Running Wild in the Night

Our Souls Are Lost Without Each Other

Brian's POV

I woke up the next morning, looking at the most beautiful sight in the world. Nikki was still sleeping, her perfect naked body curled up against my own bare flesh. She took deep, silent breaths as she let herself get lost in her own dreams. I ran my fingers down the smooth skin of her arm, thinking about everything.

I wonder what she dreams about.

Am I in her dreams because that would be cool if I was.

Do her dreams make sense or are they as fucked up as my own?

Why the fuck am I curious about her dreams?

How did I get a girl as amazing as Nikki? Yeah, that's a good question.

Well............

She's so fucking beautiful, sweet, smart, and every other god damn thing I could ever love in a girl. She's gone through Hell and still is so fucking amazing. I don't know how anyone that could go through the things Nikki did and still remain so nice. Thinking about every damn thing she went through, I have to admire Nikki. She practically died but lived to tell her tragic tale.

I love this girl.

"Brian?"

I looked down to see Nikki looking up at me. Her amazingly beautiful green eyes stared into my brown ones, confusion within them. A smile crept on my lips as I kissed her nose. "What?"

"You seem really focused on something," she whispered, burying her face in my neck.

"I'm thinking about how amazing you are."

Nikki didn't say anything but just kissed my neck. I groaned as her teeth bit the flesh.

"You are such a weirdo, Brian."

I watched as she sat up, rubbing her neck. She held the blanket so that it covered her bare front. I laughed and she looked at me. "What?"

"I've already seen you naked so why cover yourself?"

She looked at me as if it were obvious. I hope it’s not obvious because then I'd feel really stupid. "Um one, its habit, and two, I don't know when your family members could walk in here."

I laughed but I had to admit: she had a point. That would be strange if one of my family members walked in and Nikki was sitting up, totally in the nude. Although, I enjoy seeing that.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp sting as Nikki's hand came into contact with my arm. "What the fuck, Nikki?"

"You're thinking weird thoughts again," she said, lying back down.

"How can you tell?"

"Simple, you start staring off in the distance and a dorky smile is on your face."

Damn, Nikki's smart.

"So, if you were invisible and I was invisible, could you see me," I heard Nikki ask Val as we decided to just have a random day of going to the mall.

Val looked at her and cocked her head. I wasn't sure if she thought that Nikki was having a stupid moment or if she was trying to come up with an answer. "You know, that's a good question. Now I want to know," Val said, finally coming up with something to say.

"Yeah I know! I had this funky dream where everyone was invisible but we could still see each other and that didn't make sense," Nikki said, taking a sip of her mountain dew.

"You have fucked up dreams, too," I asked, stealing a cookie from her.

She looked at me as if it was the end of the world. "You have taketh my cookie! My life is ruined!"

"Man you are so weird after we have sex," I said, laughing.

Nikki just shrugged and said, "You took my cookie though! What if I was going to eat that later?"

"Coley, it’s a cookie. Here's a twenty. Buy yourself more cookies," Jimmy said, handing her a twenty dollar bill.

"Yay," she exclaimed, getting up and literally skipping to the cookie place.

As soon as Nikki was out of earshot, Jimmy sat back, placing one ankle on his knee, "So you guys fucked."

I rolled my eyes. Why did I mention us having sex? I'm such a dumb idiot. "Yeah.....," I started, eating the cookie.

"Well," Zacky hinted.

"I'm not sharing my sex life with Nikki with you guys. That would be disturbing to the both of us."

"Aw, c'mon," Matt said, whining, "We always say which girls are good."

"Yeah, and Nikki's Jimmy's cousin. That's disturbing."

Jimmy made a face and shuddered, "He's right. I don't want to hear about how my best friend fucks my cousin."

"I am being summoned," Jimmy yelled as his cell phone went off.

We all laughed as he got up because people were looking at him funny. You got to love a guy as crazy as Jimmy. There's a reason why he's my best friend.

"So how are things between you and Nikki," Johnny asked as he bit into a French fry.

"Good, why?"

"You know next year, you're going to college."

I stared at everyone, realizing that they were right. I was going the Musicians Institute and that's in Los Angeles. Great, I find a girl that I'm totally head over heels in love with and I forget I'm going to college. Just great.

I didn't want to think about it so I just turned to watch Jimmy. He was pacing and a scared look was on his face. I remember seeing that look before and it was when Nikki was coming to live him in the first place. Every possible worst case scenario played out in my head. Suddenly, Jimmy dropped his cell phone and just stood there. A shocked look was on his face.

"Jimmy, what the fuck is wrong," Zacky asked as he walked back.

Jimmy just stared at the table, still shocked. He looked like he was about ready to faint or something. But what he told us, I thought everything was going to come crashing down on us.

"My dad and Nikki got in a car accident," he said, still staring with a blank look on his face.

My world did come crashing down on me. Nikki, my Nikki, the love of my life Nikki, was in a car accident. Part of me was hoping that it wasn't too bad but the way Jimmy was, it told me otherwise. It felt like all time stopped and decided to mock me.

"Please tell me she's alive," I whispered.

"She is but is in critical condition. I'm leaving right now," Jimmy said as he picked up his stuff.

"We're coming with you," Val said, standing up.

Everyone mirrored that suit, myself included. Jimmy just smiled and said, "Thanks, guys."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea why I titled this what I did. I'm listening to Tonightless by Eighteen Visions.

And this is got to be my shittiest chapter that I have ever written.