Status: slow

Slaughter of the Next Degree

R

Mrs. Williams walked over to Cassidy's desk and gave her a long hug. "Why don't you go down to the office for awhile. You might want to talk to Mrs. Stevens. I will call her tell them that you are coming down," Mrs. Williams said quietly into Cassidy's ear.

"But... I don't... want to go.... alone," Cassidy replied between sobs. "Mommy says.... that they are... coming for me... next." Cassidy hugged Mrs. Williams tighter, not aware of the other students around her.

Mrs. Williams finally wiggled free. "I will have Mr. Case take you down while his class gets settled into my classroom. And Cassidy, we will not let who ever took Billy come for you. We would never let that happen."

Cassidy thought about this a moment before replying, "Then how did someone get Billy?"

Mrs. Williams looked at Cassidy, dumbfounded. She opened her mouth to say something when Mr. Case's class walked in. "Oh, good. I was getting ready to call you over," she said turning away from Cassidy. "We have a young one who needs to go down to the office and talk to the counsler."

Cassidy looked Mr. Case over. He was one of those people that you look at and automatically know that you should never do something to upset him. He had a short beard and dark sunken eyes. He was a bigger around the waist then most people. Some of the kids even said he sat on students to make them shut up.

"Ok. Come with me young lady," he said in a deep, but almost soothing tone. Cassidy followed him out into the hallway.

"Now young lady what is your name?" he asked, looking down at her with his dark, black hole eyes.

Very quietly, in almost a whisper, she replied, "Cassidy Shore."

Mr. Case seemed to tense for a moment. Long enough for Cassidy to notice but short enough for it to be a trick of the eye. "That is a very pretty name you got there. Were you close with Billy Collins?"

Cassidy thought this an unusual question. All the teachers knew she was friends with Billy. Even the sixth grade teachers. "Yeah, he was my bestest friend," she said lowering her head, trying to hold back the coming tears.

Mr. Case looked down at Cassidy. "I am sorry. Billy was a good kid and he should have never been taken."

"You make it sound like he isn't coming back," said Cassidy, trying to hold back the curiousness in her voice.

Cassidy looked up to see him glaring down at her. "I am sure that is what everyone else thinks. 40% percent of kidnappings, the person is found dead. 4 percent are never found."

They were almost to the office and Cassidy decided to stop talking to the strange Mr. Case.

"I have Cassidy Shore here to see Mrs. Stevens," he said walking into the office.

"Oh, yes, she is expecting you," said the secretary, not looking up. Cassidy walked to the counsler not noticing Mr. Case's eyes roming up and down her body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes its creepy! So do you think kidnapped Billy?