Status: Active: updates every day or every other day

Miss Vengeance

Introduction

She groaned and let her head fall forward, connecting with the keys of the cash register.

“It’s not so bad,” her friend told her, gingerly patting her shoulder.

“Yes. It is,” she brushed her blonde hair out of her face.

“Comon, Missy. It’s only two hours.”

Missy sighed and set her chin on her fist. “Okay, maybe it’s not so bad, but I kind of like complaining.”

Her friend laughs. Well, as close to a laugh as she can get, her monotone, smooth voice flowing out like calm blue ocean water, “Jesus, I’ve noticed.”

Missy groaned, “Omen, shut up and go away. I’m kind of working.”

“Kind of?” Omen questioned, eyebrows raised in mockery, the most emotion she’s showed all day.

Missy’s boss stuck his shining head out of the office door, smirk on his lips, “Yeah, Omen, she’s kind of working. Come back in two hours.”

Now it was Omen’s turn to groan as she headed out the front doors of the grocery store.

Missy gave her boss a look and he pointed to the back storage room, indicating she needed to break down the boxes and he’d watch the front.

She mock saluted him and headed for the back. She’d somehow volunteered herself to work an extra two hours because, apparently, the boxes where taking over the landing dock. Omen sure lived up to her nickname. She walked in the doors and Missy’s boss was asking her to work a couple hours more to prevent a total box takeover.

But, her and Omen and their housemate where going to the “gentleman’s club” tonight and that could definitely keep her going for two more hours, at least. Sure, the only male of the three of them was her and Omen’s housemate, but Missy and Omen had fun anyway. KC had been planning this night for two week and Missy and Omen were given no choice in the matter.

Missy bent down to snatch up a box, ripping open the bottom and laying it flat. She looked up at the clock, sighing in relief when she saw she wasted a half hour. Only an hour and a half to go…