Status: Active: updates every day or every other day

Miss Vengeance

Two

“You have a sister?!” Synyster spat, almost dropping his Red Bull.

Zacky nodded, keeping his eyes on Missy. Missy glanced back at Omen and KC. Omen looked mildly surprised, which was an odd emotion from her. Then again, any emotion from Omen was odd. KC shrugged from where he leaned against the wall.

KC had always known Zacky was her older brother. He’d never exactly met him, considering Missy usually went to California when she saw him. Omen, however, was never told, mostly because Missy didn’t think it was that important. Sure, Omen knew she had a brother, and his name was Zack. But she was never told it was that Zack. Zacky Vengeance.

“And you failed to mention you had a sister, because?” Johnny jammed Zack in the ribs with his elbow.

“She lived in Wisconsin. When was I going to bring her around? She visited for tow days and went home. And, dude, she’s my sister. I wanted to keep her away from you guys,” he said, eyeing his friends individually.

“I let you around my little sister!” Matt said, giving Zack an accusing look.

“Yeah, and Johnny fucked her. And I’m pretty sure Jimmy tired,” Zack pointed out, “You, I don’t have to worry about. Syn, Jimmy, and Johnny? They’re the ones I’m afraid of.”

Missy watched her brother, laughing when he spread his arms out to block her from view.

“Zacky, I’m perfectly capable of avoiding danger. Drummers and bassist are players, guitar players are oblivious to everything, and lead singers are egotistical assholes. That about cover everyone?”

“Hey! I’m not a player!” Jimmy protested.

Brian shrugged, “I’d say that’s a pretty good assessment.”

Matt gave Zacky a look. “You tell her that?”

“No, I came up with that on my own, thanks,” Missy eyed him.

Sure, he was the best looking one, beside her brother, of course, and she knew from what Zack told her, Matt was quite the sweetheart. But, still, she was trying to prove a point.

Matt turned his eyes on her. Zack looked ready to explode.

“Zacky, breath,” she told him, putting her hands on his shoulders and kneading.

“Goddamit,” he breathed.

“I’m not twelve anymore. I know what’s what and I know what I want. You don’t really have to protect me anymore. That’s what my dad is for,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck in a one-sided hug.

He nodded, putting his hands on her forearms briefly.

“I know. But, I havent seen you in, Jesus, in forever and I’m a little unnerved okay? I’m not sure what they’re gonna do, I just, I don’t know. But if Jimmy or Johnny go after you, I reserve the right to kill them.”

“What about Synyster?”

“Just Brian,” Brian said, stepping forward to offer his hand. “And we can do—omf!”

He was cut off as Zack shoved him sideways into the wall, narrowly missing KC.

“Okay, so, she’s your sister. This we know. What she doing all the way up here?” Jimmy asked, watching Brian put his hands up in innocence.

“My dad and his dad are not the same,” Missy explained, taking a step back.

“Do you live around here?” Zack asked, turning around to look at her.

“Yes. 20 minutes or so away,” Omen answered, arms crossed over her chest.

“Can we, uh?”

“But only if you have beer!” Brian demanded.

“Missy’s from Wisconsin. Of course we have beer,” KC said like it should have been known all along.

“Yeah, sure,” Omen nodded, turning to lead the way back to KC’s pickup.

Once they had all piled inside, Zack and his friends following them in their rented SUV, Omen turned from the window to look at Missy.

“You failed to fucking mention your brother was not only a Zack, but the Zack,” she simply stated.

Missy wondered if she was mad. She wondered if Omen were to show emotion, what she would look like mad, what her facial expression would actually be, and if her face would shattered if she moved more than just her lips.

“I just didn’t think what he was, was all that important,” she simply stated. And it was true.

“But, KC knew?”

“Yeah, cause KC is my cousin and I’ve known him forever,” Missy pointed out.

Omen nodded, flopping back in her seat. Maybe not mad, maybe confused.

KC just grunted, twisting the wheel onto the freeway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oookay. There's that. Again, SPECIAL thanks to Burning Alchemist (who no longer has her iSyn :( but we still loves her and her teddy Mr. Crhist) and Ms. Surge18. And thanks to those who read and subscribe! You make my heart smile.
Love it, hate it, think she could be better? Please comment, subscribe, or both.