Sequel: Excuse The Obscene

First You Fall

Not Here

Toni’s P.O.V

This is a bad idea

I sat in Val’s car, parked in front of my apartment building and questioning my sanity. First, of all I’m parked in a more then shady neighborhood. Secondly, it would be the first place the guys would look for me. Thirdly, I was running from my amazing boyfriend and my incredible friends. And I didn’t know why. I didn’t know why I felt the urge to just run. I mean yes seeing someone get killed should bring on the urge to run, but it’s not like I didn’t know it was part of what the guys did. I never really had a problem with the fact that Zacky was some big time Mafioso. It was always there in the back of my mind but it was never something I thought too much on. I guess actually seeing it caught me off guard.

I put the car in drive and started moving down the street. A glance at my watch let me know that it was a little past midnight. I figured I’d just head back to my job and ask Rory if I could spend the night at her place after she closed up the club. I reached the club a while later and fought my way through the crowds. I reached the bar and tapped on Rory’s shoulder.

“Hey babe, what are you doing back here again?”

“I need a favor.” I said, sitting down on a stool.

“You look like you need a drink.” She slid a beer in front of me.

“Thanks.” I said, taking a long swig from the bottle.

“So what did you need?” She asked, leaning on the bar.

“I need a place to crash tonight.”

“I’m so sorry hun but I can’t. My kids are with me this week and they’re already occupying all the space I have. I really wish I could but between them and me and Ron’s spending the night too. I just don’t have the space.”

“No don’t worry about it. It’s cool.” I said, waving my hand around as if to prove a point.

“But look you’re welcome to crash here after I lock up. My office has a pretty decent couch and I could drive home and bring you some blankets and stuff.”

“Thank you so much.” I said, giving Rory a hug over the bar. “I really appreciate this.”

“No problem.”

“Oh and if anyone asks I’m not here okay?”

“Sure thing.” Rory replied as she continued to serve drinks.

One problem down, lots more to deal with.

I picked up my beer and started heading towards Rory’s office. I took another long swig from the bottle; mentally preparing myself for everything I knew would come.

Zacky’s P.O.V

“Drive around the fucking block then! I don’t give a shit if you have to stay there all fucking night.” I yelled into my phone at Jimmy before slamming it shut and throwing it down.

“Just calm down man we’ll find her.” Brian said from the driver’s seat of my car. He insisted that I was too angry to drive and I guess he was right because I sure as fuck would have crashed the car by now. We’d been driving around Huntington looking for Toni for what seemed like hours but had only been about 40 minutes.

I was so enraged at everyone and everything. I had no idea why Toni had run from me and it was upsetting me even more that I didn’t know where she was. She hadn’t been answering my calls and according to Jimmy she hadn’t shown up anywhere around her apartment. I reached for my phone again and dialed Val’s number.

“Sorry Zack, she’s not here either.” Val said as soon as she answered the phone.

I had sent Val and Matt to check the club for Toni, hoping that she had gone back there to drink and relax. I hung up without responding and dialed Johnny’s cell.

“Is she back?” I asked when he picked up.

“No man. No luck out there?”

“Fuck where would she go?” I sighed frustrated. Shit was not in my control like it has always been and it was really starting to get to me.

“Maybe you should just call it a night, Zack.” Johnny said “She might just come back tomorrow.”

“Bye.” I hung up on Johnny and called Jimmy again.

“Start setting up shifts.” I said as soon as he answered. “I want a man in front of her building and in front of the club all night along. Get it done.”

“Sure thing boss.” Jimmy replied before hanging up.

I knew I was being harsh to the guys but I couldn’t help it. Until I had Toni in my arms again, everyone was going to be a fucking target for my anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe, leave a message on my page. It's all good.