Status: Active :)

Goodbye

01

"Hello?" someone answered my phone call.

"Hi, is this Evelyn?"

"You guessed it! What's up, Avs?"

I always hated that nickname. I clearly told her a million times to call me by my real name, which was Avery, and not Avs. I'd usually lecture her about it. But I was gonna let this one time pass.

"Um, Eve. I have something to tell you..." But how was I going to say it? I couldn't just go Hey, Evelyn, I'm dying in 6th months and I don't know what to do with my life. now can I?

"Shoot."

"Don't freak out."

"Why would I freak out?"

"Well, I went to the hospital yesterday and they told me I'm going to..." C'mon, Avery! DIE, DIE!! You can say it!

"Going to?"

"I'm going to die of cancer in a few months." There. I said it. Is she happy now?

"What?"

"Yeah, I'm dying in 6th months."

"But — but, you can't..." I heard her voice start to crack.

"Evelyn?"

"Yeah?"

"This is only between you and me, okay?"

"Kay."

Evelyn Garcia. She was my best friend. I had a few others though, but we don't usually hang out and stuff. We only talk in school. We've been friends for 6 years. We promised we'd be there for each other forever, but forever is almost over....

"Avery! Come down!" I heard Joshua's voice.

"Hey, Eve? I have to go. I'll see you in school tomorrow," I said quickly.

"Okay." We hung up. I felt a bit of sadness coming through me when we did. I couldn't stand to hear my best friend cry.

I ran downstairs and saw Kelsey there. She was smiling, and she brought a box of chocolate for me. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said, as she came closer to give me a hug. Kelsey was Josh's girlfriend. I loved her a lot, and I can actually see why Josh chose her to be his girlfriend. She brought small presents for me every time she came. She'd always greet me with a hug. I always thought of her as my sister, like how I do with Evelyn.

"Kelsey came over to take you out," Josh said.

"Aw, but you don't have to," I said.

"No, but I want to. It's your last few months and I'm going to help make the best of it!" her sweet voice said. I was able to crack a smile. That kind of cheered me up, after hearing Evelyn sob. I tried not to think about that, but to think about what me and Kelsey were going to do.

"Joshy's coming with us." she said happily.

I couldn't help but giggle a bit. I mean, seriously, Joshy? That was the funniest thing I've ever heard since. "Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want. But it's not half as funny as Avs."

I let out a fake gasp. "Where did you hear about that?"

"I listen to your calls," he winked.

"Stalker!" I glared at him.

" Avs" he said in a teasing kind of voice.

"Well, we better get going now," Kelsey rushed as she put on her coat.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Shopping," Kelsey answered.

My mom would never take me out shopping. So this was kind of like an adventure. I wondered what kind of stores we'd visit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yesh... I decided to add myself to the story. xP
Oh well. Enjoy! =)