Wonderful Life

Twenty-Nine

"Christian, I loved you. You were my best friend who took care of me when I couldn't stand my parents' fighting. But I don't love you the way that you love me. In fact, I don't love you anymore. You destroyed that the moment you decided to rape me." I said, turning to face him.

His stoic expression turned to one of anger when I started speaking again. "Gemma...." He began.

"You expect me to give you a chance? After you hurt me? I can't do that. You wanted a romantic relationship with me when I wanted to be friends. But you took from me what I can't get back. And later on in life, I have to explain to my child why her father raped her mother. She's going to have to live with that and I love my daughter with all my heart, but I can't let you try and brainwash her against Sam or me or her family. You lost your right to be friends or an acquaintance with me the moment you touched me against my will." I explained.

Christian took a step forward. "You can't do that! You can't keep me from my child! Damn it! Cassandra's my child, my daughter, not Sam's! I'm her biological father and if I want to be able to see her and raise her, then you should at least have the decency to let me see her." He argued.

"Why? After you beat Sam to a pulp? After you terrorized my best friend? My family? Why should I let you anywhere near me? Or my daughter?" I retorted.

I stood up straight, watching the conflicting emotions in his eyes. "I....Love you. I just....I didn't....I wasn't thinking straight. I...You wouldn't talk to me. Hell, you wouldn't even let me see my own daughter when she was in the NICU. You kept me from helping you during the pregnancy, when you went into labor. And even then, your best friend's brother was the one that you called! You shut me out! This was all I could do to even get you to let me see Cassandra." He stated.

I turned to the judge. "Your honor, if you give him any part in Cassie's life, it's only hurting her. I know for a fact that if Christian had his way, he would force me to marry him, he'd cut me off from my family and friends and never let me be free. It's the same for Cassie. He'd only end up hurting her! I'm begging you to not do this to her." I said, and Christian bitterly laughed.

"Perfect, Gemma. Suck up to the judge. I have rights, you know? Take a DNA test and you'll see that Sam had no part in creating her." He spat.

I was ready to yell at him, but was stopped when Sam took a hold of my hand, squeezing it. "Calm down, hon. Don't let him get to you." He whispered in my ear.

"Your honor. Cassie will never have a stable life if you give her to Christian. He moves constantly, and travels around the world. I am in one place, I provide for my daughter. My parents live close to her, my family and friends think of her as their own. My best friend, Colbie Haner is her godmother and the legal guardian if anything should happen to me. I can't.....I don't want Cassie to grow up knowing what happened to her." I explained.

But before I could say anything, Sam stepped up. "Your honor, I watched Gemma recover after what Christian did to her. She was scared and she wanted nothing to do with anyone. But the moment she found out she was pregnant, she didn't know what she wanted to do. I saw what it did to her to go through labor, it was an early birth and she didn't know if Cassie would make it or not. She did what she thought was best, protecting her child from a man who hurt her in a horrible way. I was there when he struck Colbie. It wasn't....He chose to do that." He replied.

"Christian also followed Gemma to Mexico, blackmailing her with threats towards her family and she could only counter with letting everyone know what happened to her, what he did to her. He'll never ever stop trying to take Cassie from her mother and he'll never give up on the thought of her, being with her. I don't want my future wife, to live a life in fear of having her child taken from her or have the feeling that she'll go missing one day." He ended.

Christian shook his head. "Is that why you're here, Worthington? To make your move on a girl that you barely know, but seem to love? I've known her for years! I've loved her since she was four years old! How can you possibly think that she'd just roll over for you?" He spat.

"Because I love him. I love him and I want to be with him. I don't feel anything for you like I feel for him. And if you can't get that through your head, then that's your fault." I interjected.

Finally, the judge intervened. "I've come to a decision. Here's my ruling." He announced.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gemma - Court