Status: FINISHED! (: Go subscribe to the sequel!

I Must Be Dreaming

Diez+Cuatro.

I turned around to see Nick and Halvo standing in the doorway, smirking at me. “I have no idea what you two are talking about.” I laughed before turning around and pouring the sauce over the spaghetti as Garrett pulled the bread from the oven.

“Oh Nick, he’ll never love me like I love him. He’s perfect, and I’m just some girl who’s his best friend’s sister.” Nick mimicked me as he made his way over to me, causing Halvo and Garrett to laugh.

“Nicholas Santino, I swear I will punch you.” I threatened as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. “Now I’ll explain everything to you, after everybody gets dinner. Deal?” I asked as he made his way to the living room.

“Deal my lovely Dakota!” He yelled before walking into the living room. “DUDE! What the hell happened to your face?” Nick yelled as soon as he walked into the living room.

I laughed slightly as I set everything up for dinner. Garrett handed me the plates as I started dishing everything out. The guys all made their way into the kitchen and grabbed the plates I handed them. Kennedy came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist causing John to groan. “Are you really going to start this now? Just because you’re dating doesn’t mean you can be all over each other!” He yelled causing Kennedy to unwrap one arm from around me to flip him off.

“I was going to say how happy I am now that we’re together, but John obviously ruined that moment.” Kennedy muttered before kissing my cheek and stepping away from me.

“Like you ruined his face?” I joked causing John to send a glare my way.

“Alright, alright, can you all shut the hell up and eat so Dakota can tell me everything I’ve missed?” Nick yelled causing everyone to shut up, and find places at the table to sit down and eat.

I laughed slightly before sitting next to Kennedy and Halvo at the table. “Well it all started a few nights ago…” I started before telling Nick everything that had happened in the span of a week.

After I finished Nick and Halvo sat there staring at me. “It honestly took you two long enough. I knew when you and I were dating Dakota that you weren’t in love with me. Your heart has always belonged to Kennedy, and I’m pretty sure it always will.” Nick said sending a smile towards Kennedy and me. “You have a special girl there Brock, don’t fuck it up.”

“I don’t plan on it.” Kennedy smiled at me and I felt butterflies attack my stomach.

The guys sat at the table talking and laughing while I stood up and made my way into the kitchen to clean up.

“Who’s ready for movies?” I asked leaning against the counter. Everyone raised their hands, and made their way into the living room. Kennedy came up next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I can’t tell you how happy I am that you’re mine.” He mumbled into my hair as he kissed my forehead.

“Since when have you been such a romantic?” I asked smiling up at him.

“Ever since you told me you loved me.”

I laughed and tugged Kennedy by his hand into the living room. There was one spot left on the couch and I pulled Kennedy over there, and waited for him to sit down. I cuddled up into his side as Jared turned the lights off, and John put a movie in.

“Go on a walk with me?” Kennedy muttered into my ear halfway through the movie.

“Sure.” I mumbled back. Kennedy and I stood up and announced we were leaving.

Kennedy and I made our way past our friends to the front door, and into the darkness of the night.

It was a warm night even for Arizona with dark clouds overhead, and Kennedy walked beside me in silence for a few minutes, our hands swinging between us. He kept shooting me smiles and I had a permanent blush on my cheeks.

“You know, I don’t think I’ve ever been happier Dakota,” Kennedy whispered pulling me closer to him, as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.
We both stopped walking as a crack of thunder sounded over our heads. We both looked up as rain started to fall, hitting us in the face. Kennedy looked over at me before smiling and taking off running.

“Kennedy!” I yelled chasing after him, laughter falling from my lips.

“Hurry up babe!” He yelled back, running faster.

The rain picked up, and thunder sounded once more before a flash of lightening brightened up the dark sky. Arizona storms were always my favorite, and I knew they were Kennedy’s too. We ran in the rain for a good ten minutes before we ended up in the park by Dylan’s house where I first realized my feelings for Kennedy.

I stopped running once I got to the park, and I slowly made my way over to Kennedy. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders in a hug, and I snaked my arms around his waist, burying my face in his chest.

We stood there a few minutes, our chest rising and falling quickly as we tried to catch our breath. The rain was pounding our already soaked bodies, and the lightening was becoming more and more frequent.

Kennedy stepped away from me slightly only to place one hand on my cheek. He rested his forehead against mine, and stared into my eyes.

“I’m in love with you Dakota. I’ve been in love with you since we got in that food fight at your birthday party a few years ago. You’re the only girl I can ever see myself marrying when I’m older.” He sent me a crooked smile, and I could feel my lips curving up to match his.

“I love you too Kennedy.” I mumbled before he kissed me.
Standing there in the middle of a storm, the rain soaking through my clothes and the lightening flashing above, I knew I had never spoken a truer word in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT BEFORE THE STORY IS OVER! There's gonna be a sequel though (:

Tell me what you think!