Running Wild in the Night

A Reason to Party

~Still Nikki's POV~

"Oh, someone's birthday is in two days," Jimmy sang as I came downstairs.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I never really cared much about my birthday. Hell, I never told anyone it’s my birthday on my birthday. To me, birthdays had no real point; just a reminder that I'm getting older.

Besides, living with my dad, I never had anything special done on my birthday. It was just another tragic day of getting yelled at, beaten, or getting high. I was so used to living my life like that that I don't expect anything.

"Jimmy, I don't care much about my birthday."

"So? You're living with me now. We can have a big party and have fun and-"

"Jimmy, I really don't care. It’s just my birthday," I said, getting some waffle mix.

"It's your birthday?"

Walking in the kitchen was Brian and Zacky. I slapped myself on the forehead and continued to make myself some waffles, mumbling to myself about why I don't care about my birthday.

"No, her birthday's in two days," Jimmy said, "And I say that we have a party but Nikki says no."

Brian just walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. "C'mon, we should have a party for you. I mean, you're turning seventeen, Nikki."

"I never had anything special done on my birthday and I was perfectly fine with it. I'm also perfectly fine with keeping it that way."

"Don't you want to have a party? Or at least a nice dinner," Zacky said, watching as I put the mix in the waffle maker.

"Not really," I replied, not looking at him because I knew he was giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Why not," Brian asked.

"Because I've spent the last several birthdays on my own, getting high. This time, I rather just not do anything," I answered, getting irritated with everyone's questions.

I put my waffles onto a plate and walked to the fridge, Brian letting go of me. I grabbed the butter and syrup and headed to the table, waiting for more questions to come.

Why didn't I want a party?

Well because I just don't want one. The last time I had a party was when my mom was alive and that was almost four years ago. Sure that's a long time but she was the one that was nice to me before I came here.......and I still miss her.

~Brian's POV~

Nikki just sat at the table, staring off into space as she just stabbed her waffles with her fork, continuously. I knew she was thinking about something but I had to wonder what she was thinking about.

Zacky, Jimmy and I looked at one another as she just kept stabbing her waffles. Jimmy walked over to her and poked her in the ribs. That normally caused her to just shoot up and get annoyed with him but Nikki did nothing. She just stared on, lost in her own thoughts.

I don't know if she noticed, I doubt it, but a tear just fell down from her eyes. She didn't notice; Nikki just sat there, not noticing anything. Hell, if Johnny came in, wearing a bright pink tutu with a flamingo on his head, I don't think she would have even noticed that.

"Nikki," Jimmy asked, trying to get her to regain herself.

Nikki just got up and walked upstairs. A door slammed shut signaling to us that she went straight to her room. Zacky and I looked at Jimmy who just stared at the direction that his cousin went off to.

"Dude, what happened," Zacky asked.

"I don't know. Brian, go check up on her. Zacky.....you are going to help me plan this party whether she wants one or not."

We both nodded and I headed up the stairs. Nikki's door was indeed closed but I opened it anyway. There sitting by the window and staring out of it was Nikki. She looked a bit sad and depressed as she turned to look at him.

"What's up," I asked, walking towards her.

"The last time I had a birthday party was when my mom was alive," she whispered.

"Is that why you don't want to have a birthday party," I asked, sitting behind her and taking her in my arms.

Nikki just nodded and showed me a picture in her hand. It was taken somewhere in Colorado; I could tell because there were snowy mountains in the background. There was a ten- or nine-year-old Nikki, being hugged by a woman in her thirties. She had the same eyes as Nikki, same hair, same bone structure....hell practically same everything. Nikki looked like an exact copy of this woman and that was the clue that told me this was her mother.

"You look just like her," I said, trying to cheer her up.

"I don't see it."

We just talked about nothing and everything all at once. Anything to cheer her up, we talked about. Nikki told me about all the random things she did in Colorado......mountain climbing and everything. Things that I know she wished she could do again but at the moment, was not allowed to. Either way, it was amusing just talking with her. Just listening and talking with Nikki seemed to make her feel better.

"I have a question," I said, after a couple minutes of talking about potato chips.

"Shoot."

"Why'd you make waffles and not eat them?"

Nikki turned her head to look at me as she shrugged. "No clue. I thought I was going to eat them but you, Jimmy, and Zacky started bugging me about having a party."

"I still say we have one," I said, kissing her nose.

She just smiled and leaned against my chest, closing her eyes. "Why, Brian? Why are you guys obsessed with throwing me a birthday party?"

"Because! Parties are fun! And you're turning seventeen, Nikki! Please," I said, begging.

A sigh came from her as she opened her eyes. "I don't know."

"Please?"

"Fine. Go throw me a party if it will get you and everyone else to stop begging," Nikki said, getting up.

I gave her a dorky smile as I got up to hug you. "I promise, this will be a killer party. Just you wait."

She just shook her head slightly, apparently amused with what I said was going to happen but she made no effort to stop me. Now there was one more thing I needed to ask her.

"Hey Nikki?"

"Yeah," she asked, grabbing one of her many hoodies.

"Want to go to prom with me next week?"

~Nikki's POV~

Did he just ask me to go to prom with him? I think he did.

"I've never been to prom before," I said, putting on my hoodie.

"So? First time for everything," he said, a dorky smile plastered on her face.

I sighed as I stared at the ground, thinking about it. I never have gone to prom before and this would be fun, I guess. But I'm going with Brian so it should be fun considering it makes everything better for me. But I've never go to prom before. So? Brian would be there with me. Him and the rest of the guys and Val. Do I want to go to prom?

"Um.....alright."
♠ ♠ ♠
I got frustrated when I was playing Super Smash Bros Brawl. Why? Cause I can't get Wolf O'Donnell. Well I can but I have to do like 400 some odd brawls and thats too time consuming.....that's why I had my little brother do that.

So to kill some bored, I updated. I better get a nice comment at least....and you better advertise to your friends about this story....no actually, if you want to go ahead. I just wanted to give myself an odd ego boost.

AND ITS FUCKING SNOWING! FUCK YEAH!