Sequel: She Will Be Loved
Status: FINISHED.. Read the sequel! SHe Will Be Loved!

Just Friends

I Don't Wanna Lead You On;

Sam, Adam and Clare were sitting on the hospital floor. Sam couldn't stay still.. well, none of them could. Adam kept getting up to pace around while Clare rocked on the floor. Sam bit her nails and did everything she could to keep from hitting somebody. She hated when she got angry because she wanted to hit. It was a problem she'd had since she was little. She thought she was over it but she wasn't.

Sam could hear high heels and knew it was her mother in her famous leopard print heels.

"What's goin' on?" Shelby asked. She was wearing dress pants and a blouse. She must have been at the office today.

Sam stood up. "Thanks for comin'. Um, Eli got beat up and.. pretty badly." She bit her lip and looked into the room which a nurse just came out. She made a face and started talking to Shelby. Sam sighed and sat on the floor. "This is all my fault." She muttered.

"No." Clare put a hand on her shoulder. "It's Fitz's fault."

"Or Eli's." Adam threw in.

"It's both. Him for getting so worked up and me for doing that to him." Sam groaned and rested her head on the wall. "I wish I could take that kiss back."

"You kissed?" Adam asked in a fake surprised voice. Sam gave him a look. "Bad acting?" He asked. She nodded.

"Look. He'll be okay. He's a tough guy." Clare smiled and laid her head on Sam's shoulder.

A little while later they were allowed to see him. Sam walked in slowly with Adam and Clare behind her. Sam turned around quickly once she saw him move but Clare pushed her back in.

Sam sighed and sat on the bed beside the sleeping Eli. The nurse said he'd be fine. He just needed rest and he could go home later tonight as long as he stayed with somebody. Sam didn't know his parents and she didn't know if they were still around so Shelby let him stay with them until he got better. He was only supposed to need help for a few days until he got to be himself. Sam had a bad feeling he'd wake up at her house and throw a fit wanting to be in his own bed.

Sam bit her lip and lightly took Eli's hand. She could feel him grab it as if he was scared she'd let go. She stared at him confused. He may have been awake just faking the sleep. Or perhaps, he was just dreaming that he grabbed something as she had grabbed him.

"He looks awful." Clare moved some of his hair away and they all saw a long scar above his right eye. There had been a cut on the side of his lip and a few more scratches on his cheek that weren't that bad.

Adam sat in a chair by the window. "He did get into a fight with Fitz. He needs to calm it."

"Yeah, but, he wouldn't have gotten into that fight if it wasn't for me." Sam sighed. She looked down at the boy who kissed her. The boy that stole her heart but she just didn't think she was ready to give it up. Her mother didn't want her having a boyfriend. Just friends. Her friends wanted her and Eli together but she didn't know what she wanted. Maybe she wanted to be with him and maybe she didn't. Whenever she thought she had made up her mind she ended up over thinking again. Something she hated about herself.

Clare groaned. "It wasn't your fault. Fitz and Eli have been in this little fight thing for months before you showed up." She shrugged.

Sam looked out the window as Eli's grip tightened.

Next morning, Sam awoke on the couch. She, Adam and Clare had fallen asleep while talking last night. It was Friday but when she looked at the clock she realized they needed to skip a day since it was already nine in the morning. They'd be a few hours late. She could hear her mother's typing in the room across the living room. She used to love when she was little and she'd listen to the sound of her mother's long skinny finger's hitting the keys. Sam swore it was music. Now, She just wished it would stop. She felt like she had a hangover from all the sugar they had. Eli had never woken up on the way here so Adam had to help Clare and Sam move him into Sam's bed.

Sam woke Adam and Clare as soon as they heard footsteps in the hall. Sam saw a tired loooking Eli walk in wearing the clothes from yesterday. They found no clothes to fit him there.

Eli had looked up and glared at Sam. He walked over and sit beside Adam on the floor. "What happened?" He asked Clare.

"You and Fitz had a fight and he put you in the hospital. Shelby was kind enough to let us all stay here again." Clare smiled.

"I'm hungry." He looked into space as he said his. Sam thought he was extra adorable with the eye liner smudged under his eyes and the tired look. His hair was messy and he couldn't seem to get his eyes in focus.

"I can make you some homemade breakfast." Sam smiled.

"Clare, do they have pop tarts?" He asked.

Sam glared at him. She stood up and walked over to him, grabbing his shoulder to pull him back. He yelped in pain but she didn't care at that point. "Listen, I know whatever happened that night was my fault, but you can't just ignore me after I tried to save you. You owe me and you know it. I doubt it would kill you to be a little nice to me." She almost yelled but decided to say it in an angry whisper.

Eli just stared at her for a minute. First in a little fear which turned into depression. "That note-" He started.

"I never wrote a damn note." She glared.

"It was your handwriting!" Eli shouted.

Sam smacked the back of his head. "You've never seen my handwritin' now have ya?"

Eli took a minute to think about this. A light bulb went off and he looked down as if to say, "Oh."

Adam and Clare just stared at the two in shock. Adam bit his lip and scooted away a little while Clare continued to wait on what was to be said next.

"So, forgive me or not. I don't care anymore. But don't act this way or we'll be the ones in fist fights next." Sam crossed her arms.

"I'll take the breakfast.." Eli muttered, playing with a string on his pants.

Sam got up and walked into the kitchen and Clare followed. They started making everybody the meal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sucky I knowwwww. Anyways If I could get at least five comments before the next chapter I will be sooooo thankful and MAY write a SUPER long chapter xD If I have the time! So what do ya say? Five comments for a super long probably drama filled chapter?