Sequel: Excuse The Obscene

First You Fall

Plaything

Toni’s P.O.V.

“Come dance with me.” A drunken Val said, reaching her hands over the bar to grasp mine.

“I’m still working.” I laughed, taking my hands from hers.

I looked past Val and noticed that Matt and Zacky were the only ones left at their table.

“Go dance with Matt. He looks free.” I said still laughing at Val.

“Can’t. He’s talking” Val tried to whisper but failed. “Why are you working when you can be partying and drinking?” Val said, leaning onto the bar.

I was getting ready to answer her when someone tapped their hand on the table.

“What do you –” I started to ask but stopped when I saw who it was.

“Wow, long time no see.” I said crossing my arms over my chest. From the corner of my eye I could see Val stand up straight and glare at the man in front of me.

“I’m just here to drink.” Bailey said, sitting down on the stool in front of me.

“I’m having a hard time believing that.”

“I get we have bad blood between us but can you do your job and just get me a drink.” Bailey gave an angry reply.

“Get your fucking drink somewhere else.” A voice growled from behind Bailey.

I looked up and saw Matt standing over Bailey and glaring down at him.

“I remember Zacky telling you to stay far away from his girl. So if I were you I’d get up and get as far away from her as possible before he comes over here. Consider yourself lucky to still be working for him. Don’t push it.” Matt put his arm on Bailey’s shoulder and gave him a light shove. Seconds later Bailey shot out of his seat and moved over to the other side of the bar.

“Thanks for getting rid of him and not starting a brawl.” I said to Matt.

“No problem.” He replied, eyes still on Bailey across the bar.

“Come on, Val.” Matt said, wrapping his arms around his drunken girlfriend. “Zacky’s waiting for your shift to end. We’re gonna head out.”

“I’ve been waiting all night to get you alone.” Val said, running her hands over Matt’s pants.

“Hey you’re not alone yet; at least wait until you’re out of the club.” I smirked but they both ignored me.

Moments later Matt was dragging Val out of the club as she slid her hands provocatively over his body. I laughed as they made it out of the club. When I turned again I found Zacky sitting in front of me.

“I’m getting a lot of visitors tonight.” I said, leaning over the bar and giving Zacky a quick kiss so we wouldn’t get caught by Rory.

“When are you done?” He asked.

“Not for another half an hour but with Anya back and the new bartender, I don’t think I’m really needed right now. I’ll go ask Rory if I can leave a little early tonight.” I said before turning to go talk to Rory.

Moments later I was heading back over to Zacky.

“Let me just grab my stuff, and we can go.” I said and Zacky nodded.

I left the bar and headed down the dimly lit hall to the staff room. I walked in and grabbed my bag off of the chair. I threw my jacket on and slung my bag over my shoulder before turning to leave. Just as I reached the door someone walked in and slammed it shut, causing me to jump back a little.

“Let’s talk.” Bailey said as he stood, smirking, in front of the door.

“Let’s not.” I glared.

“I’m only trying to help you.”

“You could help me and yourself by moving the fuck out of my way before I call Zacky.” I said while trying to look intimidating. I hoped he wouldn’t call my bluff about calling Zacky because my cell had been cut off awhile ago and no one at the bar could hear me from here if I yelled.

“How the hell did you get back here anyway?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Same way you did. I walked.”

“Well keep walking and get the fuck out of my way.” I said, stepping closer to the door.

“I overheard you and Val talking earlier.” Bailey said, not moving an inch away from the door. “You really think you’re going to move in with Zacky?”

“How the fuck is that your business?” I asked, no longer moving to the door.

“I’m just trying to help you here.” Bailey said, putting a hand to his chest. “I can’t believe you haven’t figured it out yet. You really think you and Zacky have something? You’re no better than any of the other girls he’s been with. He keeps you around for what I assume is great sex, and to flaunt you to everyone else. The same reason I hired you. Drag you around like some sort of trophy. Only difference is, you let him do it for free. You’re nothing but a plaything to him and when he gets tired of you, he’ll grab the next best thing and leave you in pieces.”

