Running Wild in the Night

Epilogue

Third Person's POV

A year had passed. A knock came on a door and an elderly man answered it. He was around his sixties or late fifties. The bald head, infamous sunglasses, and the cigerette in his mouth were his trademark. Hunter S. Thompson opened the door, revealing Cody McCade.

"Cody," Hunter explained, shocked to see his old friend, "What are you doing all the way out here in Woody Creek."

"I need a favor, Hunter," Cody replied.

"What is it."

"Is it okay that I leave my granddaughter and her child in your care?"

"Nicole? Of course but she has a child," Hunter asked, shocked.

"Yes," Cody replied, "She already has been accepted into a college her. She transfered here but I need to have her with someone I trust."

Hunter nodded as Cody signaled for Nikki to come. "Nikki, this is Hunter. He's one of my friends. He used to be around when you were younger."

Nikki just looked at him but looked back down at the small bundle in her arms.

"I'll take care of her, Cody. I'll treat her like a daughter. And her child."

Cody nodded as he looked at Nikki. "Take care. You and your child."

Nikki nodded as she followed Hunter into his house. The sun caught the surface of something green. The necklace that Brian had given her was now around the neck of Nikki's daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided against the preview. Sorry.

Oh the name of the sequal is Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You. Look for it