Status: slow

Slaughter of the Next Degree

There

Detective Crull took one look at the body in the bush and gagged. He had seen many dead bodies before but none like this. Tyler was missing an arm and his left leg was mangled like no other. His right eyed looked like someone had tried to scrape it out and failed. His stomach was also cut open and his intestines were hanging out. Crull looked away beore he saw anything else.

"Put it in the bag. No one needs to look at it anymore. Take it to the lab and run the neccessary tests," he said carefully, making sure not to lose his cool and throw up everywhere. He then walked over to Cassidy and the man that was interviewing her. "Dave, I think you have gotten enough information for today. Cassidy, we have someone that we want you to see. Her name is Dr. Lillian Day. She is going to talk to you for a little bit and see if she can make you feel better ok?"

Cassidy looked at him, fear still plastered on her face. Crull couldn't help but think that this child was going to be traumatized for life. "Okay," Cassidy replied after a moment. Detective crull took her hand and took her over to a lady with red hair.

"Hello Cassidy! I am Dr. Day, but you can call me Lily," she said, with too much perkiness considering the situation. Cassidy looked back at her mom who was talking to an interviewer.

"I just want to go home," Cassidy suddenly cried out. She pulled away from Crull and ran over to her mother, sobbing.

Dr. Day started after her but Crull stopped her. "She has had enough for a day. Lets just let her be."

****************************************************************************************************

Cassidy was sitting in the park. it was dark outside and the trees were swaying in the non existent breeze. She looked around and saw shadows all around her but there was nothing around to cast them. They got closer to her and Cassidy tried to run away. Her legs wouldn't move. She couldn't get up. Cassidy screamed as the shadows got even closer. Someone whispered her name. Its voice was raspy and broken. Then everything stopped. The trees stopped swaying. The shadows stopped moving and Cassidy couldn't even scream anymore. the whispering continued and one shadow moved. It limped toward her. She finally saw something in the darkness. As soon as she saw it, she wished she hadn't. it was Tyler Donaldson.

She wanted to scream and couldn't. Tyler got closer and started talking in his raspy, broken voice again. "Casssssssidy... Help me... You can't let my killer get away. Please."

Cassidy looked at him, disgust written on her face. He looked the same as she last saw him. Dead. She shook her head. She closed her eyes. And screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Sorry if it disgusts you... But it is important! Read, comment, subscribe. -)