Running Wild in the Night

You Can't Live Until You Die

Still Brian's POV

Danni slid onto the ground, sobbing while I punched the wall. It didn't do much aside from giving me bloody knuckles. Val was crying too as she buried her face onto Matt's shoulder. Matt and the rest of the guys were just in too much shock to do anything, especially Jimmy.

I don't blame him. Nikki was his cousin and possibly one of the few family members that she had that was nice to her. He was one of the few people that Nikki actually trusted. Hell, I think Jimmy was the only person she trusted and hearing that she's dead.......I don't blame him for the way he's acting.

And how the hell is he going to tell his parents?

"You let my cousin overdose," Jimmy yelled, walking towards Danni.

"She wanted me to inject the heroin in! Its not my fault," Danni protested.

"Nikki's dead because of you!"

"Where is her body," Val asked, still crying.

Danni pointed to a dumpster, only ten feet away from us. "That's where I dumped her body."

We were about ready to head towards there and retrieve Nikki's body when a load groan came. I looked at everyone as I stopped in my tracks. Was there a chance that Nikki was still alive?

No, that can't be possible. Danni said she had overdosed and that there was no heartbeat when she felt for a pulse but was there a chance that Nikki survived?

Another groan came and suddenly the lid of the dumpster went flying open. Our eyes widened as Nikki pulled herself out of the dumpster. Danni screamed and Nikki's eyes shot towards her direction, and ours. Death was upon her face. Her green eyes were red and blood shot; lips were blue, and dark circles formed around her eyes. Nikki looked at Danni and said in a hoarse voice, "Jimmy's going to kill me."

Danni stared at Nikki in shock as she began walking towards her, trying to crawl away. My eyes widened as I saw trails of blood dripping down her arms. "Y-y-you're alive," Danni asked, crawling backwards to get away from Nikki.

"Oh yeah. I'm alive," she replied.

"Nikki?"

She turned her head and saw us for the first time. Her bloodshot eyes widened when she saw that Jimmy was here. The only thing she said was, "I'm in trouble, aren't I?"

"Nikki......."

"I'm sorry, Jimmy. I'm sorry I'm a fucking fuck-up who can't do anything right and all that I want is a stupid thing that's going to kill me," Nikki said, tears starting to form.

We all looked at Jimmy who just shook his head, saying, "How many times do I have to tell you that you're not a fucking fuck-up? Its not your damn fault you're like this."

With that, Jimmy just walked up to Nikki and hugged her. For the first time in the time that I've known her, she was actually crying. Jimmy just stood there, letting her cry into his shoulder and telling her that everything would be better. T

"Will she be okay," Val asked as Jimmy carried a sleeping Nikki into his car.

He nodded and said, "She will be. Nikki's a tough cookie to kill."

Nikki's POV

I woke up to find myself in my room, back in Huntington Beach. It was noon and I knew Jimmy and everyone else was at school. My aunt and uncle were at work so I guess I was by myself. After smelling my arm, I opted to take a shower. Hell, I was fucking dead in a dumpster. Of course I would smell bad.

Several things entered my mind as I looked at my reflection. My eyes were still bloodshot with dark circles around them. "I don't even know who I am anymore," I muttered as I brushed my wet hair.

I knew that I wanted to stay clean and sober but I also knew that I can't do it by staying alone for the rest of my life. I had to get out into the real world eventually. I didn't want to be stuck inside for the rest of my pathetic life.

"Nikki?"

No one should be here. I grabbed a bat and walked to the stairs. There, by the landing, was Brian, holding some flowers and some food from Taco Bell. "Why are you here," I asked, walking down the stairs.

"I'm skipping and Jimmy gave me the key to the house so I could check up on you," he said, handing me the Taco Bell bag, "Jimmy told me you like churros so I got you some and nachos."

We sat in the kitchen, eating, and not saying much. I took a sip of my mountain dew and looked at him. "Why are you here, exactly?"

"I was scared that you ran off to LA and died again."

"You really were worried?"

"Yeah. When Danni said you died, I felt like it was my fault."

"What wasn't your fault. I had been planning on seeing some dealers as soon as I got out of that looney bin," I said in a grave tone.

Brian just stared at me and asked, "Now what are you going to do?"

My brain raced as I thought about it. What was I going to do now. "I don't know. I already died so the only thing I can do now is actually live."
♠ ♠ ♠
this is a crappy part.......I'm supposed to be writing an essay over Hamlet so my brain is not functioning well.