Running Wild in the Night

Away From You

Still Nikki's POV

I sat in one of my classes, English Lit with Professor Wilkenson. He was talking about the various books we'd be reading and how the class works. I really wasn't paying attention; all I could think of was the fact that Brian's moving in today. I already have started classes a week ago so I've been living alone, well with Velkan, in my grandparents' place for that long and now Brian's moving in. I'm excited....I mean, I haven't seen him or anyone else in so long that I was beginning to despise being here.

Besides, I haven't spoken to anyone since I got here and that sounds a bit pathetic. I don't even talk to the neighbors.

Then again, I'm not a people person.

"So any questions," Wilk asked, walking over to his desk and grabbing something.

Silence filled the air as he began passing something out.

"Alright, so I'm passing out the list of books we're going to be reading and I suggest you go out and buy them."

Groans came but I just sat in my seat, not really paying attention. I had other things on my mind. Like what I felt like for dinner. The first night, I went through the phone book and figured out the best places to have food delievered for dinner. Chinese sounds good tonight.

Hm....I think I'll go with Chinese.

"Here," a guy whispered, handing me the list and interrupting my thinking process.

"Thanks," I muttered, taking one and passing it to the next person.

"I'm Dan," he said, holding out his hand.

"Nikki," I answered, shaking it.

"So you doing anything tonight, seeing as its Friday," he asked.

I rolled my eyes. I knew what he was thinking. Typical jock, thinking about the next time he might score. He's picked the wrong one to hit on.

Pity Brian's not here. I don't think he'd like this guy very much. Hell, I'm beginning to get annoyed by him. But if Brian was here, I'd think ol' Danny boy would probably be missing half his teeth.

He also has a name that's way to close to one of Morgan's dealer friends and that really bugged me.

"Brian, my boyfriend, is coming over," was my response.

"Oh, okay."

He didn't talk to me for the rest of class. And that made me smile.

As soon as classes were over, I immediately headed to the parking lot, making a beeline for my BMW.

Why the fuck do they call them "beelines" when bee's don't really go in a straight line?

Anyway, my keys were in the lock as soon as I got there so I turned it, unlocking the car. I instantly threw my bags into the back and got in, turning the ignition and driving off with Motley Crue blasting in the background. I made sure that Jimmy got his CD back before I left for Los Angeles. He'd be very upset if I left and took his CD.

I thought about some things as I headed back home. I had been thinking about visiting Tash next weekend. That would be fun.

It took ten minutes to get to my place. Something felt weird when I saw a car, pulled up by the sidewalk. I didn't even recognize that car. "Weird," I muttered, "If its a burgler, then I think Velken has it covered."

The front door was unlocked and now I was really worried. How the Hell did someone get into my house?

I walked into the kitchen and only one thing came out of my mouth.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Brian's POV


We all laughed as Nikki fell backwards onto the couch. I walked over and helped Nikki up, "Surprised?"

"Yeah, asshole," she said, getting a hold of her breathing, "That was not cool."

I smiled thinking of her just jumping backwards as soon as she saw us in her kitchen. I told her that I would be coming later tonight so I decided to come while she was at her class as a surprised. Oh she was surprised alright.

"Missed us," Jimmy asked, hugging her.

"No," she muttered.

"Aw," Zacky said, pretending to be hurt, "Nikki hates us."

"That's okay," Val said, giving Nikki a hug as well, "We missed her."

Nikki just rolled her eyes, "I'm going to order Chinese."

"So, how are classes," Matt asked as we sat around the family room, eating Chinese and watching Fight Club.

"Amusing," she replied, mixing the Lo Mein and the fried rice.

"Did you meet anyone," Johnny asked.

"This one guy but he stopped talking to me as soon as I mentioned Brian."

I smirked as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling Nikki closer to me. "That makes me feel special."

Nikki smirked as she rested her head against my shoulder. "Good for you."

The guys laughed the narrator started beating the shit out of Jared Leto's character, Angelface.

"Hey, whose car is that out by the front," Nikki asked.

"Oh, that's my new Yukon Denali," Zacky answered.

"That explains the fact that I didn't recognize it."

The guys all left and now it was just me and Nikki. She was sitting on a beanbag chair, reading a book while she tossed a tennis ball around the place for Velken to run after. I figured she was doing stuff for one of her classes but right now, I wasn't in the mood to sit and just watch her work. I sat next to her, kissing her forhead. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"You know what," I said, picking her up bridal style.

"What?"

"I don't like being away from you," I said, taking her to the bedroom.

Nikki laughed as she placed her hands on the collar of my shirt. "I don't like being away from you as well."

I definately like where this is going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best work but its an update......and I'm not going to say how I feel about it because people seem to disagree on it......*cough*crappy part*cough*

Check out the post, Need Advice People, on my journals. I need a bit of help and my readers can help with that part.