Running Wild in the Night

Kiss And Tell

Still Nikki's POV

"Velkan," I called as I sat down on the floor with my squirming puppy.

After three days, I was feeling much better. Not 100% but better than a couple of days ago. I'm ecstatic that I allowed to go out of my room because I was getting sick of it. Now my little puppy boy (yes, that's what I call him) was sitting on my lap, being a little spaz head. Oh well, he's an adorable little puppy.

"How's my favorite guy been, huh," I asked, holding him up.

"I thought I was your favorite guy."

I turned around to see Brian walking towards me. He had a small pout on his face that caused me to laugh. He sat next to me and looked at Velkan, a jealous look on his face.

"Brian, Velkan's my favorite guy puppy. You're my favorite guy that's a person," I said, laughing as Velkan jumped out of my arms and started licking Brian.

"Good because I was getting jealous," he said, jokingly, as he tried to avoid Velkan's sloppy kisses.

"So why are you here," I asked as I grabbed Velkan and got up to go get a cookie.

"I was wondering something......actually, I need a favor," Brian said, following me.

"What?"

Velkan jumped down to the floor and started running around. I looked at him as I grabbed a cookie, hoping that he wouldn't run into the wall considering he's been doing that lately.

"Iwaswonderingifyoudtutormebecauseimfailing," he said quickly.

"What? The only thing I got from you was the word 'I'," I said, giving him a weird look.

He sighed and said, "I'm failing and my parents are harping on me and I was wondering if you'd help me."

"Like what? Be your tutor?"

"Yeah," he muttered, not looking at me.

Aw, how cute! He's embarrassed. Big bad Brian Haner Jr. is embarrassed!

I smiled as I sat on the counter, eating my cookie. "You are so fucking adorable. Of course I'll help you out. Just tell me what subjects you're failing," I said as I leaned over to grab a cup from a nearby cabinet.

"Um, math, English, and............... physics."

I spat out my drink and started coughing. "Since when did you take physics!?"

"I have been for the whole year. My parents made me and now I'm officially failing," he said, staring at the fridge.

I hopped down from the counter and wrapped my arms around his waist, placing my head against his chest. He looked down at me and smiled, "You made me feel better. You know that? You didn't make fun of me or anything, Nikki."

"Well, I did say in my head you looked adorable admiring that you were failing to me."

He just smiled and gave me a kiss on the lips. "What you do to me, Nikki, what you do to me......."

"You brought Spazzy," Jimmy asked as I walked down into Brian's basement with Velkan in my arms.

The only reason Brian went to my house was to get me. Jimmy told him that I was feeling much better and Brian just declared that I should be here instead of being alone at home. Jimmy now referred to Velkan as "Spazzy" because Velkan was running around the house, running into walls, and running into his legs. Velkan is my little spaz-ball but I love him.

I sat on the couch, with Velkan on my lap, drawing. Val sat next to me, watching me drawing with my crazy dog moving around on my lap. Trust me, it was a bit hard with the little spaz.

"I don't know how you do it," Val said, pulling me away from my random thoughts.

"Do what?"

"Draw. Paint. Do all your amazing art shit. And you're drawing with crazy Velkan on your lap!"

I just laughed as Velkan hopped down from my lap and ran straight into one of Jimmy's drums.

Brian's POV

"So did you ask Nikki," Zacky asked as we were setting up.

"Yeah. She said yes."

"You do realize that prom is next week," Matt pointed out.

I nodded and looked over at Nikki. Yes, I already asked her to be my prom date but I wondered if she remembers. I asked like three weeks ago but you never know with Nikki McCade. She sometimes forgets things and I'm hoping me asking her isn't one of them.

I wonder what she looks like in a dress. Random thought I know but in all the pictures I've looked at in that album Julia left, I have yet to see a picture of Nikki in a dress. It’s easy to tell that she hates dresses but I really have to wonder: what does Nicole Storm McCade look like in a dress?

Ha ha, I know her middle name but she doesn't know mine. She hates that fact and often bothers me about it. I won't tell. I hate my middle name. At least her's is cool. Storm.....that's just plain awesome.

"Brian! Brian! BRIAN! BRIAN!"

I blinked and looked at Johnny who was yelling at me. Everyone was looking at me funny as I just stood there, Johnny's bass in my hand. He asked me to hand it to him because I was closest and I was in a good mood so I agreed. Apparently I still hadn't done that. I handed it to him as I looked over at Nikki who was looking at her drawing, a smile on her lips. I knew she was laughing inside. A smile formed on lips as I saw that she was playing the emerald pendant around her neck.......the pendant off of the necklace I had gotten her.

"Sorry," I mumbled as Johnny took it.

"What were you thinking about," Nikki asked.

Velkan was being more of a spaz than ever and Nikki decided to take him on a walk. I came along with her because Jimmy was afraid of her getting lost and kidnapped. He had really over-dramatic thoughts when he was getting worried, especially if it was about Nikki. She's hisonly favorite cousin and he would hate it if anything happened to her. Hell, when she ran off the Los Angeles, he was broken.

"I was wondering if you still remembered that I asked you to prom," I said, watching as Nikki threw a ball for Velkan to run after.

"Yeah I remember. It’s just........"

"You're still going with me, right," I asked, getting worried.

"I don't know what to wear to these things. I never went to my own prom when I was in high school. I never went to any dances. Period," she said, standing there as she looked at her little rottweiller run back to her.

"Seriously? Val was talking to me about this idea in government that she had. She wants to take you dress shopping with her. Do nails and the nine yards," I said, sitting down.

She tossed the ball again, Velkan running after it, as she sat down next to me. "Really? I won't be so clueless," she asked, smiling at me.

I returned the smile and answered, "Yup."

"I have a question for you though."

"What?"

"What's your middle name?"

I slapped my forehead as Nikki laughed. How did I know she was going to ask me that? How did I? Maybe it’s now become her favorite question. She's a little kid and the question "why?". She's obsessed!

"Why do you want to know," I asked, shaking my head.

"Because you know mine and I really really really really really really really want to know yours," she answered, throwing the ball again.

"What do I get if I tell you?"

"A kiss?"

"Fine. It’s Elwin. Happy?"

She just looked at me, her jaw dropped. Her eyes had that little twinkle of joy in them as she gasped. "Really? That's so fucking adorable! Brian Elwin Haner Jr. Aw, Brian Elwin! That is so fucking cute! I loves it," she said, giving me a hug.

"I think someone owes me a kiss," I stated, looking at her.

Nikki just looked at me, placed her hands on my face, and kissed me. She was about ready to pull away when I placed my hand on her neck, keeping her in place as I deepened the kiss. When I pulled away, Nikki just glared at me. "You just wanted a good excuse for a kiss, didn't you?"

I smirked and nodded, "Yup."

"You're a meanie head, Elwin."