Stranger Things Have Happened but Not Like This

Hitler, Satchels, and Rooftops

Disclaimer: I own nothing except Addie. And my background picture of a wet Bradley Cooper. -drools-

Stranger Things Have Happened But Not Like This
Chapter 4: Hitler, Satchels, and Rooftops

As I sat down on the edge of Stu's bed, I let out a heavy sigh. Doug, Phil, and I had let ourselves into the room only to find Stu (who was only in his underwear) talking to Satan, I mean, Melissa on the phone. That bitch seriously needs to lay off before I punch her in the face...again.

"I'm not even going to say anything. It's so embarrassing."

Stu acted as if Phil didn't say anything. "Where's Alan?"

"He went downstairs," I began lazily before Doug finished the sentence.

"He said he had to grab a few things."

"Good, because I have something to show you," Stu said excitedly doing some weird poses.

Why do I have the sudden urge to kill a dozen kittens?

I froze as he pulled out a ring. An engagement ring. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one surprised.

"If it's what I think it is, I think it's a big fucking mistake." I would have agreed with Phil but I was still in shock. My buddy Stu was making a horrible decision.

"I'm gonna propose to Melissa at your wedding after the ceremony."

"Stuey, congratulations!" Dammit Dougie. This is a mistake and you know it. "That's a beautiful ring."

"Yeah. It's my grandmother's. She made it all the way through the Holocaust with that thing. It's legit."

"Now you're giving it to Hitler!" I blurted out, gaining a glare from my brother and Stu. Perfect time to finally speak up huh? At least, Phil sees what I mean.

"I don't get it. Wait, have you not listened to anything I have ever said?"

"Phil, we've been dating for three years. It's time. This is how it works."

"A, that's bullshit. And B, she's a complete bitch!" I nodded.

"Hey, that's his fiancee." I glared at Doug, knowing for a fact that he didn't like Melissa either.

"What? It's true. You know it's true. She beats him."

"That was twice and I was out of line. She's strong willed and I respect that."

I stood up from the bed quickly, slightly surprising them. "Jesus Christ Stu! You're lying to yourself. I know an abusive relationship when I see one. Why else would you have to lie about where ever the hell you are?" The last thing I want is for Stu to be in that sort of relationship. It was bad enough I ended up in one. Then again, as soon as that asshole Blake hit me, not only did I kick his ass, but so did the guys. I also didn't want Stu to be with Melissa at all, if you couldn't tell.

"Wow. Wow. He's in denial," Phil interjected. "Not to mention, she fucked a sailor."

"Wasn't he a bartender?" I asked.

"Yes Addie. He was a bartender on a cruise ship," Doug replied before turning to Phil. "You know that."

"Guys, I'm standing right here. I can hear everything you're saying."

"That's sort of the point Stu."

"Hey guys. You ready to let the dogs out?" We all turned to Alan who was dressed in a t shirt, white pants, sneakers, and in his hand was a plastic bag.

Seeing as how it was Alan, of course we would be confused.

"Let the dogs out. You know," Alan started dancing while singing Who Let The Dogs Out.

"Who brought this guy along?"

"Yes Alan. We are ready to let the dogs out," Doug humored him before turning to Stu. "And hey, congrats."

"Thanks."

I just rolled my eyes and walked out, pissed.

OoOoOoOo

"You're not really wearing that are you?" Phil asked Alan as we all waited for the elevator.

"Wearing what?"

"The man purse." Alan was silent. "You're actually going to wear that or are you guys fucking with me?"

Dougie and I bit our lips to keep from laughing as Alan stated that it was were he kept all his things and even got compliments on it. And that the correct term was a satchel, not man purse.

"Indiana Jones wears one."

"So does Joy Behar," Phil replied. I covered up my laugh with a cough, gaining a smirk from Phil, before the elevator doors opened. Woah. Talk about kinky.

"We're going up guys," the guy with the porno looking mustache said as we walked in.

"So are we."

OoOoOoOo

Stu being the worry wart that he was, started complaining to Phil how none of us should be on the rooftop of the hotel.

"Calm down Stu. We're here to have fun," I smiled. Oh don't think I'm still not pissed because I am. I just don't want to deal with drama right now.

"Addie's right Stu. We're paying for a Villa. We can do whatever the fuck we want. Just wedge the door open," Phil said before turning to me. "Ladies first," he grinned as he pointed to the ladder.

I smacked him upside the head. "I'm wearing a dress dumbass. I'm not letting you get a free view of my ass."

"I have once already," he grinned before I smacked him upside the head again. Did I mention that Doug hit him too and pushed him towards the ladder? Hehe. I love my brother. I waited for the rest of the guys to climb the ladder before I made my way up, in heels no less.

I whistled. "Damn. Talk about a view."

Alan handed us all shot glasses as Phil filled them up with Jagermiester.

"I would like to make a toast," Stu began. "To Doug and Tracey. May tonight may be...but a minor speed bump in an otherwise very long and healthy marriage."

"Cheers," we toasted before emptying our shots.

"Oh it's like college," Stu exclaimed and I grinned. I kinda missed my college days.

Before Phil could say whatever he wanted to, Alan decided to speak which kind of pissed off Phil.

"I'd like to say something...that I prepared tonight." He dug through his pockets before pulling out a piece of crinkled paper as we all looked on confused. "Hello. How about that ride in? I guess that's why they call it Sin City." Alan laughed at his joke though all of us had a smile too.

"You guys might not know this but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one." Stu patted Doug's shoulder getting a smile out of him. "So there were two of us in the wolf pack. I was alone first in the pack and then Doug joined later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys I thought: 'Wait a second, could it be?' And now I know for sure, I just added three more guys to my wolf pack."

"Three Alan?" I asked.

"Well, you act like one of the guys and I thought you were lesbian so..."

The guys busted up laughing as I ignored them and shrugged. "Okay then. But I'm not lesbian Alan. Though I did experiment in college..." The guys stopped laughing at that and looked at me wide eyed. "What?"

"Holy shit," Phil grinned.

"No way," Stu said.

"I thought you were studying?" Dougie asked.

"Yeah. In bed though," I grinned causing him to cover his ears.

"Oh god! I don't want to hear about my little sister's sex life!"

"I do!" Phil shouted.

"With who?"

I made the motion of zipping my lips and smiled. "I don't kiss and tell Stuey. Sorry Alan. Please continue."

He smiled then cleared his throat before finishing up his speech. "The five of us wolves running around the desert together in Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine."

….Okay...

"So tonight, I make a toast," Alan pulled out a knife and cut his palm scaring the shit out of us.

"Dude what the fuck?"

"What the hell are you doing?" Doug and I yelled.

"What is that?"

"Blood brothers," Alan replied.

"Oh god. Make it stop Dougie," I asked and he did so by taking the knife away.

"You alright? Are you okay?" Phil asked and Alan nodded as he sucked on his cut. "Do you need a doctor."

"I'm good."

"Perfect. Alan, come here buddy."

"Get in here crazy," Stu said as I refilled all of our shots. God knows I need a drink after that little scare.

"Alright," Phil began. "To a night that the five of us will never forget." He smirked as he held up his glass and we all toasted.

OoOoOoOo

Unfortunately for us, we did forget that night once we woke up that next morning.

Oh the things we discovered...

OoOoOoOo
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever since I've updated but life got to me. Not too mention that I've become addicted to another website as well as a new show this year: Doctor Who. So, I'm sorry that it took me awhile to update this story. I hope to update faster this time but I tend to find myself busy with something else as of late.

-Dessy