‹ Prequel: Hopeless Hearts

After Everything's Said and Done

Birthday Surprise

I spent most of the day before my birthday by myself, looking through newspapers for jobs. Gerard had to work. He had told me he was working at a bookstore a few blocks away from his apartment.

When Gerard got back, I cooked us dinner with the food I had been able to pick up earlier that day.

After eating, Gerard told me we should go to bed early because he had made plans for us for my birthday tomorrow. So I went to bed early along with Gerard. Gerard and I had decided we would just share his bed while I was staying with him.

I awoke the next morning to find no Gerard in the bed next to me, and the apartment silent. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower before getting dressed.

After I was dressed I went into the living room and saw a note and an envelope on the coffee table. I picked up the note and read it.

‘Happy birthday Claire! Had to go for a little while to make sure everything’s ready for you. I’ll be back tonight at 6 so be ready!
-Gerard’

I set down the note and picked up the envelope, which had my name on it. I opened the envelope to find some money and another little note.

‘Buy something nice to wear tonight!
-G’

I got a long black dress with a halter top. I got a pair of black heels with a little bow near the toe.

When I got back to Gerard’s apartment I saw it was 4:30. I took another shower. After my shower, I dried my hair. I decided not to do anything with it. I put my dress on, and then applied a little bit of make up. I finally put on my shoes and sat on the couch to wait for Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again. I had pictures for the clothes but had to describe them. You can just decide how they look in your mind.
~Sally