Status: in progress (:

Six Feet Under the Stars

Ryder

He had told Zoey five fucking times to give them some space, back off a little bit and let them figure out what the hell was going on before she went in there, but had she listened? Nope. Not that she was real big on listening. Sometimes it was almost amusing to watch her stubbornly go do what she thought was a good idea only to have it blow up in her face. Sometimes he was the same-- he knew that he could be stubborn too, and he couldn't count how many times he'd gotten into shit because he'd jumped in without really thinking. If there was something he knew a bit about though, it was fledglings. He could have told her they probably wouldn't be too happy, but no. She didn't listen, and he didn't step in when the guy was all up in her face, finger poking in her chest. She could take him if she wanted to, he'd seen her in action. The guy may be big, but he was just a baby vampire.

"Zoey, come on." He said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the door frame. His eyes flicked to the girl that was his creation-- she didn't seem nearly as aggressive as the other one, and he almost laughed a bit, but instead he reached out to grab the back of Zoey's shirt. "C'mon.Give him some time before you do something you're gonna wish that you hadn't." he said, tugging her back a few steps rather forcefully. He could already see it on her face and in her body that she wanted to give the kid a whack, but chances are she'd either hurt him or end up starting a fight-- either way, probably something that she would have regretted right after she did it.

She huffed and he could practically feel big, angry waves rolling off of her as she crossed her arms, giving the guy one of the dirtiest looks he'd ever seen her give anyone. "C'mon Zo. let's go downstairs and let them have a minute to figure shit out." He nodded, shutting the door behind him. "You can put those away, too." He gestured to her fangs as he walked down the stairs, glancing over his shoulder to make sure that she was following. The girl was positively fuming, arms crossed and looking angrier than he had seen her in a long, long time. He paused and waited for her to catch up, tossing an arm over her shoulder as he guided her downstairs, into one of the big TV rooms.

Yeah, as far as vampires went, he wasn't anywhere near 'old', but he had a few centuries of experience under his belt and that was a lot more than his young companion. "Zo, just give them some space. Let them come to us, they just need a second to figure it out." Glancing at her, he laughed at her expression, lip shoved out as far as it could go. "Would some tequila make you feel better?" He ruffled her hair and dug around in the videos until he found a horror movie suitable to keep her occupied, bringing in a bottle of tequila as well. Vampires not being able to drink anything but blood was a myth. They couldn't eat whole foods, but they could drink liquids as long as they had fed fairly recently.

He sat on the couch and stretched out, watching as she laid her head down on his lap. "This wasn't how it was supposed to go. He's over reacting. You should have let me smack him." she sulked, ignoring him stroking her hair.

Chuckling, he looked down at her. "You probably would have hurt him. and you know you would have regretted it later. Don't worry about it so much, give them some time to figure out what the fuck's going on."

She frowned at him and looked away. "Whatever. I guess we'll wait and see."
♠ ♠ ♠
Moar action soon, I promise.