Running Wild in the Night

She Never Looked So Good

Nikki's POV

"Nikki," somebody whispered as they shook my arm.

I groaned and rolled over to my side, trying to ignore whoever it was. Velkan, who I allowed to sleep in my bed, was curled up against my stomach; his furry body tickling my skin. "Leave me alone," I mumbled.

"Nikki, c'mon, it’s Val!"

My eyes opened as she said who she was. Val stood in front of me, smiling, with a cup of coffee in her hands. She was fully dressed as my eyes wandered to the alarm clock next to my bed. "Its ten, Nikki," she said, sitting down.

"Then why are you here?"

"Because I'm taking you to go dress shopping for prom," she replied.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I was dressed in a tank top and shorts and really didn't want to change out of them. I was comfortable and I really didn't want to do anything else, just lay in bed and sleep.....maybe getting something to eat later but food was not on my mind. Velkan woke up and was stretching his body, doing his little puppy yawn that somehow was like morning yawn. I rubbed his little ears as I looked over at Val. "Do we have to?"

"Duh! Brian's dressing up as well," she said, trying to give me some incentive to get up.

"He doesn't have to. Hell, he could wear what he normally wears and I'd be fine with it."

"We have to dress up for prom, Nikki," she said, laughing.

"Oh," was the only thing I could say.

She walked out of my room, closing the door behind her, and leaving me to get dressed and do whatever I did when I woke up. I sat on my bed for a couple of minutes, staring at nothing and getting lost in my thoughts. Velkan hopped onto my lap, licking my face. I smiled as I looked down at him. In the three weeks that I've had him, he's been getting bigger. His black and purple collar around his neck was too big but it made him look so adorable. I loves this little puppy.

Velkan barked, snapping me out of my thoughts and bringing me back to reality. I looked at him to see that he had jumped off my bed and now had one of my hair clips stuck on his ear. I'm not sure how he did it but he did. "Velkan, you are such a little spaz," I said, taking it off.

He did his little puppy dance and walked out. I shook my head as I walked into my closet to grab some clothes.

"About time," Val said as I came into the kitchen.

I was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, a black Motley Crue shirt, a black hoodie, and my converse. I did my bathroom shit but apparently, it took awhile because Val had gotten impatient. "Sorry, Velkan was being a spaz."

"Try this one on! And this one! Oh and this one! And this one," Val said, pulling dresses off the racks left and right.

I sat on a chair, watching her. She had already found the dress she was wearing and now was on the hunt for the dress that would be mine. I never understood girls and prom........and I'm a girl.......that must make me a bit pathetic. But really, what's the big deal. Getting dressed up for one day of your life? That makes no point in my world but Jimmy always said that my world was very backwards from the real world. Either way, I preferred my world.

"Okay, try these dresses on and I'll judge them," Val said, handing me a huge pile of dresses.

I looked at the pile and walked into the dressing room, mumbling how much I hate dresses. I put on the first one, a black and white one that tied around my neck and was poofy. As soon as I walked out, Val immediately said, "No, that one makes look fat."

The next dress was a dark red one that was tight and made all my curves really noticeable. "No, that one makes your boobs really big."

A green one that was knee length and strapless. "No you remind me of a tree."

"This is the one! It looks amazing on you, Nikki," Val explained as I walked out, wearing the final dress in that huge pile.

Brian's POV

It was the day of prom and Val hadtaken kidnapped Nikki to get their hair and nails done. I say "kidnapped" because according to Jimmy, Val didn't tell her that they were going to do that. Suzy was trying to get my hair to look nice but McKenna kept stealing the comb, which I didn't mind.

I wonder what Nikki's wearing. According to Val, she looks amazing and I was really curious what she looked like. Oh well, either way she's abeautiful pretty girl.

"Are you giving those flowers to Nikki?"

I looked down at McKenna who was looking at me. I was currently putting a bouquet of flowers of red roses in a vase so that they would stay wet and wouldn't dry out tonight. "Yes, I got those for Nikki."

"Really? They're pretty," McKenna said, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

I know where this is going so I took one and handed it to her, "Here, you can have one."

She gasped as she hugged my leg, "Thank you, Brian!"

The time came and I was actually dressed. I was wearing a dress shirt and black slacks ((think of what he wore to the 2006 MTV music awards)). Easy enough but still somewhat formal. My dad was going on about how I should wear a tie while I got the bouquet.

"Brian, you should wear a tie!"

"Why?"

"Because you'll look better with one on," he insisted.

This was going on for ten minutes. "Fine! Give me the damn thing," I said, grabbing the black tie from his hand.

After placing it around my neck and tying it, I realized he was right. Damnit!

"See you do look better with a tie on," he said with a smug look on his face.

"Oh shut it, pops," I said, walking out the door.

"Brian!"

I turned around to see Suzy running towards me. "We're coming too because we want to take pictures of you and Nikki," she said, holding a camera.

I slapped my forehead as my dad came out too. "Great, I thought I was home free."

I walked into Jimmy's place. Jimmy was wearing black pants and a white dress shirt; his jacket was laying on the couch. He was going with this chick, Sarah Wilde. She was nice but I really didn't know her.

"Hey, Brian," Jimmy greeted.

"Hey, Jimmy, my parents came because they wanted to take pictures."

"Its okay, my parents are starting that camera crazy again."

I laughed as I sat on the couch, waiting for Jimmy to get Nikki. Everyone, myself included, laughed as we heard Nikki scream, "I'M COMING ALREADY! NOW STOP FUCKING CALLING ME!"

Jimmy came down the stairs, a bit in shock, as he said, "Nikki got mad at me and almost threw her shoe at me."

"Damnit, I already said I was coming and people keep calling me," we heard Nikki mumble as she walked down the stairs.

My jaw dropped as I saw her. Nikki wore black and purple dress that tied around her neck, revealing some of her back, and complementing some of her curves. The end of the dress dragged behind her as she walked down the stairs. Her hair was down and the ends were curled, giving her an elegant look. I smiled as I saw the necklace around her neck. When she got to the landing, Nikki looked at me, cocking her head. She had some make-up on but it wasn't much and she still looked amazing.

"What," she asked.

"You look amazing," Suzy and her aunt said, looking at her.

Nikki blushed as I walked towards her, handing her the flowers. Her jaw dropped as she looked at them. "Pretty!"

I smiled as she took them. God, she has never looked so good........
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do we think? No pictures just because I couldn't find what I was thinking about.

Comments are nice and tell all your friends about this story! I don't know why I said that but I think its because I'm listening to Taking Back Sunday's "Cute Without the 'E' (Cut From the team)." I heart banners.......

Okay....*hunts for ice cream* Stupid swollen tonsel, still making me feel like crap