Running Wild in the Night

Finally, A Break

Still Brian's POV

"Nikki," I called as I walked around the house, "Where are you?"

"In the kitchen," Nikki's voice came from the kitchen.

"Is there coffee," I asked, laying on one of the couches in the family room.

I was dead tired. College was fun at first until the work load piles up, then you regret it. My lack of sleep was now catching up to me and I have decided to spend this Friday's night, laying on the couch and being lazy. So that's what I'm doing now: being a lazy ass on the couch.

"No, but I can make you some."

"Yes, please," I mumbled as I buried my face in the pillow

I honestly do not know how she does it. Nikki gets around three hours of sleep, or less, and still has energy to function. Its something I wonder every single day. How does she still have energy. I mean there are times I walk downstairs to get a glass of water at three in the morning, and there's Nikki, working away with like ten cups of coffee around her. Maybe that's her secret: coffee.

Or maybe's she's magical....no, that's stupid. I'll go with the coffee theory, it seems more realisitic.

Ten minutes passed and Nikki's now sitting next to me, place a cup of coffee on one of the coasters on the coffee table. She sighed as I felt her hand run through my hair, ruffling it. I knew that as one of her favorite things to do.

"Someone's tired," I head her whisper as she went to grab the remote.

"Yes, I am," I replied, sitting up so I could drink my coffee, "Too much work to be done."

She laughed as she rested her head against my shoulder. I placed my hand on her waist, pulling her closer to me. Nikki just sighed, remaining still and content with life.

I love this girl, she's too good to me.

"Why are you in such a good mood," I asked, noticing the faint smile on her face.

"Oh, good grade on a paper and I'm going down to San Diego this weekend to visit Tash."

"Hm....I'll head over to visit my parents this weekend," I muttered, sipping my coffee.

Nikki nodded as she turned on the TV. Interview with a Vampire was playing and we chose to watch that. Well, Nikki did, I had no energy to think at the moment.

Nikki's POV

"So how's college," Tash asked as she placed her head on the table, thinking.

I smirked as I watched her. We were playing a game of chess. It was raining outside and going to the beach didn't seem smart. Besides, Tash was having one of her days when she wanted to stay inside all day. I was fine with it....outside didn't seem fun.

So here we are: playing a game of chess. Its a fun game, to us at least, and we had nothing else to do.

"Fantastic," I replied, sarcastically, "I totally love all the work we have to do."

Tash laughed as she moved her knight, taking one of my pawns. Finally, she took almost five minutes debating on which piece to move. "Sounds fun. How's Brian?"

"He's good.....tired as well but he's fine," I replied, moving my queen, "Check."

She huffed and moved her bishop, placing it in front of her king and blocking out my queen. My eyes narrowed as I moved a rook, "Check again, Tash."

This time she moved her rook, taking out my rook. A soft growl escaped but I moved my knight, taking that rook. "Now I feel better," I replied as Tash scowled at me.

I looked at the rook I had taken from Tash and smirked, "What now, bitch?"

"Are you going back to Los Angeles afterwards," Tash asked she moved her knight.

"No, I'm going to Huntington. Visit my cousin and aunt and uncle," I replied, moving a pawn.

"Tell Jimmy I say hi."

"Will do, Tash."

I knew Tash had a little crush on Jimmy. Funny thing was that Jimmy had a little crush on Tash. Strange how that works but whatever. It was cute and I had a feeling that they'd be great together.

"So how's your painting," Tash replied, flicking down her king.

"Aw, already," I fake whined, knowing I won, "The painting is coming along."

She knew exactly what I was working on. That dreaded five-piece painting that's still in the works. I told her my ideas and its concept and Tash thought it would be amazing. She's been helping me with the random ideas I have as soon as I think of adding them to it. Besides, she's the only one who knows how its going to turn out....or how I have planned in my head.

That's why I love Tash Harper.....she's one of the few people whose advice I trust with my paintings. I'm a very paranoid person when it comes to my paintings.

"Nikki," Jimmy yelled as I walked into the house.

I laughed as he tackled me to the ground. I guess he missed me even though its been like two weeks but oh well. I gave my aunt and uncle a hug as soon as I was allowed to get up. I guess I was missed. Shocking.

"I guess I was missed," I laughed, giving my uncle a hug.

"Yes you were, Nikki, yes you were."

Val, Matt, Zacky, and Johnny all decided that we all need to hang out and go to dinner or something. Apparently, Brian and I were missed in the two weeks, well one for Brian, that we were gone. Jimmy, Brian, and I had no problem so we went with it.

"So you both are like an hour away," Val said as we hung out at the usual pizza place, Fargos.

"Yeah," Brian said, his mouth full of pizza.

I rolled my eyes as I poured myself more Mountain Dew. "Brian, that's disgusting," I said, shaking my head.

He just smiled, shrugging, as he got more pizza. I shook my head and stared at the surface of the table, still disgusted. The guys all laughed but Val was on my side. She agreed that a mouth full of food and talking is nasty.

"Matt, don't you dare do that," Val warned as Matt was about ready to stuff the pizza in his mouth.

He scowled, cursing under his breath. "I never get to have fun," he mumbled.

We all laughed. Zacky got another slice of pizza and asked, "So how's college for the two of you."

"Stressful," both Brian and I answered at the same time.

"Seriously," Johnny asked, "I would have thought Nikki would be fine in college."

"I get three hours of sleep."

"What? Brian keeping you up with all the sex at night," Matt asked, joking.

Jimmy slapped his forehead and closed his eyes, "I don't want to think of my cousin and best friend having sex."

I frowned as I threw my fork at Matt, "Homework, dumbass."

Matt scowled at me as the fork hit him in the arm, "What? Is it Pick on Matt Day or something?"

"We should make that a holiday," Johnny suggested.

That just earned him a slap upside the head and a round of laughter from all of us.

Oh how I missed these guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another crappy part....I didn't mean that! I meant filler. Read the journals people to hear the news about the sequal to this story!