Running Wild in the Night

There's No Reality

Jimmy's POV

I came home to see my mom's car in the driveway. That must mean that she and Nikki are already back from her psychologist appointment. I opened the door and saw my mom sitting on the couch, looking stressed. "You okay, ma?"

"Yeah. Its just really hard watching your cousin just freak out at random times."

"So I take it the psychologist appointment didn't go to well," I asked.

"Not at all. She was calm the whole time but she really hated the person. Nikki wouldn't talk to her at all," mom said, rubbing her temples.

I frowned, "That's no good. Where is she now?"

"She's in her room, I think sleeping. If you want to go see her, just be quiet, alright Jimmy?"

I nodded as I headed up the stairs and to her room. Her door was opened, but barely. I could see her lying on her bed with her face buried in her pillow with an arm hanging off the side. I couldn't help but smile as I walked in and sat down on the end of her bed. Nikki actually looked normal. She didn't have that look on her fact that read "Leave me the fuck alone" or "Where's my heroin?” she looked like she was at peace. I miss the Nikki that was like my best friend.

"Jimmy?"

I looked at her face and noticed that she was looking at me. Her eyes clearly said that she was tired. I smiled, "Hey, Coley."

"When did you get home?"

"About five minutes ago. Mom said you didn't like the psychologist."

"He was a fucktart. He kept asking 'And how does that make you feel?' I hate that fucking question."

"Sorry, Coley. Hey, the guys and I have band practice here tonight so if you want to come downstairs later-"

"Maybe. I might want to just stay here."

"I miss your drawings," I said looking to the side at one of her old paintings.

It was one of the last ones she did. Actually, it was the last one she did. She never really finished it. It was one at the beach, sunset. The only thing she had done was the water after that was blank. "Why'd you keep that one," she asked.

"Because its amazing. Even if you never finish it, it still will be amazing. I love how the water looks so real," I answered.

"Whatever."

Brian's POV

After dinner, I headed towards Jimmy's house. When I pulled up into the driveway, I saw Nikki sitting on the roof and just staring at the sky. She looked lonely and depressed. "You okay up there," I called.

She looked down at me and nodded. "Yeah, just thinking."

Poor girl. I walked in and saw everyone in the living room. "Do you know that your cousin's on the roof," I asked Jimmy.

He looked up and nodded. "Yeah, Coley does that at times."

Johnny turned on the radio while we started setting up. It was all fine and dandy until we heard a scream. I looked at Jimmy who immediately ran up the stairs we followed him. "Nikki? Are you okay?"

"Stay the fuck away from me! I'm fucking shoot you!"

"Nikki! It's Jimmy!"

"LIAR! THERE ARE FUCKING PEOPLE HERE THAT I DON'T KNOW! I SWEAR I WILL FUCKING SHOOT!"

"What's going on," I whispered to Jimmy.

"Something must have triggered in her mind and Nikki has gone insane," answered his dad.

"Nikki, its okay. It's only the radio," Jimmy's mom yelled.

"LIAR! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"