Running Wild in the Night

Enter Tash Harper

Brian's POV

"Can I help you," a lady asked as we entered the South Coast Recovery center.

We all decided to go to San Diego and to South Coast Recovery several days after that phone call. We all watched as Nikki worried anxiously and spent her time pacing. She, of all people, would know what Tash Harper, her best friend, is going through. I've witness Nikki's withdrawals combined with her temper, everyone has.

"Um, yeah," Nikki replied in a mumbling tone, "I'm wondering if I could visit my friend."

"Yes, these are visiting hours. WHo is that you are here to see?"

"Natasha, prefers 'Tash', Harper."

"Ah, yes. Just go through those doors and wait in the waiting area," she said, pointing to the doors, "And I send for someone to get Ms. Harper for you."

Nikki nodded as she walked through the doors. We followed and sat down on the couches. We looked around, all of us feeling awkward in a rehab center.

"So, this is a rehab center," Johnny said, looking around at the white walls.

"I wouldn't know," Nikki muttered, "I got lucky."

"What do you mean," Val asked.

"I didn't go to rehab. Instead, I had you all helping me with my own addictions."

I smiled as I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her close to me, but she didn't notice. Nikki's eyes were narrowed and I could tell she was chewing on the inside of her cheek. Both actions were signs that something was annoying her. I looked at her where she was looking and saw two girls sitting by the window, supposedly reading. I say "supposedly" because they had books in their hands but their eyes were on me.

"Even in rehab, one can find whores," Nikki snarled under her breath.

"Don't worry, Nikki, I only love you," I replied, kissing her forehead.

She smiled as she leaned her head on my shoulder, "Love you, too."

"Who do we have here," one of them asked as they walked towards us.

Val and Matt rolled their eyes, JImmy scoffed, and Zacky and Johnny shook their heads. Nikki was still chewing on the inside of her cheek but this time, her hand was playing with her necklace......the necklace I had given her.

"Haven't seen you around," the other replied.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, you stupid fake ass blonde cunt."

Behind them stood a girl, the same age as Nikki. She had violent red hair that was tied into a braid. Hazel eyes were narrowed. Slightly tanned skin and same figure as Nikki......

"Why should we listened to you, Harper," one sneered.

"Yeah. You should stay out of this you little-"

"Shut up before I personally shut it for you," Nikki snarled, standing up.

There was something in her eyes that scared than because they flinched. When they backed away and left, Nikki turned to the girl and smirked.

"Tash Harper."

Nikki's POV

I looked at Tash for the first time in a long time. I was shocked; she looked better than I expected but then again, she wasn't as bad as me. She hugged me, laughing, "Damn, you're still mean as Hell."

"Good to see you too, Tash," I replied, laughing as well.

"Who are they?"

I looked at the guys and Val, smiling. "Tash, this is my cousin, Jimmy, and my friends, Matt, Val his girlfriend, Jimmy, Johnny, Zacky, and my boyfriend, Brian," I said to pointing to each one, "Guys, this is my best friend, Natasha, but just call her 'Tash.'"

"Nikki, can I talk to you alone real quick," Tash muttered.

I nodded as we walked to the side. She instantly said, "Your cousin is cute."

I laughed. "I'll take your word for it."

"They look like good people."

"They are......especially Brian."

"He looks like that he cares a lot about you."

I smiled and glanced at him. He was looking at a piece of thread that was sticking out of his jacket and was picking at it. "He is.....he's the one that's be helping me a lot with my own addictions."

"You're so lucky," Tash sighed, "You got a good set of friends."

"Yeah but unlike you, I tasted death."

"What?"

"I'll tell you about it some other time," I replied.

She nodded and we walked back to the group. Jimmy looked at Tash and asked, "So what do you do here?"

Tash stared at the ground and I smirked. Brian looked at me, cocking his head. He leaned over and whispered, "Care to share?"

"Later," I whispered back.

We ended up walking around at the beach that was connected to the clinic. The guys and Val were telling Tash stories of me when I came to Huntington all the way to me now. I just sat on Brian's lap, doodling in the sand, partially listening to the coversation and partially just content with life.

"Tash was right," I muttered to myself.

"What was she right about," Brian whispered in my ear.

"I do have a great set of friends and you do care about me."

"That is true.....both parts. I love you, Nikki," he whispered, kissing my neck.

I smiled, "Love you too."

"Oi, love birds," Zacky yelled.

I rolled my eyes. "What?"

"Visiting hours are almost over," Tash said quietly.

I got up and lightly punched her shoulder. "Don't you worry about it. I'll visit you every chance I get 'cause I gots my license."

"Oh god, Nikki McCade on the road. That scares me," Tash's infamous sarcasm.

"Oh, thanks Tash."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, hey, check out my journals and click on "Need Advice." Its important if you do.