Live Through This Lie

Little Girl All Over Again

"She better not be hurt!!" Zacky came running out of Matt's house, towards Brian and I.

"Zacky, I'm fine. I can take care of myself." I said, rolling my eyes despite the fact that I was touched that he even cared.

"Not you. My car. Heaven only knows what the fuck you two freaks were doing in there."

There goes that idea about him caring

"Having hot, kinky sex of course. Ignore the any stains. I'll try and clean those." I smirked when Zacky's already pale face turned even lighter.

"She's kidding man." Brian said, walking past us and into the house.

"So what'd you really do?" Zacky asked, turning to face me again.

"Talked."

"As of when do you get to know your victims?"

"When I have to seduce them into bed with me." I said turning to head back into the house before Zacky grabbed my arm.

"Come on, I was on my way home anyways." Zacky climbed into his car.

"Hold on a sec. I'll be right back."

"Whatever. I'll be here checking for stains." I rolled my eyes and went inside.

I walked into the living room and waved goodbye to everyone though Matt and Val were to occupied with each other to notice. I looked over at Brian and smirked before walking back towards the door. I had my hand on the knob when a I felt a muscular body press up against my back, rough hands ran up and down my arms.

"You busy tomorrow night?" Brian whispered into my ear.

"That depends."

"On what?"

"On where you wanna take me." I said, spinning around to face him.

"It doesn't matter where I take you because you'll be with me and we both know that's what you want." Brian smirked.

"Well, aren't you a cocky bastard. Sorry but I don't go to strange places with people I've just met."

"How about a nice Italian restaurant with a sexy male who's pants you desperately want to get in?"

"Hmm. Who can resist an offer like that?"

"Be ready at seven tomorrow."

"Just make sure this supposed sexy man knows what he's getting himself into." I leaned closer to him, rubbing my hands up and down his chest. "I've been told I could be a handful." I turned around and bounded out the door, towards Zacky's car. I hopped in and shut the door behind me.

"That was a long goodbye." Zacky said as he started the car.

"Yeah, I had to talk to Brian."

"Stopped calling him the victim then?"

"Don't read to much into it." I turned to look out the window.

"Look Jay I've been meaning to talk to you about this whole thing. It's a lot more serious then you seem to think."

"Zack I know what I'm doing."

"I doubt it. You come here without any kind of plan. Then decide you'd seduce, bite and leave. That wasn't the plan when we started this job."

"Yeah well plans tend to change." I faced Zacky.

"Look Brian is very important to us. This whole situation is much deeper then you know."

"Why the fuck do you think I don't know what's going on?!" I raised my voice. "I'm not the same little girl I was when you all ran off and left me."

"Is that what this is about? You came up here to prove something to us?"

"I have nothing to prove to you guys. I'm here because they sent me to do a job."

"So what did they expect? For Brian to just wake up after being turned and just be willing to help?"

"Can't say I made it my business to find out what their plans were."

"That's exactly it! You think you would have done a bit more research before you just showed up here." Zacky took his eyes off the road to glare at me.

"I know enough to get the job done. Something they clearly didn't think you were capable of doing." I returned his glare with a cold look.

"You know what" Zacky laughed humorlessly "you're right. You're not the same little girl. You're a reckless fuck now. Go ahead with your little plan. But when the guys and I pick up the pieces of your fucking mess, we'll take the credit. We'll be by Brian's side when it all happens and you...you'll be back on the fucking streets. A lonely, little girl all over again."

I turned to stare out the window once again. I tried to ignore everything Zacky had just said but I couldn't help but remember how I was before Matt found me wondering the streets of the underworld years ago. I hadn't really been a little girl but I sure could pass for one. Barely 5'2 and with barely any weight, I easily looked like a 14 year old. Matt came and beat a couple of dirt bag vamps off of me. He took me home with him and it was like instant friendship. Matt will never admit that he was being overly kind that day by saving me and letting me stay at his house with him. All he'd ever say was that he saw "potential" in me. After spending years with the guys I picked up a couple of handy tricks to fend for myself. The guys never brought up the fact that I'd be nothing if it wasn't for them taking me in. That is until just now. The rest of the ride back to Zacky's place was filled with tension and silence. When he pulled up in front of the building, I jumped out and ran up the stairs. I was up at Zacky's apartment before he even finished parking. I let myself in with and went straight to the guest room, throwing myself onto the bed.

5 minutes later I heard the door shut and I could hear Zacky's heavy footsteps in the living room. Part of me wanted him to come in here and apologize but I knew he'd be to stubborn. I laid there on my bed for a couple of minutes before realizing that I had left my shit in Zacky's car.

Fuck me!

I punched the pillow before climbing off the bed and heading to the living room.

"Zack do you think I could have the keys? I need to go get my shit out of your trunk."

Zacky tossed the keys at me without turning away from the T.V.

"Would it be outlandish for me to ask for help?" I asked.

"What, you didn't get stronger while we were gone? Not one of your new talents?" Zacky shot back at me, still not turning away from the T.V.

"Nevermind." I whispered before heading towards the door. I got to the foyer and saw all my bags sitting there. I dragged them to the guest room before going back to the living room.

"Thank you." I whispered so low that I doubt he even heard me.

"Excuse me?" He asked, finally turning away from the T.V.

"I said thank you, jackass."

"You're welcome you whore." Zacky smirked.

"Look I'm sorry about what happened in the car." I said.

"Yeah me too. We both said things we shouldn't of. Let's just drop it."

"I can't." I said taking a seat next to him on the couch. "You were right about a lot of things. After you guys left I sort of didn't know what to do. So i busied myself with learning all I could. I figured if I became good enough at fighting and stuff then they would let me join you guys. I really did just want to prove to you guys that I could be part of the team and Matt wasn't wrong when he said he saw potential in me. I guess being left behind was the kick in the ass I needed to learn to handle shit myself and not rely on you guys for everything."

"Jay you were always a part of the team, and you always will be. You have nothing to prove." Zacky said, wrapping his arm around me in a sideways hug.

"Enough of this." I said standing up, "I've got to go get settled in."

"You do that. And keep your shit out the bathroom." Zacky turned back to the T.V.

I rolled my eyes and headed towards my room, stopping just before I left the living room.

"By the way. Thanks, Zacky."