Status: Not sure if I'm back yet. But I'm going to try updating when I can - Dee 1/4/11

It Led Me Straight to You

12

“Ella, you look amazing.” I had started my way down the stairs when John said this to me. He was glowing, looking almost perfect. He just needed his tie, which I held in my hand. I had gotten him one to match the color of my dress, but I didn’t want to ruin the surprise of what I was wearing.

I pressed a kiss to his cheek before pulling up his collar. “Really, you look beautiful. You always do, but now so more than ever.” His whispering in my ear sent a shiver down my spine as I started to work on his tie. I was dressed in a knee length patterned turquoise dress with black lace from my bust to my hips and a large black bow off to the side. I matched this with high heel, platform turquoise heels [in an attempt to close the distance between John’s towering figure and my tiny body] along with my nails and eyelids decorated in a similar shade. A dangling butterfly necklace and my claddagh ring were the only jewelry I felt the need to wear.

“You’re looking rather dashing yourself,” I smiled, clicking my tongue as I flattened his collar over the tie. “Mom wants to make us take pictures.”

“Okay…Mom kinda expected Stephen and I to take some pictures of each other since she got called in for an emergency at work.” It was only then that I noticed my mother fussing over Jess, Stephen watching with a slight smirk.

My mother finally let us go, John held my overnight back and I pulled on my leather jacket. I wanted to add a little bit of a different flair to the dress, and the jacket did that. I wished my mother good night and kissed her before leaving. “I’m free!” I yelled once we got in the car. We were all staying at their friend Josh’s tonight.

John wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer, and kissed the side of my head. “I’m glad you’re excited, Ella. Tonight is going to be awesome.”

The dance was kind of stupid. I wasn’t really disappointed, I didn’t expect much more. John made it more than bearable though, he didn’t leave my side the entire night. He danced with me the whole time, pulling me as close as possible for slow dances. It was perfect for being a cheesy high school dance.

“Don’t fall asleep yet, silly,” John kissed my cheek as I leaned against the window. “The fun hasn’t even started yet.”

“But I’m sleepy,” I said immaturely as I let him pull me close and cuddled into his side.

“The best of the night has yet to happen, Ani,” Stephen assured me as he turned down a side street.

We pulled up to a house along with a few other cars. “I have a feeling there’s something you guys haven’t told me…”

“It’s not going to be crazy or anything. But Josh’s parents are on a third honeymoon or something, so he’s having some people over.”

“It looks like word got out…” I looked at Stephen skeptically.

“We planned for that.”

John’s arm was wrapped securely around my waist as we walked towards the door. “Josh, what’s up?”

A blond boy pushed his bangs out of his face. “Trying to keep from having freeloaders in my house….unless they bring booze.” A lopsided smirk played on his lips. “You guys can get changed upstairs, if you want. Leave your stuff in my room if you want it locked up.”

He let us through the door with a softer smile at me in greeting. This was the first time I had seen him more than just seeing him with John or Stephen.

I heard something fall and break. Oh yes, this would be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope people are still reading this. I don't blame you if you've stopped.
I'm trying to get better about updating.
-Dee