Status: in progress (:

Six Feet Under the Stars

Zoey

She had been watching the young couple for some time now, up a few blocks all the way down to here, just outside a bar. It was fairly quiet outside, the moonlight shining in the street. Ryder stood behind him but unlike his friend he was completely uninterested in the task at hand, instead puffing away at his cigarette. Although they probably appeared close to the same age he was quite a bit older than her and the thrill of the hunt had worn down a bit for him, especially when they were simply picking humans off the streets. What was the fun in that? He usually fed from women-- it wasn't hard to get them to come along with him. Sucking on one of his snakebites, he peered at the girl. "Are you fucking ready yet? Jesus christ you take forever."

The look she shot him was pure venom as she ran a hand through her hair. "Yes. The guy is mine. You can take his little girlfriend." She waved a hand and peeked around the corner as their targets sauntered up the street. "Hot damn he's sexy. I want him." She turned to look at Ryder, lower lip thrust out in a bit of a pout. "I want to keep him, Ryderrr." She whined, timing their approach. She wanted him-- wanted him to be hers. The first thought running through her head was to keep him as a human pet. Lots of vampires did that, but eventually human pets died, and they were a lot more fragile than their counterparts. She could always change him. Ryder had shown her how to make a fledgling. He was experienced in baby vampires although she wasn't at all-- she wanted to learn, though. She wanted him.

Ryder rolled his eyes. "Fledglings are work and responsibility, Zoey. If you want to, then he's gonna be your issue and not mine. I'll take the girl. Maybe I can teach you a bit-- and maybe having a fledgling will teach you a thing or two."

Zoey had already stopped paying attention to him. Stubborn as she had been in her mortal life, once she made up her mind about something she got it. Always. If she wanted him all to herself, then she would have him all to herself. She could handle a fledgling, what made him think that she couldn't handle a fledgling? He was always underestimating her, telling her she would get in over her head and she didn't know what she was doing, but she totally did! She was just fine, would be just fine on her own without Ryder's guidance.

She glanced back at him only to stick her tongue out at him before she started out of the alleyway in the direction of the two. She was fucking starving anyways. The thirst was under control now and had been for a couple of decades, but it still nagged at her once in a while when she hadn't fed for a very long time. She fixed Ryder her biggest grin as she flounced up the street. The others hadn't seemed to take much notice of her yet-- good. She didn't feel like sweet talking anyone, she just wanted to sink her fangs into his flesh. He smelled delicious even from here as she crept up behind him, silent. Ryder sauntered along beside her unconcerned, glancing over at the girl.

His voice rang out first, layered in seduction and all that special vampy powers he was always using on mortals. When they said vampires were convincing, they didn't really know the truth-- it was a lot deeper than that, a sort of sweet seduction. Humans were powerless against it. "Are you lost?" Ryder questioned, hands shoved to his pockets. The two turned around and Zoey fixed them with her sweetest smile, batting her eyelashes as Ryder layered on the glamor. "Come with us. We know a shortcut." Short and concise worked best when giving orders to mortals, it sank into their subconscious better. The two humans followed him right back into the alley-- Ryder was always good at this kind of thing. She wasn't as good at glamoring but he always managed to get the mortals to do what he wanted them to.

She didn't wait for any further explanation from him, merely waited until they were far enough into the dark, dank alley before her hand slithered over the male mortal's mouth and she sank her fangs into his artery, muffling his help. She heard the girl give a short, high pitched squeal as well and then there was nothing but the sounds of Ryder sucking and her own feeding sounds. She drank and drank until he was nearly drained of blood and then scored her own wrist with her fangs, holding it to his lips until he started to drink it deeply. Smirk trailing across her features, she stroked his hair, smiling. "Good boy. I know it's going to hurt you, but it'll be all worth it in the end." She murmured, sitting until he had drank all he needed and fallen limp in her arms. She turned to see Ryder holding the small blond in his arms, nodding at her.

Hefting his bundle, he watched as Zoey wiped her mouth. "Come on, lets get these two home. It'll be easier for them there when they wake up."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh em gee. new story. yay c: Just setting up for all the action