Status: Active :] <333

That's Just The Price I Pay

My Friends Are A Different Breed.

I walked out of the school, stretching and breathing in the fresh spring air. The last few classes I had that day seemed to fly by, and I couldn't wait to just chill out. I had gotten a text from Rian to see if we all wanted to meet up at his house a little after school, and I said I'd be there after stopping by my house for a little bit. I assumed Alex and Jack were probably going to head straight there, so I figured I'd go home; drop off my school stuff, and head right over to Rian's for a good while.

I quickly made my way to my car and pulled out, hoping to beat the buses so I didn't get stuck in traffic. I was lucky today, and hurried out of the school lot to get home. While checking my rearview I could see the other cars full of students and teachers lined up at the stoplight, all eager to get home and relax for the weekend. I tried looking for the cars that belonged to my friends, but couldn't really tell from where I was. Once the light turned green though, I stepped on the gas and made my way home.

After dropping my stuff off in my room and telling my parents I was going to be at Rian's, I headed back out to my car and backed out of my driveway to head out. Rian's house was about a good ten or fifteen minute drive from my house, so I put in one of my CDs instead of just playing the radio. I took note of the bass I could hear and feel. Maybe I'd try to figure out how to play this song next, it didn't seem so bad. I just had to remember which one it was.

"Hey, Zack's here." Alex grinned up at me from the couch when I entered Rian's basement. I smiled and took a seat right next to him.

"Hey, where are Jack and Rian?"

"Getting food and drink, or at least that's what they told me." He shrugged and I nodded.

Almost as soon as we mentioned them, they entered the room with a bowl of chips and several cans of soda. Rian sat the bowl on the table and took a seat in the old, beat up recliner next to the couch. Jack took a handful of chips, a soda and squeezed between me and the end of the couch. I moved over to give him a good amount of space, but he just waved to say he was fine.

"So are we going to practice today, or is this just a 'let's all meet at Rian's because we don't have anything to do on a Friday'?" Alex said, looking up from his phone with a crooked smile in place.

Rian laughed, "It can be both, a 'let's meet at Rian's to practice because we don't have anything to do on a Friday.'”

“Too bad we don’t really have anything to actually practice.” I pointed out. Rian froze, and then shrugged it off.

“Really, there is nothing that any of us have planned for the weekend? We usually find something to do.” Alex said.

“All the chicks in town are getting ready for the spring formal. I know that Lily said something about it in health, and then I heard Kim say she was going to look around for something to wear next weekend with a friend. It’s still a couple weeks away, I don’t know why a big deal’s being made out of it already.” Jack finished by taking a sip of soda.

I turned towards Jack slightly, “Wait, when was anything ever mentioned?”

“While we were procrastinating, and you were zoning out I’m pretty sure. But the thing is why make a big deal out of this if prom is coming up in a few months?”

Alex shook his head; “It’s just a way for the school and stores to make some extra money. But I’m pretty sure I know who I’ll be asking, and maybe she’ll stick around for prom later on too.” He smiled, letting us know that he definitely had his eye on someone, and that he probably wasn’t going to tell us who yet, just because he liked to keep things a surprise.

“I’m pretty much set too, but those things are still way off.” It was obvious that Rian was talking about taking his girlfriend, and that left Jack and I as ones without a clue as to whom we were taking. But, the thing about Jack is he could easily find someone, even if it were last minute. I’m sure he wouldn’t be going alone. In reality, that left me. I didn’t plan on going to the formal, and I didn’t think the guys would either. I figured I was just going to hang out with them that night, but maybe they changed their mind since it would be our last one. I could go alone, that wasn’t a big deal. But prom was a bit of a bigger deal. I didn’t want to take just any girl to these events, but after Lily who was there?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been on hiatus. I apologize! I know this story is liked the most, and I really love Zack to death <3
school's killin' me as usual, but I'll try holding up. I felt so bad for being away for so long, but I' m on a mibba kick.
Read, subscribe, comment?
Please? At least comment :/