Just Catch Me

Jean Jacket

The next day I could barely get out of bed. Why did I have to go to that godawful place and sit there, acting as if James and Tiffany were the cutest things ever? I wanted to vomit every time I even thought of them together. My mom didn't buy my sick excuse so I was forced to get my ass upstairs and get dressed. I slipped on a medium blue short floral romper, a cutoff jean vest and a pair of high leg brown flat gladiators. I quickly did my hair and makeup and was soon out of the house, trudging to Kitty's 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible in Electric Purple. The girl liked to make a statement, especially when she had daddy's credit card in her reach.

"You're late," she sighed, backing out onto the street.

"Yeah, what else is new?"

We rode the rest of the way to school in silence and that was perfectly fine by me. Ten minutes later we rode up and Kitty parked.

She killed the engine and turned to me, "Wanna talk about it?"

"Nope."

"Okay, let's go then."

---------------------------------------------------Image

The school day had passed relatively quickly and I was more than relieved to get out of there as soon as possible. Lunch had been another horror fest. I had never once, in the six months that I've known James, remembered him as a mushy-gushy romantic. He had given Tiffany a little teddy bear and ignored me while she squealed with joy. To make matters worse, she had invited her little cheerleader friends over to sit with us. I wasn't unpopular, but they couldn't resist giving me dirty looks the entire time. I had gotten really sick of playing games so I just got up and left without another word.

Now, as I was leaving out the back way, I could feel the pain raising again as I replayed lunch over and over again in my head. I sighed, leaning against the brick wall, glad to be alone out back. This day was definitely not looking up for me.

I rubbed my arm out of habit and kicked a rock, dropping my bag to the floor. Why did girls like Tiffany always get everything? Anywhere else, people would be afraid or would worship a tough guy like James. Here, Tiffany thought it upped her status quo.

I pushed off the wall and turned towards the woods, my back to the door. I was beginning to consider Kitty's proposition when I heard the door open behind me. I stood still, not wanting to bring attention to myself.

"You left this at lunch," he told me, sending a shiver down my back. I hated myself right then and there.

I turned, glaring at his stupid worn jean jacket. Why did we have to match today? "Yeah, thanks," I told him coldly, grabbing my binder and tossing it onto my tote.

I turned to gather my things and leave when he grabbed my arm at the elbow, his touch sending electricity through my body. I stiffened as he pulled me back to him, "Why're you giving me the cold shoulder, slick?"

"Can you not call me slick? I'm not one of your buddies, Jame." I wrenched my arm from his grip, turning back away.

"Ava, hey. Hey, wait." He blocked my path as I tried leaving.

"What do you want James? I have places to be," I huffed, not meeting his eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What do I want? I- I want to know why you're acting like that."

"Like what?"

"Like... like that."

"What James? Like a bitch? Why don't you ask your girlfriend. She seems to be having a positive effect on me."

"My girlfriend? What's Tiffany have to do with this?"

I sighed, shaking my head, "Never mind James, I have to go."

I tried to go around him, but he stepped to the side to block my path. "No, please Ava, enlighten me. What's Tiffany have to do with this?"

"Everything, James! She has everything to do with this!" I shouted now, tears entering my eyes.

"No Ava! She has nothing to do with this!" he shouted back.

Tears welled up in my eyes out of frustration. I dropped my bag, balling up my fists. "Shit James, just let me leave! I don't need this from you right now! I don't need to sit there at lunch watching you two making googly eyes at each other. I want to throw up every time I see you with her!" I banged my fist against his chest, and again and again. I was so weak he probably barely felt it.

Suddenly he had me pinned up against the wall, kissing me to no end. His lips were soft and rough at the same time. It took my breath away as I kissed him back, in love, anger, pain and jealousy. My hands explored his hair as his bare, slightly calloused hands were on my bare back up my shirt. We kissed so hard and long that when we pulled apart gasping, my lips and lungs ached but I needed more. I wanted more. I stared into his amber eyes, in shock and lust, before pulling him back to me. He kissed me again and again. My lips, cheeks, eyes, hair, neck. I gasped, eyes shutting as my arms were laced around his neck.

When he stopped to take a breath, leaning against my shoulder, he spoke to me in whispers. "I never liked Tiffany."

I stood, leaning against the wall listening to his words without interjecting myself.

"I only went out with her to make you jealous, Ava. I only wanted you to look at me. I wanted you to notice me like the others girls noticed me. You were the only one I wanted." At this point tears we welling up in my eyes, but he continued, "Remember that first day when you stood in front of the school, your books clutched to your chest? I got off my bike, saw you with the wind blowing through your hair and it caught my breath. I've loved you ever since then. God, I was so nervous when I was walking by but I told myself, 'At-least smile at her, James. Let her see you.' It must've been the worst, shakiest smile ever," he laughed, making me laugh through my tears.

We stood there in silence, our hearts matching pace before I sighed, my eyes squeezing shut as his words finally hit me, catching my breath. I felt like my heart was about to explode as the electricity was thrown back and forth between us.

"I've felt the exact same way since the day I met you too. I love you too, James."
♠ ♠ ♠
And it's done! :D
I hope you guys liked it. C: