Summer Holds Such Wonderful Things

Destination Success

Marissa tiredly rolled out of her bed and trudged toward the kitchen for coffee. She sighed as she found Ember already bustling around like the busy body she was. Marissa shuffled to the cupboard and pulled out a mug to which she quickly filled with the warm, dark liquid.

“Cream and sugar?” Ember sang as she twirled around with the two containers, placing them both on the counter.

Marissa arched one eyebrow at the cheery girl. “Why the hell are you so perky?” She questioned suspiciously as the other girl giggled and returned to her stack of fresh photos.

“Nick brought me Starbucks when he oh so rudely woke me up this morning.” Ember made a face as Marissa giggled. “The boy couldn’t wait to see the pictures from last night so he made me develop them at five freaking o’clock in the morning. Ridiculous.” She muttered and shook her head.

“And then I assume you kicked him out before the photos were actually done?” Marissa smirked as she glanced at her best friend.

“Oh, you should have seen his face!” Ember chuckled and the pure mischief glimmered in her eyes. “He thought I was only joking.”

“Poor boy.” Marissa shook her head and sipped her coffee.

“He should have known better.” Ember sang and then clicked her tongue. “Anyway, I’ve already texted all the boys and told them to meet here around six to look over everything and pick out favorites to post on the site.” She smiled at one picture in particular and then bit her bottom lip.

Marissa watched curiously as the short girl spun around again and placed a picture on the fridge, putting a purple magnet on top of it. Marissa rolled her eyes. “We do not need another photo of your sweaty boyfriend on the fridge for everyone to see. We’re not all interested.”

“For your information, it’s a picture of your boyfriend too.” Ember sent a playful glare over her shoulder and then turned back to the picture. “It’s the four of us.” Marissa walked up behind her and stared at the picture too.

It had apparently been taken before the show, so no one was sweaty, but perfectly put together. Nick was all the way to the left, smiling innocently as he made bunny ears behind Ember’s head. Ember was beside him, making a faux surprised face. Marissa was on her other side, making a kissy face, while Eric was to the very right, sticking his tongue out in the direction of her cheek.

Marissa giggled and pushed Ember’s shoulder. “We have such nerds for boyfriends.”

“I know.” Ember agreed and snickered. “To think, it’s been a whole year.” She shook her head and then rested it on Marissa’s shoulder. “A whole fucking year and we’ve been stuck with these two twats.” She then giggled and so did Marissa.

“They’re good boys.” Marissa contradicted and grinned as she continued to stare.

“They are good to us.” Ember finally agreed and stuck another picture on the fridge with a green magnet.

This was another picture of the four of them, almost in identical positions except now the boys were behind the girls with their arms wrapped around them and everyone was sweaty. Nick was grinning like made as Ember had her eyes closed from laughing so hard. Marissa was beaming as Eric kissed her cheek lovingly.

“That’s a great picture.” Marissa bit her bottom lip to fight her smile from getting too wide.

“Yeah, I think it’s my favorite.” Ember sighed and leaned against the counter. Not a second later, there was a knock at the front door. Ember rolled her eyes. “I swear if it’s that ginger again trying to get a sneak at these photos, I’ll rip his hair out.”

“You will not.” Marissa scolded and then went to answer to door.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credits go to All Time Low for their wonderful song We Say Summer; word count = 641
hopes you loved deary ; )
xooxEmber