Running Wild in the Night

Van Nuys

Brian's POV

So Nikki's surgery went well. I spent so much time worrying about her, actually, Nikki and I spend so much time worrying and nothing happened. Ironic how that happens.

The downside was that Nikki was sent to spend a week resting in Van Nuys at her grandparents' home. According to Jimmy and his parents, Cody and Julia lived on a ranch-like home with 100 acres separating them and their nearest neighbor. Seemed like the perfect place to have her go but it was an hour away. Its not like I could walk to the McCade home and visit her whenever I wanted to; she's in another fucking city! To make matters worst, I missed her and couldn't stop thinking about her.

Oh, how I love this girl.

"Guess what," Jimmy yelled in a sing-song fashion as he walked down the stairs to my basement.

Another day of band practice and today, we chose to have it at my house. Okay, no, we didn't choose; everyone else just declared it. Either way, I didn't care.

"What," Val asked as she did her homework on the couch.

"Guess who's going to Van Nuys tomorrow to pick up his cousin and will spend the night there and is allowed to bring his bestest friends in the whole wide world to come along with him."

We all stared at him, confused and trying to understand what he just said. It hit us like a ton of bricks at the same time.

"Wait, you're saying that we can come with you to Van Nuys to pick up Nikki," Matt asked, trying to believe him.

"And we're spending the night at the McCade home," Zacky added, doing the same.

Jimmy just smirked as he started to set up his drums. "Yup so you all up for a road trip?"

Man, that was a stupid question to ask us.

Nikki's POV

"Nicole?"

My eyes fluttered open as soon as I heard someone calling my name. I stretched out my arms, fully waking up from one of my multiple daily naps. Ever since I got to Van Nuys, my favorite thing has been taking naps. Well, sleeping along with fencing with my grandfather and relaxing by the lake.

Anyway, Velkan whined as he stirred as well. Yes, I took my little spaz-ball with me. I think I would have been miserable if I didn't bring him with me.

"Yes," I muttered, sitting up.

My grandmother smiled as she walked into my room, a tray of soup and a bottle of water was in her hands. She placed it on my lap as she took a seat on the edge of my bed. I grabbed the spoon and started eating. "What time is it," I asked, opening the water bottle.

"It's almost three, Nikki."

"Seriously? Wow, I need to do something active," I said, rubbing my arms.

"Well your grandfather is going to do some fencing today so you could join him."

"Yeah, I think I might do that."

Velkan hopped out of my bed and stretched out on the floor. He did his little dog yawn and walked out of my room. My grandmother and I laughed when we heard him walk into a door. Yeah, my dog is strange.

"Oh that reminds me; Jimmy and his friends are coming tomorrow and spending the night here. And you're also going home with them too," my grandmother said, collecting the now empty bowl and bottle.

I had a some water in my mouth that I almost spat out. "Really? Brian included?"

She nodded as she got up, a smile was her face as she walked out. I just sat in my bed, staring at the ceiling and getting lost in my thoughts.

I missed Brian, I really did. I called him occasionally but most times, I'd sleep. Yes, I'm a lazy bitch but still. Whenever we talked, we talked for hours on end; it was great. Now that I'm going home, I'm really am excited to just be around him.

Man, what that guy does to me.

Brian's POV

"Are we there yet," I asked.

"Dude, Brian, that's like the fourth time you asked us in the last twenty minutes," Zacky yelled, "Jimmy already said that it takes about an hour to get to Van Nuys and then another ten minutes because the Julia and Cody live on the outskirts of the city!"

"Well sorry! I just really want to get there!"

"Dude, just go to sleep or something," Matt suggested.

I looked at him funny, cocking my head to the side.

"Why?"

"By the time you wake up, we'll already be there," Johnny said.

"Hm, fine, that's an idea," I said, leaning against the window and shutting my eyes.

"Brian? Brian, wake up," Val said as she shook my shoulder.

My eyes opened as I started muttering some nonsense. "Fuzzy pandas," I muttered as I rubbed my eyes, "What?"

"We're here. We're at the McCade ranch," Jimmy yelled as he ran up to the front door.

He rang it as I got out of the car, stretching. I blinked a couple of times as my eyes adjusted to the light. Wow, the McCades have a nice place. Just open space for miles.

"Jimmy! Come in, come in," I heard Julia's voice call.

We all followed her into the large house and stared in awe of the inside. Despite having a ranch appearance on the outside, it had a very home-y feel. Several paintings adorned the walls, all of which I assumed were done by Nikki.

Velkan ran by, chasing a bouncing tennis ball, and Jimmy grabbed him. "Hello, Spazzy!"

Julia smiled as she lead us outside. "I'll bring your bags up but Nikki's outside fencing with Cody."

We all nodded and walked into the large backyard. There was two people, both in the protective fencing gear, having a match. I didn't know which was which because their faces were both covered. One of them look at us and we soon recognized his voice as Cody's. "Nikki, want to take a break?"

Nikki took off her mask and leaned down against one of her foils. She was breathing heavily as the sweat dripped down her face and onto the ground. She hadn't noticed us yet.

"Coley bear!"

She looked up and saw Jimmy running towards her, tackling her to the ground. Nikki laughed as she yelled for him to get off. Cody smiled as he walked by us, greeting us, before he walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, Nikki."

She looked at me and instantly a smile formed. I walked towards her, wrapping my arms around her body and pulling her close to me. I felt her warm breath as she sighed. "I missed you," Nikki muttered.

"Missed you too."

"Welcome to Van Nuys," she said, kissing my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, look at my journals and click the "New Stories?" link. Why? Because you can help which story comes up next! So please do that!