Status: Active :)

Goodbye

This is where it begins.

Me and my mom just came home from the hospital. Her face was covered in tears and mascara. I don't understand why I don't feel the same way. I feel like nothing. Not sad, not happy.

"What happened?" my older brother Joshua asked. But I just ignored him. I sat down, looking at my converses. Josh came over to me. "What happened?" he repeated.

"I.. I'm dying." There. I said it.

"What?"

"I'm dying in less than 6 months."

Josh's face came down a bit. He looked at mom and ran over to her.

What am I supposed to do?

Cancer always ran in the family. Well, from my mom's ex-boyfriend's side. And I, apparently, was the one who caught it. But he left us while I was only 3 months. My mom told me that he just wasn't able to take care of a baby, so he just left.

My mom was able to take care of Joshua though. She had him with some other guy, but she left him by the time Josh was 3. A year later, she got with a guy named Tim and that's when I came in. Mom would always take care of me, or so I've heard. Tim probably got tired of her blowing off on the plans they made together that he decided to just leave.

After that, mom has been pretty miserable. When I was 6, Josh would take care of me. He was a pretty smart kid. He knew how to cook some things and they were really good and edible.

"It's okay, mom," Josh tried to comfort mom.

"No, it's not. My only daughter is going to die. How can I be okay?!" she sobbed.

What was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
That was a horrible cliff hanger.
But the next chapter will be better. ^__^