Status: slow

Slaughter of the Next Degree

M

The wind was blowing north as Cassidy Shore walked to school with her best friend and neighbor, Billy Collins. They had been friends since Billy had moved to the quiet town of New Castle before preschool. Now they were both in second grade. Cassidy looked over at Billy and her long brown hair blew into her face.

"Bleh!"

"What?"

"I just ate my hair!" said Cassidy. Billy burst out laughing and kept walking.

"That is why boys are smarter than girls. Because they are smart enough to keep their hair short so that doesn't happen!" Cassidy glared at Billy a moment before looking ahead again. Billy giggled to himself, knowing he had made Cassidy mad. "You know what else makes boys better than girls?" asked Billy.

"What?"

"They can run faster!" He said sprinting.

"Hey! No Fair!" screamed Cassidy after him. They ran the whole way to the school. Just the two of them. At least that is what they thought at first.

****************************************************************************************************

Cassidy and billy had different teachers so they ran into the school and said their goodbyes till the day was over. Cassidy's classroom was just down the next hall while Billy's was almost on the other side of the school. "I'll meet you at the front doors after school ok?" she said.

"Sure, but I bet I will be there first!" he replied, smiling.

"Whatever." She walked on down the hall trying to fix her hair. Racing had done it no good. It was all tangled and her fingers couldn't comb it through. Cassidy went into the bathroom to fix it. She examined herself in the mirror. Her dark brown eyes and her thin, light brown hair made her look so... average, she thought to herself. She went ahead and tidyed up and went to class.

****************************************************************************************************

The bell was getting ready to ring, signaling school was out for the day. Cassidy was on the edge of her seat so that as soon as the bell rang, she could beat Billy to the doors.

"And for your homework tonight, I want you to do page 34 in your workbooks. When the bell rings you can go," Mrs. Talere said. She was late to class this morning, Cassidy remembered. I wonder why? Before she could think of a reason, the bell rang and she was out of there as fast as a bullet. She ran down the hall, running into a few of the older kids, but luckily beating Billy.

She had been standing there for a few minutes when she wondered if he had gotten in trouble and had to stay after. " I hope he doesn't have to stay too long," she said to herslef.

After waiting another 5 minutes she decided it would be best if she had just went home and asked Billy's mom to have him come over later.

****************************************************************************************************

Cassidy walked in the door 10 minutes later when her mom cam rushing up tp her.

"Did Billy come home with you?" she asked frantically.

"No...I think he got in trouble and had to stay after so I didn't wait for him. I was going to ask Mrs. Collins if he could come over once he gets home," said Cassidy innocently.

Mrs. Shore starting crying and grabbed Cassidy into a tight hug.

"Whats wrong mommy?"

Mrs. Shore pulled away and wiped her tears as best she could. She took Cassidy by the shoulders and said, "Billy never made it to class today. Cassidy, Billy is missing."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Keep or trash?