Live Through This Lie

Handle My Own

Jayden's P.O.V.

"Nice place." I said, checking out Zacky's apartment.

"Yeah, the guys should be here soon."

"Does this place have a guestroom?"

Zacky looked over at me and raised an eyebrow.

"What? I need a place to crash." I shrugged. "Besides, the closer I am to you, the closer I am to Brian."

"I could always drop you off at the closest shelter." He leaned against the wall and smirked.

"I'd kick your ass."

"I'm sure you'd try. You can stay, the guestroom's down the hall to the right."

"Thanks." I said, dropping down onto the couch and turning on the TV.

Johnny and Jimmy showed up together a couple of minutes later. We sat catching up while we waited for Matt to show up. Fifteen minutes later there was a banging on the door. Zacky walked over and let Matt in.

"I just walked away from a chance at sex with Val so you fuckers better make this quick."

"Oh my God. No sex!!" I mocked him.

"Me, turn down sex? That's suspicious behavior. She could get curious." He joked.

"Tell her you're questioning your sexuality. Or you just couldn't get it up." Matt gave me the finger and moved over to join Jimmy on the couch.

"So what have I missed?"

"Well it turns out that little Jay, who's not so little anymore, is running with the big leagues
now." Jimmy said.

"I can handle my own." I shrugged, deciding not to tell them everything I had been up to while they were gone.

"The question is can you handle Brian?" Zacky asked.

"It's not that fucking complicated. I've turned people before." I spoke before thinking.

"Really who?" Johnny asked.

"Don't worry about it. The point is I can turn Brian."

"The problem isn't turning him. It's getting him to agree to it." Matt said.

"I don't need him to agree."

"Whoa wait a minute. We're trying to get him to help us not fucking piss him off. You turn him without letting him know then the minute he fucking wakes up we're all dead."

"That's you're problem. I'll be gone by then." I smirked.

"This isn't a game Jay. Matt's right. Brian's gonna be a powerful vampire. If he gets angry enough he could kill us without meaning to. And chances are he's gonna be pretty fucking pissed." Jimmy jumped in.

"He won't be that powerful. All you have to do is subdue him and convince him to help us. You've know the guy for years; you should be able to do that. If push comes to shove, lie. Weave yourself a fucking web of lies, just get him to accept it."

"She's right." Zacky said. "It's the best plan we've got right now so I say we go with it."

"Great. Can I go now?" Matt asked, standing up and grabbing his jacket.

"I'm going to bed." I said to Zacky.

"Wait. She's staying here???" Jimmy said. "Fuck Zacky, I called dibs."

"I'm not fucking either of you so get over it." I hit Jimmy as I walked by.

I could hear the guys talking as I wandered down the hall, looking for the guestroom. I opened a couple of doors before I found a room with only a bed and a dresser in it.

'Zacky really knows how to make a place look homey.'

I kicked off my boots and fell onto the bed. I lay there thinking about Brian until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Zacky's voice in my head.

Wake up Jay. It's already afternoon.

"What the fuck are you doing." I mumbled as I rolled over in the bed.

"Waking you up." Zacky said, standing over me.

"And you couldn't just say that out loud?"

"I wanted to test your mind strength. I can still get in your head." Zacky smirked.

"Yeah, when I'm unconscious." I pointed out as I stood up and stretched. "Try it now jackass."

I laughed as I watched Zacky concentrate on trying to probe my mind. He gave up after a couple of moments.

"So what are you gonna do about clothes?" Zacky asked. "I'm guessing that's another thing you didn't think about before you came here."

"You're right. Can you take me shopping?"

"Nope. Hanging out with the guys today. I'll call Val and ask her to show you around and shit. You can borrow some of my clothes until then."

I nodded and headed to the bathroom. In about a hour I had taken a shower and brushed my teeth. I went to Zacky's room and found that he wasn't there. There was a note stuck to the door that had hisawful handwriting on it.

Went to Matt's place. Val will be over in a couple of hours to take you shopping. Money and spare key is on the dresser, borrow clothes from the closet.

I tossed the note on the bed and walked over to the closet. After a long search for clothes that would fit, I ended up in a pair of dark, baggy jeans and an old wifebeater. I went back to my room and threw on my boots from last night. When I was done I looked over at the clock on the wall.

'Val should be here in about 20 minutes.'

I went back to the bathroom and pulled out Zacky's eyeliner. When I was done with that I walked over to the kitchen to see what there was to eat. I went through the refrigerator and all the cupboards but still couldn't find anything to satisfy my hunger.

'Maybe because you're not hungry for just food.'

I pushed the thought away when I heard the bell ring. I walked over and let Val into the apartment.

'Now she looks like she could satisfy my hunger.' I thought as I stared at Val's throat. Unlike other vampires, I wasn't bias when it came to feeding. I feed off of both male and female. Doesn't matter to me, food is food.

"You ready to go?" Val asked, breaking my train of thought.

"Sure." I said, grabbing the money and key that Zacky had left for me.

"Ugh. I can't take it anymore." I moaned, dropping my many shopping bags and sitting down on one of the mall benches. "No more shopping."

"I'm surprised we even lasted this long." Val said, sitting down beside me.

"I think I've got everything I need and then some. Let's go home."

"I've got a better idea. Let's go find something to eat." She said standing up again and grabbing some bags.

"How far is the food court?"

"It's right there." Val laughed.

I turned around and was surprised to see that she wasn't lying.

"Oh." I laughed, picking up my bags.

We got pizza slices and went to sit down. I looked down at my pizza and realized that it wouldn't really satisfy me. I hadn't fed in a while. After getting to know her, the urge to bite Val was gone. She was a lot cooler then I expected, and now I understood why Matt was with her. At first I thought he was wasting his time but now I think she's the only thing keeping him sane.

'Eh, biting her is not worth dealing with Matt either.'

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I told Val.

When I reached the bathroom I was happy to find that there was only one girl in there. In less then ten seconds I had her against the wall, with my fangs buried in her neck. When I was done I dropped her and backed away.

You're feeling really dizzy and out of it right now. You've been sick all day and you just
passed out.


In a couple of seconds the women on the floor started waking up.

"Excuse me, do you need help?" I asked, feigning concern.

"No. I've just been a little sick. I'll be fine." She said, standing up.

"Okay." I walked out the bathroom and back to the food court.

"What took so long?" Val asked as I sat back down.

"Long line." I lied, picking up my pizza.

Twenty minutes later, we were done and climbing into the car.

"Hey why don't we just go to Matt's place?" I asked. "Zacky said he'd be there with the guys anyways so he can take me home from there."

"Sure." Val said, starting the car and driving to Matt's place.