks to you." Malakai looked at the floor shamefully, avoiding their eyes. "Now I'm going to go and greet our new little slave properly." Torquil said, almost menacingly, rubbing his hands together.He started out the door, Hylas and Malakai following close behind.

In the other room Christabella sat quietly on the couch, playing with her hands as boredom slowly took over her mind. "Excuse me, Christa, is it?" I deep voice caught her attention. "I'm Torquil and I'll be your new... master, per se." He stood, his movements fluid and shockingly graceful, until he stood in front of her. "You need to go back to your room now.You're going to have quite a day ahead of you tomorrow, my dear." He leaned closer to her, his brilliant white fangs in plain sight.Christabella nodded, inching away slowly, her eyes interlocked with his. "Well?" He said, urging her to leave faster.At which point, she broke into a run, eager to get to her sanctuary in this, a house of bloodsuckers.

As she lay in her bed, Christabella thought about what was happening. She was not going to be considered a slave. Sadly enough, she would accept it, seeing as it was better than the alternative - being with her father. She fell back onto her bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking to herself that she should put something up there. Just as she was dozing off, the door made a slight creaking sound, slowly beginning to open. "Christa," Someone said. "Christa, are you awake?" Christabella pulled herself up, Malakai coming into her view.

"Yeah Kai, I am." She said sleepily, rubbing at her eyes.

Malakai looked at her shyly and asked, "Do you mind if I sit?" motioning to her bed.

"No, not at all." Christabella replied giving him a small smile. Malakai sat at the bottom of her bed with a worried look on his face.

"Look I don't mean to rush you or anything," He began "But do you want to stay here?Please say yes, Christa..." He said, his eyes pleading. "I'm sure that Torquil and Hylas will eventually-"

Christa cut him off. "I think I'll stay," She smiled weakly. "Just don't let them kill me." Malakai nodded.

"I think I can do that." He grinned. "Thank you." Christa sighed.They were both quiet for a moment, searching for words.

"So Kai," Christabella asked hesitantly. "Why were you in the hotel that night?" His eyes got wide,

"Um... well, how bouts we save that for another night? After all, I'm going to ask you the same thing, and I'm sure we both have a story to tell." Christa nodded quietly, playing with the blanket in her hands. She always seemed to be doing something with them. "Well then Christa, goodnight and sweet dreams...You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow." Malakai said smiling.

"Why?" Christabella asked curiously. "You're just going to have to wait and see!" He smiled. "Now sleep." He took her hand and kissed it softly.Christa felt the blood rush to her face.She knew she was blushing.Slowly, Malakai left the room and closed door softly behind him. Christabella fell back unto her bed, curling up in the soft blankets and drifting off into what seemed to be a peaceful sleep for the first time in months.

The wind flew through her hair. Large silver wings adorned her back, and she was drifting gracefully through the clouds. The earth below her was shockingly beautiful.The bright green grass glittered brilliantly, appearing to her like one big mass, instead of individual blades. The world seemed to be asleep.Everything seemed rested and peaceful, serene, even. Then, much to her surprise, she fell down to the earth. Christabella tried hard to keep herself in the air but fell only farther until she fell violently onto the ground.

Christabella woke with a jump. The sun shined brightly in the windows lighting up the room. She sat for a couple minutes, just enjoying the fact she was alive and away from her father. Then the door slammed open, shocking her.And who else? Hylas stood in the doorway, wearing a sneer much like her father's.