I'll be waiting by the swings

2/3

==================
“Helloooo, earth to Alex, you there?” I blinked as Lynn snapped her fingers in my face.

“I-I ’m sorry.” No, it can’t be him…the police can’t be searching for Aaron. “Lynn did you see a p-picture of that boy?”

“Yeah I did, he was actually pretty cute, umm he had green eyes, copper hair I think, and umm…he was wearing a silver chain around his neck with a little guitar on it…”
==========================

I laughed as Aaron skipped over to me with 2 chocolate ice creams, yelling “scream for my ice cream!” at the top of his lungs.

“You’re such a weird boy.” He smiled at me as he handed over my ice cream.

“You know you love my weirdness.” I winked at him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder, making him blush.

“Yeah, I do love it, ohh hey I got you something. I know how much you love guitars and it’s your birthday, so here…” I held out a silver chain with a shiny, black guitar that had ‘Aaron’ engraved in red on it and ‘love ya buddy’ on the back.

“I love it! But umm… I was hoping for something a little different…”
“Ohh and what was that?”

“This…” He leaned towards me and gently pressed his lips against mine. We both closed our eyes as our lips in sync with each other. I wrapped my arm around his waist as we broke away.

“Looks like you just got yourself a boyfriend.” He giggled and put the necklace on.

“I guess I did.”
========================================================

I felt my chest tighten and my vision begin to blur as I struggled to breathe.

“Alex, are you okay? What’s wrong?”

“Lynn, I have s- something’s t-to tell you…”

“Like what?”
“Secrets…”

“Were best friends, you can tell me anything Alex.”
“I knew Aaron…”

“You did? How?” I sighed as I turned to look at my best friend, panic and fear spreading through me.

“Lynn…Aaron w-was my b-boyfriend…I-I’m g-gay…” She pulled me closer to her and hugged me. I leaned into her as she wrapped her small arms around me.

“Like I said, were best friends, you can trust me with your secret and the police are searching for Aaron don’t worry they’ll find him Alex.”

“Lynn! That’s not my only secret!” Tears began flooding down my face. “I had tried to forget everything about that day…but I can’t…Lynn…” I looked up at her, “the police aren’t g-going t-to find Aaron…alive.”

“W-what? What do you mean Alex?”

“I-I had…th-that S- Saturday me and Aaron w-went farther than a k-kiss…”

“Ohh…how does that tie into him going missing?”

My tears were now coming down in waterfalls with every word. “We were l-lying in each others arms when he…he t-told me that he…l-loved m-me.”
========================
♠ ♠ ♠
ok next part..theres only 3