‹ Prequel: Hopeless Hearts

After Everything's Said and Done

Together

I was on my way to Frank’s apartment. Gerard had told me where Frank lived and that it’d be easier to walk there since it was close by. After walking for about 10 minutes, I found the building where Frank’s apartment was. I went inside and followed Gerard’s directions till I found myself in front of Frank’s apartment door. To be honest, I felt happy. I was going to be with Frank again. I smiled and raised my closed hand and knocked on the odor. A minute later, Frank opened the door. When Frank saw it was me, he first looked surprised then happy.

“Claire!” he said. “What are you doing here?”

“I ended things with Gerard,” I said, looking into Frank’s eyes. His eyes lit up when he realized what I had said.

“Does that mean you want to be with me?” Frank asked. Instead of answering him, I stepped toward him and I put my hands behind his head and pulled his face toward mine so that our lips connected in a passionate kiss. Frank’s arms snaked around my waist and he pulled me closer to him, intensifying the kiss. Frank pulled his lips from mine and looked into my eyes.

“Claire?” said Frank.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Can I meet Sam?” he asked.

“If you’re ready to,” I said. I felt even happier knowing Frank wanted to meet his daughter.

“I’m ready,” said Frank, smiling. I smiled too and took his hand.

“Well, let’s go then,” I said.

We had to take a train seeing as I don’t have a car. I called my mom to let her know I was coming and that I needed to be picked up at the train station. I didn’t tell her about Frank though.

When we got to the train station near where my mom lived, I quickly found my mom. Sam wasn’t with her. I assumed my mother had gotten a baby sitter.

“Claire!” my mom exclaimed, smiling warmly at me. But her smile faded when she noticed Frank behind me. “What is he doing here?”

“He wants to meet his daughter,” I said.

“I won’t allow it,” my mom said.

“It’s not up to you,” I said. “Sam is my daughter, not yours.”

“Ms. Greene,” Frank said, stepping forward. “I know I screwed up by leaving Claire, but I’m trying to make things right.”

My mom looked at Frank for a moment, then looked at me.

“If this is what you want, go ahead,” she said to me. “If you trust him, I’ll trust your decision.”

“Thank you, Mom. This is what I want and I do trust him,” I said. My mom nodded her head.

“Then let’s go,” my mom said. She turned around and I grabbed Frank’s hand as we followed my mom out of the train station and to my mom’s parked car. We all got in and stayed silent all the way to my mom’s house.

When we got there, my mom went into the house first, followed my me, then Frank.

“Samantha!” my mom called. “Guess who’s here!”

I heard some voices then Sam and the babysitter came into view.

“Mommy!” yelled Sam. Sam ran towards me and I quickly got down on my knees so I could hug her.

“Hey sweetie,” I said. I sassed Sam on the forehead.

“What are you doing here mommy?” she asked.

“I came to see you, of course,” I said. “Did you miss me?”

“Yes,” said Sam. She looked behind me. “Who’s that?”

I looked behind me at Frank who was staring intently at Sam.

“That’s Frank,” I said, smiling. “Say ‘Hi Frank’, Samantha.”

“Hi Frank,” said Sam.

“Hi Sam,” said Frank. I looked at Frank and smiled. He smiled back and I knew everything was going to be ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just the epilogue left I think.
~Sally