She Used To Be The Sweetest Girl

The End

I smiled at the memory.
That was when I was truly happy. When I was the sweetest girl, like Matt said. And now, I sell myself on the streets and strip. Just so I can have a house to live in.

"I don't know what went wrong," I said putting my elbow on the bar and resting my hand in my hand, but still looking at Matt.

"Maybe it was when you started to hang out with the wrong crowd," Matt said playing with his sunglasses.

I signed.
When I was in High School I used to be the girl that everyone liked. I was friends with everyone. I was happy, outgoing, willing to do anything. But once senior year came around, things changed. I started hanging out with the druggies, the rebels. I got into a lot of crap when I was a senior. I was arrested for drugs all the way to stealing cars.
I lost a lot of people when I changed groups. I lost Zacky, Jimmy, Johnny, Brian who was my own brother. But most of all, I lost Matt. I didn't know I lost him until graduation came around and he wouldn't even look at me.
I tried to talk to Brain, but he told me to fuck off and go do more drugs.
I left right after I got my diploma. I got into a car, and just drove. And then I ended up here, living with 10 other hookers and a Pimp that likes to abuse us if we don't get enough money.

"Maybe," I said sadly.

"I tried to save you, I really did. But, you were already a lost cause when I finally got the nerve to try and save you," He said grabbing my hand.

I nodded and felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Leslie! What the fuck did I tell you!" I heard someone yelling from behind me.
I knew who it was and didn't want to turn around.

"Andre, I'm sorry," I said in a whisper.

"You better be fuckin sorry! Now either get this guy, or go back out on the streets!" he yelled and slapped me across the face. I sat there for a minute in shock, but then the sound of a bar stool crashing to the floor made me look up.

Matt was on top of Andre punching him. I didn't know if I wanted to break it up, or let him beat him. I knew Andre deserved it, but if Andre died it would be my fault and I would most likely get killed.
I jumped down and tried to pull Matt off of Andre.

"Matt! Stop!" I yelled. He pulled his arm back, ready to punch him again but I grabbed it.
He turned his head and looked at me.

"Stop," I said calmly. He signed and got off of Andre.

I looked down at him and saw what Matt did.
He had blood pouring from his nose, a black and blue mark forming around his eye already, a split lip and cuts on his cheeks.

"He hit you and I was just so used to people hitting you, my reflexes cam-" I cut him off with my finger on his lips.

"Thank you," I said. I removed my finger from his lips and looked into his eyes.

His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close to him. He leaned down inches from my face.
I stood on my tippy toes, still looking in his eyes, and pushed my lips against his.
I felt sparks, the same sparks that I felt 10 years ago, the sparks of love.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. He then grabbed my legs and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and deepened the kiss.

"You are still the sweetest girl I met back in high school," he said pulling away.

I smiled and kissed him again.
Maybe life will change, maybe I will become the sweetest girl that I was back then. Maybe I can leave the life I have now and start fresh and maybe Matt can help me do that.

...She used to be (she used to be the sweetest girl)
She used to be the sweetest girl ever...