I wanted to not believe Bailey but I couldn’t help it. A large part of mine and Zacky’s relationship was based on sex. And he did like to take me to those stupid functions just to show me off. I could feel my face start to turn slightly red as I got angry. I didn’t try to stop Bailey when he started talking again.

“There’s no way in hell he’ll ask you to move in with him. That would put you too much in his life. You’re not worth the extra trouble. But go ahead and ask him to move in. He’ll tell you the same thing I’ve heard him tell every other girl. ‘It’s not a good idea. It’ll be too dangerous for you live in that house. I don’t want to get you involved in all of that chaos. Let’s just not argue about this.’ Honestly Toni, did you think you were special to him? Go ahead and ask him.” Bailey said, stepping aside from the door and flinging it open.

Before I’d even thought about it, I was racing down the hall. I shoved my way to Zacky and stood in front of him.

“I want to move in with you.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Woah. What’s wrong?”

“I said I want to move in with you. Live together like most couples do.” I said, and waited for a response.

“Look Toni, I don’t think that’s a good idea. You have no idea how dangerous-” I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

“Save it.” I said before spinning on my heel and heading for the door.

Zacky’s P.O.V.

What the fuck was that?

I jumped up from my seat and pushed my way through the dwindling crowds to follow Toni.

“Where the hell are you going?” I said as we left the club.

“Away from you.” She shouted back at me, walking even faster down the street.

“Look let’s not argue about this.”

“Priceless!” I heard her shout again from even further down the street.

What the hell is going on?

I stopped in front of my car and pulled out my car keys. I’d do better following her down the street in my car than chasing her on foot. I put the car in drive and moved slowly down the street.

“What the fuck is your problem?!” I shouted out the window to Toni.

“Right now you are.” She flipped me off.

“Stop fucking walking and get in the damn car.”

“I don’t think I will, thanks.” Toni said just before she rounded a corner.

“Shit.” I shouted as I hit the brake at the red light. Moments later I made it around the corner just in time to see Toni jump into a cab.

I followed the cab back to Toni's place and parked my car just as she ran into her building. By the time I made it up the stairs to Toni's apartment, the door was already shut. I groaned and leaned against the wall and began knocking on the door.

"Go the fuck away!" Toni shouted after the first couple of knocks.

"Open the fucking door." I growled.

"I'm going to bed." She shouted and I heard her footsteps move away from the door.

She can't be serious.

I knocked and kicked the door for 10 more minutes before giving up. I left the building and climbed back into my car, heading home. When I reached home, I went straight to my office and sat down in front of my computer. I picked up the phone and dialed Johnny's number.

"Hello?" A disgruntled Johnny answered.

"Get over here now. I need your help." I said.

"Ten minutes." Johnny said before hanging up.

I turned on my computer and went to the internet to start my search. Ten minutes later my office door opened in Johnny walked in.

"What are you doing?" He asked, still rubbing the sleep form his eyes.

"Looking for an incredible apartment for Toni."

This seemed to wake Johnny up as he walked around and looked at my computer screen to see if I was kidding.

"Why the hell are you looking for an apartment for her?" He asked.

"Because she wants to move in with me and that's not going to happen. Besides I want her out of that hell hole she's in right now. She deserves something better. Now what do you think of this one?" I asked, showing him pictures of a nice 2 bedroom loft.

"I think it's late at night and you're out of your mind. Why won't you just let her move in here, with you. You know, like normal couples do."

"What is with this 'normal couple' bullshit." I said, pushing away from my computer and glaring at Johnny. "Look around you. I'm not living a fucking normal life here. My relationship with Toni is not normal! It'd be fucking insane to let her live here. You know the things she'll see. A month here and she'll be running for the fucking hills!" I shouted.

"Zack man calm down." Johnny said.

"Look, you two are close. Give me a fix for this problem."

"Honestly I think you should at least give it a try. If it's what she wants, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Get out." I said in a low voice, turning back to my computer.

"Zack-"

"Get out." I repeated, this time looking directly at Johnny.

When he was gone I sat back in my chair, running my hands over my face.

He's wrong. I'll find another way to deal with this.
♠ ♠ ♠
This might all seem random right now but it does have a destination. I'm just trying to make it a fun ride. Comment please.