Running Wild in the Night

A Kiss You Can't Forget

Still Nikki's POV

"Nicole Storm McCade," Tash yelled as I walked into the rehab center.

I laughed as I yelled her full name back, "Natasha Marie Harper!"

She instantly hugged me as soon as I was in reach. Since school started, I haven't been able to see Tash. Its been bugging me but I knew Tash understood that I was back in school and she was fine with it. I just knew that she wasn't happy with being bored and lonely in the rehab center all the time.

Well, at least I'm here now.

"Its been two fucking weeks, Nix," she yelled, using her special nickname for me, "TWO weeks! I have been so lonely and bored without my best friend visiting me!"

"I'm sorry, Tash. Its not my fault that my classes demand me to do my work immediately!"

She laughed as we went outside, to the beach. Apparently, Tash has been doing great and might be able to go home by the end of the year, which was awesome. Her mom, Kelly Harper, had found me as well and decided that I was a good influence on her daughter. She knew my past as well but was relieved of my life now. She saw me as someone Tash wanted to be like. A former heroin addict now living and clean and sober life. Kelly just hoped that Tash could have the same thing that I did: happiness. I knew she would be able to be happy like I am.

"So how are your five-piece paintings coming along," Tash asked as we sat down on the sand.

"Fantasmic," I said, rolling my eyes, "Three are done. Val's is done. Now we have the last two left and I'm dreading them."

Tash shook her head, smiling. She knew how I was with my paintings. Hell, I do go to her for advice on them. "They'll be fine, Nikki. Your paintings always come out amazing."

I sighed, yawning afterwards. I really do need to catch up on some sleep. "I hope so."

After a couple hours in San Diego and driving back, I was back in Los Angeles. As much as I didn't want to do any work, I knew that I had to get stuff done or I'd regret it. Brian was still in Huntington so I took some time to work on my paintings: the last two in that dreaded five-piece painting. I really didn't mind it; I just was annoyed with making sure that the next painting matches with the first painting in color and shadowing. That took me a lot of time, debating, which I hated.

I was mixing paints with Motley Crue blasting throughout the house. Velken was curled up on the couch, watching me, as he chewed on one of his many chew toys. I swear every time I go to Petco or Pets Mart, I end up buying him a chew toy. Velken goes through chewtoys faster than I go through churros and that's pretty damn fast, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I was comparing paints, debating if it matched the finished painting's background color. My hand, subconsciously, went to my necklace, my fingers playing with the emerald pendant. I loved it and it made it even more special knowing that Brian was the one who got it.

He has no idea what he does to me.....................and I love it.

Brian's POV

"Okay, I'm heading back to LA," I said, walking out the front door of my parents' house.

"No, Brian," McKenna yelled, running to me, "I don't want you to leave."

I laughed as I picked her up, spinning her around. I knew she didn't want me to go just yet. I didn't want to go just yet but I knew I had to. Fucking school was calling me and I knew Nikki was already in LA. "Don't worry. I'll be back before you know it, alright?"

"Fine," she mumbled,clinging onto hugging me.

My dad and Suzy laughed as McKenna attempted to hide in my car. "Your sister really misses you and Nikki," my dad said, getting my little sister out of the car.

McKenna was not happy when he did that.

"Aw, well at least Nikki visited," I said.

"Yeah but only for a day," Mckenna whined, pouting.

"You know that she wanted to visit Tash as well," I said, ruffling her hair.

After all the hugs, and noogies for Brent, I got into my car and headed for Los Angeles. It was six when I got to the house and I saw Nikki's BMW on the driveway, indicating that she was home. She always got home before me. I walked into the house and saw a glimpse of Nikki, sitting in the family room painting. Well, actually now, throwing the covers on whatever she was painting.

She's now become extremely paranoid about letting anyone see what she's painting. As soon as Nikki realizes I'm back, she instantly covers whatever she's painting and hides it. I tried getting a peak one time but soon realized that Velken, her now full grown rotweiller was there guarding them from anyone, including me. No was allowed to know what she was painting. And that drove me insane with curiousity and the desire to know what she was painting.

"Hey," I called, walking into the family room.

"Hey back," Nikki said, putting her painting in her study and walking back towards me.

"So when am I allowed to see this painting of yours," I asked, wrapping my arms around her and holding her close to my body.

"Sometime in the future," Nikki replied, kissing my cheek, "So what do you want to do? You want dinner?"

"No, I had some at my parents' house? You," I asked, looking down at her.

"I ate already," She said, her eyes glancing at the diswasher that was running, "I also fed Velken so he should be a happy camper tonight."

"So how about we go to our room and just spend the rest of our night there," I suggested, also hinting something else.

Nikki rolled her eyes, knowing what I meant. I laughed when I saw that but just kissed her. I love this girl. My hands moved to her thighs, wrapping them around my waist so that I was now carrying Nikki.

We were still kissing as we got to our room, her fingers now tangled in my hair. I placed Nikki on the bed, breaking the kiss but still remaining close to her. She sighed as she whispered, "Now that was a kiss I won't forget."

"Good," I said, taking her lips again.

My hands found the end of her shirt and took them off. She laughed when I started placing kisses on her slim stomach. "Damn you, Brian," Nikki laughed.

I smiled as I looked up at her, "Aw you love me anyway, Nikki."

"That I do, Brian, that I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another part another....I won't say.

So the sequal to Running Wild is coming sooner than I thought but please take a look at my journals if you haven't.