Pull the Trigger

December 3rd, 2007.

On December 3rd, in front of nearly three thousand screaming fans, Synyster Gates announced some of the most important news of his life. His wife was finally pregnant with twin girls. He could feel his hands clam up with sweat, and his leg had started to bounce a while back. The deafening roar of the amped up crowd hit his ears full force, and despite the fact that he was nervous as hell, he let a smile out.

Matt handed the microphone to him after detailing to the crowd that they had 'some important shit that needs to be said, so listen up motherfuckers'. Brian swallowed hard as he took the microphone, clearing his throat several times as the nervousness hit him like a transport truck.

"Everyone doing good tonight?" he managed to choke out.

The crowd, completely oblivious to his nervousness, cheered and roared appreciatively. Brian smirked, noticing that his hands had begun to shake too. Being on the stage for years made sure he was hardly ever nervous, as did his brazen attitude. However, all of that calm and collected shit flew out the window when he glanced at his wife, who was sidelined on the stage. She was wearing a dress that surprisingly accentuated the tiny bump of her stomach, and her eyes were trained on him. Val was chatting away to her, and she nodded, but Brian knew her love and support was totally with him.

"I have some great news for you crazy motherfuckers!" Brian suddenly shouted, stalking towards one of the ego risers and raising his hands toward the crowd.

They got the hint and hollered louder, their excitement traveling over to him and settling in his stomach.

'This is it,' he thought, the smirk returning. 'I'm going to tell them.'

"I thought I'd let you all be the first to know that my wife, Sierra, just found out that she is pregnant with our twin baby girls. It would be amazing if you could all give her a big deathbat family welcome out onto the stage."

The response was phenomenal. Even the girls who held up signs saying how much they loved him cheered with happiness and flashed him the thumbs up. Timidly, Sierra made her way out onto the stage, waving at all of the fans. Brian was suddenly struck by how gorgeous she looked at that very moment. She was glowing from head to toe, the kind of glow only a pregnant woman could possess. Even after being with him for so long, she still grew nervous on the stage, and it warmed his heart to see that she was making an effort for him. He had to announce it this way, so they wouldn't be plagued by rumours and tabloids.

"Hi everyone. Thank you so much for everything, and for supporting my husband and this kick ass band behind me," she spoke quietly and shyly, her eyes sparking as she looked up at him.

"Love you, baby," Brian murmured, his lips finding hers as she replied.

"We're taking a ten minute break, and when we come back, get ready to be kicked in the face from our songs!" Matt exclaimed excitedly as he claimed the microphone.

"Come on baby," Brian said, linking fingers with Sierra and leading her off the stage.

Everyone had gathered around, both the band and the tech grew, congratulating the pair with hugs and high fives. Never in his life had Brian ever felt more loved and adored then at this moment. Sierra was smiling widely, her hands on her stomach as she talked to Val about baby things and what she would need. Brian simply laughed and shook his head, watching the pair of them gossip like two old hens.

"Yo, Syn. Something's here for you. You've got sign off for it or something," Zacky said as he clapped his old friend on the back.

"What?" Brian asked, inspecting the shorter male.

"There's a package over there. For you," Zacky ennunciated the words separately, causing Brian to grow exasperated.

"Yeah yeah. I got it," Brian grovelled, pushing past his friends to see that there was indeed a package for him.

A rather bored looking male chewed on a wad of gum, taping his pen impatiently on his sign out sheet. Brian didn't like the looks of this guy, and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Mr. Haner?" he asked in a monotone voice.

"Yes?" Brian replied, just as flatly.

"Package for you. Could you sign off please?"

Brian didn't have to be told twice. He just wanted this strange kid out of his way so that he could go back with his wife and bask in the praise of his friends. He ripped the clipboard out of his hand and quickly scrawled down his messy signature, before shoving the thing back in the man's hand.

As the delivery man left, Brian produced an army knife and slid it down the center of the box, ripping the see through tape clean through. Biting his bottom lip in concentration, he pulled away the flaps and began to sift through the rather large pile of packing peanuts. His patience wore thin as he continued to come up with nothing. Finally, after digging right to the bottom, he found the contents of the box.

Photos and photos of Sierra lay at the bottom, her smiling face staring up at him. Here was one where she had taken the Jeep in to the garage, and another when she stopped at Starbucks to buy both of them a drink. But the one that infuriated him the most, was one of Sierra leaving her doctors office, happy tears still wet on her face. That fucker!

Roaring with anger, Brian stood up ramrod straight and kicked the box hard. It went flying across the small hallway, hitting the wall and tipping over.

"Motherfucker! I'll kill him! I'll strangle him with my bare hands! I'll kill him!" Brian ranted, seizing his perfect hair with his hands and tugging.

"Brian! What the hell is going on?" Matt exclaimed, grabbing his upper bicep.

"He found us. Again. He fucking found us!" Brian hollered, his face white with panic and absolute anger.

"Bri?" Sierra's soft voice floated up from behind Matt's muscular frame, and his eyes softened instantly.

She looked so small and meek standing there, watching him apprehensively with her beautiful eyes. She wrung her hands nervously, the reality of the situation already on her face.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I did all I could to get rid of him. He's back," Brian whispered.

Sierra burst into tears as soon as he finished taking, shaking her head furiously as she tried to deny it. That broke Brian's heart, so he scooped her into his arms, pressing kisses to her head.

"I'll do whatever it takes to protect you from him. I promise," Brian muttered, holding onto her trembling frame.

Sierra didn't see it, but his facial features hardened until he looked like a man nobody would recognize. His eyes were tough and not as glossy, his jaw tight with agitation and every muscle on high alert. This stalker was going to go down, for Brian was going to use all the resources he had. Nothing was going to happen to his wife and unborn children, even if it was the last thing he did.