Sequel: She Will Be Loved
Status: FINISHED.. Read the sequel! SHe Will Be Loved!

Just Friends

I'll Just Keep On Dreaming;

Sam looked into Eli's eyes as he returned the stare. "I'm going to say this once 'cause I'm tired of thinkin' you'll do it. Eli, will you go out with me? Tonight hopefully because my mom is planning a movie night with this guy she met and I can't stand him. I just wish--"

Eli put his finger to her lips before he said, "Sam, I don't think that'll work.' His eyes were ful of sadness but he wouldn't let a tear fall.

Sam stared at him for a minute before she opened her mouth again. "Tonight? Okay, how about tomorrow? I can bare with Jim for one night." She shrugged and smiled.

"No, Sam. I mean us." His head dropped and he slowly started to close the door.

Sam put her foot into the door before he could shut it completly. "Elijah, I know you like me, okay? It's totally obvious!" She screamed.

"Just because I like you doesn't mean it'll work between us!" Eli yelled back.

Sam glared at him then tried to slap him but he caught her hand. Her hand slowly fell as they looked at each other. "Well then, we can't be friends." She muttered.

Eli's face fell. "Huh?"

"I can't be friends with somebody that likes me and I like back. It's too painful. And I really don't need more pain right now." Sam's eyes watered as she turned on her heel to walk off.

Eli sighed before closing the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam walked into school the next morning, hoping she wouldn't run into anybody. She was heartbroken last night but she realized once she got home why Eli would say that. They were both different when you thought about it. It would never work. Different never worked. Look at her parents. Look at her life.

Her phone beeped as she got it out of her pocket.

Miss me?

She gasped, almost dropping her phone. She forgot all about this guy.

Her phone went off again and read, Black is a good color for you.

She looked around to see almost every student in this school pulling out their phones. She looked outside but saw nobody.

Her phone rang louder.

"Hello?" She answered.

"I can't wait to kiss you, Sammy Pooh." The deep voice was back.

"Leave me alone." She whispered, walking down the hall fast.

"Oh now? I can't do that. You see, I heard that's my baby."

She hung her phone up. Clare ran over, smiling, of course.

"What's up?" She asked.

Sam shrugged and put her phone back in her pocket. "Nothing. What about you?"

"Trying to think of a good film for me and Adam to do. They gave out the partners. You and Eli against me and Adam. This should be fun. Oh, we should make it a tie!" Clare clapped her hands.

"That's nice. Um--"

Holly J's voice echoed through the school. "Sam, Fiona, Sav and Drew. Please come to the gym."

Sam waved a quick good-bye to Clare then ran into the gym.

Once she was in there, she looked around to see Drew staring at Fiona as she and Sav were talking.

"Hey guys," Holly J walked into the gym with an arm full of papers and her hair a total mess.

"Oh, sweetie," Fiona walked over and handed her a hair tie. "Fix your hair."

Holly J pushed it aside as she looked at the rest of them. "So since you helped with the dance, you guys are supposed to help me earn money for the school next week." She smiled.

"Whoa, no." Drew held his hands up. "I gotta worry about other things."

"Your mother told me to make you," Holly J looked down at a sheet of paper before holding it up. "We need to have either a bake sale or a car wash."

"I'll stop you there," Sam held up a hand. "Car wash? Only guys will come to watch the girls get wet. Bake Sale? Barely any females will be there so why would guys? No, we need something better."

"She's totally right." Sav nodded. "Besides, a car wash in this weather?"

"Well, it was an idea." Holly J shrugged before turning to Sam. "What did you have in mind?"

Sam sighed. "A.. movie. People in this town are obsessed with the haunted of Applemill's house. We could do a short film about that." She shrugged.

Fiona gasped. "Yeah! My mom's friend used to work there. We could ask him to help us on some history."

"Yeah, and a family friend knows all about ghosts'." Sav smiled.

Holy J clapped her hands. "We have it. A short film. How much should we--"

"10," Sam said. "Ten dollars per person. That way if 20 people come we'll have 200 dollars. She shrugged. "Thats more than they actually made last bake sale. We only made forty."

"I can do that." Drew nodded.

They all clapped and looked at Sam as she grinned.

Later, Sam and Clare were walking outside. Clare was freaking out over this project while Sam was freaking out over their short film.

"I don't know who to ask to be in it. Sav and me are already going to film it and everything. Drew is a 'ghost hunter' and Fiona is the old lady who lives there. Holly J is going to help me write lines. We need more!" Sam whined.

"I'll help. If I can," Clare shrugged.

"Great! Adam?" Sam looked around the field.

Clare nodded. "He may. So might Eli--"

"No," Sam looked over at her. "No Eli. Eli is no longer apart of me."
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY! for not updating sooner xD anybody still reading? i hope so xD imma post another story right after this because i have a GREAT idea but thought i should break it into parts instead of one LONG one. anyways.

Comment pleasE? let me know people still read?

BTW, sorry for any missspellings or typos. too lazy to go back and check and also the actual spell check isnt working so...