Status: slow

Slaughter of the Next Degree

r

Cassidy got in her mom's car. When she got in her mom was hysterical. "What is going on in this town?! First Billy and now Tyler? Do we really need to worry about our kids safety in a town that is not even an eighth of the size of New York City? Cassidy, never get in a car with someone, even if you know who it is, without my permission, you hear me? I don't need my baby disappearing too."

But Cassidy was only half listening to her mom's rant as she looked out the window. They passed the local park, where she saw some of her classmates. Then she had an idea. "Mommy, can we please go to the park? I haven't been in a long time and I want to go to the park and I saw some of my friends there and I won't get into anyone's car!" she explained, using her pretty please voice.

Cassidy's mom pulled her car over and gave her the 'did you hear a word I just said' face. Cassidy quickly came back with her puppy dog face with her eye's big and blue. The one she knew her mom couldn't say no to. The car stayed like that for about a minute before her mother answered her question. "I guess, but you have to stay in my sites and don't go off and explore any new places with out telling me, you hear?" she said, a soft note of defeat in her voice. Cassidy quickly nodded her head and for the first time, forgot about the horrifying events that had happened in the last few days.

****************************************************************************************************

They arrived at the park soon after. As soon as her mom parked the car, Cassidy jumped out and ran over to her friend, Madeline. Madeline was a very quiet girl but Cassidy still liked her. "Hi Madeline! Do you want to play tag?" she asked. madeline stood there for a minute and looked at the other kids. Cassidy realized she wanted them to play too. "Yeah, we can ask them if they want to play too. It will be funner that way!"

Madeline nodded and they both ran off to get all the kids together to have a big game of tag. After all the kids were together, cassidy called nose goes and Madeline lost. Unfortunately for all the other kids, she was alos one of the fastest there. So as soon as she could, Cassidy ran off with her five second start.

After the five seconds she looked back and saw Madeline gaining on a young boy. Cassidy laughed because she knew he didn't stand a chance against her. She soon tagged him, but instead of chasing after someone else, he stopped and pouted and said he wasn't playing. Madeline didn't know what to do so cassidy tried to get all the kids back together to start the game again.

She had them all except for one girl who thought Cassidy was 'it". Cassidy was chasing her and no matter how much she told the girl to stop running so they could start the game over, she didn't. The girl then ran into a small wooded area, just outside the park. Not thinking, Cassidy ran in after the girl, even after her mom's warning.

The girl kept running like she had before and jumped into a nearby bush, trying to hide from her. But almost as soon as she jumped in, the gilr started screaming her guts out. Cassidy ran to the bushes as fast as she could thinking the giril had hurt herself. The girl got up and out of the bushes and leaves were sticking to her hands and knees. That is weird, thought Cassidy. As she got closer to the girl, she saw a small, dark figure stuck in the bushes.

Cassidy's mom starting calling to her. Cassidy went to help the girl before her mom came and yelled at her. She went over to the hysterical girl and looked in the bushes. She screamed as she saw Tyler Donaldson's bloody corpse, decaying in the bush, staring right at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I have had writers block and school hasn't helped so i hope you like it!! Tell me how it is!