Where The Love Goes

Chapter 6: Dinner and a Kiss

“Mom, I’m home!” Bobby called once we got back from the library. I didn’t have that much homework, and Bobby helped me with most of it.
“Let me guess.” I whispered in Bobby’s ear as we walked down the hall. “She’s in the kitchen.”
“Most likely.” He laughed quietly.
Low and behold… she was in the kitchen.
“Hello Charlotte.” She smiled.
“Hi Brenda.” I said.
“How are you?”
“Pretty good, what about you?”
“Same. Will you be treating us with your company at dinner?”
“If you really want me to.”
“Oh, I would love it if you would!” She exclaimed.
“Okay then. Looks like I’m staying for dinner.”
“Well, we’re going to go now.” Bobby said.
“Okay sweetie, be back in time for dinner. Your father will be here at about six.”
“Okay, see you later.”
“Bye.” She smiled as we walked out.
“You want to go to Isolation Point?” Bobby asked.
“Of course I do.” I smiled.
* * *
When we got there, it looked the same as it always did, and we sat in the place that we always do.
“So… what are we having for dinner?” I asked after a long silence.
“I don’t know, I don’t think I have had the same thing for dinner in about a year. My mom likes to cook.” He laughed.
“Oh, okay.” I laughed too.
“Heads up, you might not know what it is, but it will probably taste good, so try it before you judge it.” He smiled.
“Good enough for me.” I smiled back.
“So when do you want to go home tonight?”
“Whenever really; obviously my parents don’t care.”
“Okay, well I don’t want to be around my parents for too, too long, so how about right after dinner?”
“Sounds good.” I said. “Will you be spending the night?”
“Only if you want me to.”
“Oh, I want you to.”
“Then yes, I will be.”
“Good.” I looked at the ground and started to play with the dirt. I made a little heart in it and smiled to myself. Apparently that gave Bobby an idea because he told me to come with him. He took my hand and led me to the bog oak tree where he took out his pocket knife and carved Isolation Point. Then he looked at me and carved once again into the big oak tree Bobby + Charlotte and put a big heart around it. When he was done, we stood back and looked at it again, admiring it.
“Do you like it?” He asked.
“I love it.” I replied. Next thing I knew, I was in his arms, and his lips were caressing mine in a warm embrace.
* * *
When we got back to Bobby’s house, it was a little awkward for me, knowing that Bobby and I had just had our first kiss, and now we were going to have to talk to his parents. I couldn’t wait until dinner was over.
We walked into the kitchen, and the table was laid out like a Martha Stewart magazine.
“Charlotte!” Brenda exclaimed once she noticed us. “Come, sit down!” She gestured to a seat that was right in front of the window. “Chad, Bobby’s father, will be here in a few minutes.”
“Okay…” I said, awkwardly, and sat down. Bobby took the seat across from me, and gave me a sympathetic look.
Kissing Bobby was not weird at all, it was actually quite amazing. He was a very good kisser. The awkward part was that I had to see his parents after I had been so dazzled.
I smiled back at him. Just then, who I assumed to be “Chad”, walked into the room and took a seat.
“You must be Charlotte.” He said, holding out his hand. I shook it and said,
“Yep.”
“I have heard about you before.” He smiled.
“I have heard about you too.”
“And what have you heard?”
“I could ask you the same, sir.” I smiled.
“Fair enough. Let’s eat.”
I laughed to myself.
Luckily Brenda filled my plate for me, so I wouldn’t have to worry about that part. I ate in peace as I listened to the family talk about work and things of that sort. It reminded me about how my family barely said two words to each other each day.
When we were all done, Bobby ran upstairs to get some clothes and was back down in two seconds. (not literally, but close to it) After that, we went to my house, and he climbed up the tree into my bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! :}