Just Say Yes

I'm running out of ways to make you see

It was obvious to everyone around them but the one person he needed it to be obvious to.

Everyone else could see the affection playing across his eyes every time their eyes met, everyone else noticed the softer his voice became when they communicated, everyone else could see that Sirius Black was head over heels in love with Remus Lupin.

It was just that Remus who didn’t see it.

The werewolf was completely oblivious to his friend’s feelings. He was book smart and had a keen eye for mistake but this just seemed to go over his head.

He just couldn’t seem to notice the odd looks he received from James and Peter when Sirius would curl up beside him on the sofa, or follow him around the grounds like some sort of lost puppy. He just couldn’t see it.

Or he chose not to see it.

Sirius had tried everything he could think of to get the werewolf to see him for what he was, pathetically in love with the oblivious teenager.

“You could just tell him.” Lilly suggested from across the common room.

“Yeah, right,” James scoffed rolling the quills tip between his fingers. “Padfoot can’t do that.”

“Why not?” Lilly question turning her confused eyes to James who shrugged.

“Because he’s a guy.”

“So?”

“Guys don’t do all that mushy lovey dovey speech thing.” James muttered, listening to Lilly huff her response.

“Well it might interest you to know that most girl like guys who are into all the lovey doveyness of a relationship.” Lilly stated firmly.

“But Remus isn’t a girl.” James shot back proudly. “He’s a guy.”

“I know that Potter!” Lilly cried desperately. “I’m just saying, that maybe Remus would appreciate it more if Sirius was honest with him, instead of all this tip toeing around the subject all of the time.”

“He doesn’t even notice.” Sirius sighed. “I could have it written across my forehead and he’d just look straight through it.”

“He’s slow.” James grunted.

“He’s not though!” Lilly protested, “He is really observant of other people usually.”

“Then maybe he just isn’t interested.” Sirius sighed heavily.

“Don’t say that.” Lilly scolded. “We just need something that will make him see just how much you like him Padfoot.”

“I have tried everything; I’m running out ways to make him see. What else can I do? Every other student in the school got the hint before him.”

Lilly shrugged her shoulders and tapped the tip of her finger against her lower lip in thought. She couldn’t really just let Sirius give up, he had after all been trying all year and although he had never been to keen on the dog, he was still important to James and slowly becoming important to her.

She was a woman; she could get this to work. Show them that all Sirius and Remus needed was a friendly, woman’s touch to point them in the right direction, she chuckled low in the back of her throat and grinned widely at James and Sirius.

“I could help!” She squeaked, listening to James snort to which she glared at him.

“You?” Sirius almost laughed.

“Yes me! I am after all a woman; things like this are a girl speciality. I could plan things that you wouldn’t even think of Sirius! I could.” She smiled excitedly and Sirius glanced across at James.

“She does have a point.” He grumbled.

“Fine.” Sirius sighed rolling onto his back on the couch and laying his hands against his chest.

“Great!” Lilly grinned. “I’ll make a start.”

“You know she’s going to make you all girly with this, Padfoot.” James asked watching the ginger haired female bound happily out of the room and up to the girl’s dormitories.

“You never know prongs, stick around long enough and you may just get some tips to woo her yourself.”

“Pfft, you’ve seen her. She wants me. She wants me bad.” James grinned proudly tugging the opening of his robes as though to etherize his point. Sirius snorted a laugh and shook his head.

“Yeah, looks like it. Could hardly keep her hands to herself.”

“I tell you what Padfoot; I’ll make you a bet.” James sneered pushing out of his seat and positioning himself opposite Sirius, their eyes met briefly with the same challenging look.

“Name it.”

“I win you do my homework for the next two weeks, if you win I’ll do yours.” James offered. Sirius nodded his head in agreement.

“Well come on what do I have to do to win?” Sirius laughed impatiently.

“If you can get Mooney to agree to go out with you, before I manage to get Evans.” James challenged.

“Deal!” Sirius grinned determinedly, sitting up to shake James’s hand in conformation. “You’re going down Prongs, you don’t stand a chance.” Sirius grinned. “Evans doesn’t even like you.”

“She’s just playing hard to get, girls are like that.” James sniffed.

“Stand a chance with what?” Peter jumped in quickly, bouncing into the room with a frustrated Remus following in his footsteps, books cradled under his chin while he struggled to keep them at a steady pace.

Typical of the teenager to still be thinking more of hid education than the weight in which he was able to carry, it was also quite typical of young Peter Pettigrew bounding off in front to leave his friend struggling along the corridor.

Sirius grinned happily jumping to his feet to assist the werewolf. “Here.” He laughed leaning up to take a few of the books from the top and beaming gleefully when Remus smiled his thanks. James merely rolled his eyes at the love sick puppy and spat something under his breath when Sirius passed him.

“Shut up.” Sirius laughed low in the back of his throat, turning on his heels to accidentally crash his elbow into the back of James’s head, smirking an apology when the dark haired wizard grunted loudly and rubbed the back of his head.

“James, what don’t you stand a chance at?” Peter pressed his squeaky voice filling the room.

“Passing potions.” James huffed in mock hurt. “Padfoot thinks I’m going to fail.”

Sirius laughed along with Remus and Peter when James pouted. James huffed as Peter fell against his chair, perching himself on the arm and missing James’s hand by mere centimetres. He smiled happily at the three of them.

Remus fell onto the couch and sighed contently dropping the last few of his books onto the table. Sirius followed winking quickly at James when he shifted into his dog like shape and padded happily across the room to curl against the werewolf.

Remus’s scent was soft on his senses the smell of the teenagers wolf like pheromones put his sharp canine emotions into a controlled sense of bliss.

A soft sound left his throat when long slender fingers fell to brush along his spine, sweeping the soft strands of his dark fur back. Too lost in Remus’s gentle touches he missed the conversation happening within the room.

Content just to have the other boys tender affection.