Status: slow

Slaughter of the Next Degree

Is

Cassidy's mother ran in the room. "Cassidy! Are you okay? Whats wrong honey?" asked Mrs. Shore fervently. Cassidy kept crying and screaming, not answering her mothers questions. "Cassidy, I am here honey. Everything is alright! It was just a dream and nothing can hurt you. I won't allow it," she said in a soothing voice and rubbing Cassidy's back to calm her down.

Cassidy finally responded through the tears, "I... saw.... Tyler and.... he said that.... I knew who.... killed him!" Cassidy said, still sobbing from the horrible picture remaining in her head. Mrs. Shore was dumbfounded by her daughters dream and quickly called Detective Crull. She thought that maybe he had someone who could interpret dreams or better yet, have Dr. Day come talk to Cassidy and come her down.

"Honey, I am going to leave just for a second to get the phone but I will be right back, okay?" Cassidy screamed at her mother not to go but she left the room to get the phone. Cassidy sat on her bed crying. Crying about everything that had happened over the last few days. Billy going missing, then Tyler, and then finding his decaying body in the bushes. She hadn't noticed but she was shaking uncontrollably all over. Then she heard something hit her window.

Cassidy jumped but didn't make a noise. She slowly got off her bed and went towards the window. She could see the barren tree outside moving in the wind. She kept walking towards the window. Cassidy then got down on her hands and knees and began crawling, still trembling. She saw a black thing hit the window as she jumped at the noise again. Her mother still wasn't back, so she continued towards it.

She stood up just as she got to the window. She looked out and saw nothing. She was relieved. But only for a moment as she saw a back figure start running towards her window. She screamed right before the thing smashed her window into pieces and knocked her to the ground.

Cassidy's mother ran in the room with the phone in her hand. "What is going- who are you!?" screamed Mrs. Shore seeing the black figure laying on the ground. But it didn't respond. Mrs. Shore screamed at Cassidy to get outside and run. She just wanted her away from it all. But Cassidy didn't hear her. She was screaming too loud from the pain of glass shards in her stomach and arms to do anything.

"Get away from her! I have the police on the line!" screamed Mrs. Shore as the figure got up from the ground. It stood and stared at her for what seemed like an eternity. She was paralyzed with fear. The silhouette calmly walked over to Mrs. Shore and hung up the phone. Then it grabbed a knife from its pocket and stabbed her. Mrs. Shore doubled over, blood sprouting from her wound. The figure said nothing and turned towards Cassidy as her mother fell on the ground, the blood pooling around her. Cassidy saw none of this. She was losing a lot of blood from the cuts the glass made and was going in and out of consciousness. The figure bent over her and stroked her cheek in a loving way. Then he picked her up and went out the window, leaving Cassidy's mother to die in her own home, alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
What?! Intense... Sorry for the humongous wait for this chapter. I left the site for awhile and I am back now and with great ideas on where this story is going! So leave me a comment and happy reading!