A Wolf To Be Freed

Deadly Red Eyes

Every thing was the same. Same old park, same old walk path, same old trees, same old pond, same old every thing. I knew some of the people around me. Some live in my area or work or go to school by me. Some I just know by talking to. No one I wanted to talk to though. Right now I just want to left on my own.

Every day its the same thing. Get up, get dresses, try to eat something, be yelled at my brother, brother gets yelled at by mum, mum gets yelled at by dad, things get out of hand, I get headache. Every day that happens. Every day I come here, to the big nature park to calm down. The sound of water and birds help me clear all the nasty things in my head out.

I felt a pang of happiness as a young girl ran across the path with a sheep dog puppy following behind her with a tennis ball in its mouth. It felt right to be here. It was really my home since I spend all my time here. I only go home for food and sleep. It felt safe to me. Home from home. If only my family could be the people in the park.

Every thing was normally the same each day. People, dogs and ducks in the pond. The path swayed around the pond and leaded up to some old castle ruins. Which is the place i sit and think about things. On the way, I normally pass an old woman who sits there every day eating her home made cookies, but today she wasn't eating cookies. She wasn't even there.

The person that was sat on the bench wasn't eating cookies nor was he old. He was far from old. I didn't pay much attention to him but passing him made me feel uneasy. A shiver ran up and down my back. There was a bang behind me making me jump. I turned back to see what it was, but he wasn't there. Nothing was.

All the people who had been behind me were no longer there. All the ducks had gone from the pond and the birds had stopped singing. The wind had stopped and the trees just stood there doing nothing but hang over me. All the noise that had been filling the air was silent. What was going on? Did I miss something?

It seemed all to strange for all the people and animals to have just vanished like that. There was a snap behind me. I turned back around but there was still nothing I could see. A small sting on my arm made me yelp. I ran my hand over it to rub what ever it was away. My finger felt sticky the moment I did. My eyes widened as i saw what was on them. Blood. I looked at my arm.

A small but fine cut ran up my arm. Blood was running out in small amounts making a line of blood all the way down to my hand. I pulled out a tissue from my pocket and held it to the cut. Another snap from behind me made me swirl around. What was going on? Was an animal on the loss? I slowly started backing away from the spot the snap came from.

I got a few meters away. As fast as I could while holding the tissue to my arm I turned and ran for it. I ran until I reached the other side of the park. I was puffing for air and was holding myself up right by holding onto the side of a phone box. I felt something wet drip on my head. Rain? I looked up to the sky and low and behold it started raining. Every thing seemed to get a lot darker.

The clouds turned a dark gray and the trees seemed to darken and lean into me. I put my hand over my head trying to shield myself. Another bang filled the air around me and on the other side of me rocks fell down the embankment. I held my breath. What was it that was following me? I felt scared and alone. What was going to happen to me? I tried pulling on the phone box door. if i can get in it I'll be safe dry.

Better yet, I can call my dad to come pick me up. I pulled on the door. Nothing. I took my other hand off my arm and looked at it. All that was left was dry blood around the cut. I dropped the blood stained tissue and pulled on the door with both hands. After struggling with it for a few seconds the door just seemed to open on its own. I backed up a few steps.
The dust lifted up and filled the space around me.

Pushing past it all I walked into the phone box. I started looking for money to put in the phone. I found a pound in one pocket and fifty pence in the other. Would that be enough? I tried finding some more. Nothing. The door to the box slammed behind me. I jumped at the sudden bang, dropping the money on the floor. I bent down and looked for it. I could only find the fifty pence. Great.

This wasn't going to be enough. I would have to be really fast when I called home. The rain made small bangs against the box. Normally I would like it, but today isn't normal. I tried to place the money in the money hole, but I was shacking so hard I couldn't do it. I took a deep breath and steadied my hand.

The money went in. I smiled to my self, but the smile was taken away when the money cam back out. I tried again and the same thing happened. What the hell? Was this thing broken? I picked up the phone and held it to my ear. There was no beeping sound. I followed the cable to the dialer. It wasn't even connected! I was shocked. It looked like it had been bitten off.

I was really starting to panic. I had no way of getting help. No phone, no weapon, no nothing. I'm gonna die aren't I? I stood in the phone box. Rather being in here then out there. All the trees out side didn't seem to move even with the rain hitting them. More bangs seemed to echo out side. This was a place that was meant to be safe and sound, so what was happening?

Things got even worse. The door that I had had so much trouble getting open flung itself open in front of me. I screamed at it. The only thing I Could do was scream. I felt like I couldn't move any more. The rain was coming inside and my front was wet. The trees still didn't move, which means no wind and that then means that the door opened by itself.

Every thing happening was scaring me. The whole thing was something I wouldn't want to see. Even in a movie. I didn't know if I was crying or if it was the rain on my face. I wiped it away with my arm. I stopped mid way with my arm across my face when some thing called my name. "Vicky". It was deep and was by far the most scary thing so far.

I looked around. Had some one come to get me? maybe dad had seen it was raining and had I wasn't home. He could be here to pick me up. But then why would his voice sound like that? And why didn't he call me Vicky bear like he always does? No this wasn't him. Then who was it and how did he know my name? I backed up in the phone box until my back was pressing against the phone.

The next time it called it sounded like it was right in front of me. "Vicky. Come out, Come out where ever you are". I shivered. He was playing games with me. Well I didn't want to play. I just wanted to go home. I crouched down to the floor and held my legs. What was going to happen to me? The rain was still coming in and still getting me wet. More shivers ran up my back some from fear, some from cold.

I listened for anything out side that would tell me whats going on. All I could find was the sound of rain and...footsteps. Oh God. He was coming towards me. I'm gonna die. I ducked my head behind my arms. I felt something touch my arm. I pulled it back and whimpered when something pressed against the cut on my arm.

My chine was lifted up. I tried to pulled back but it felt like I was being held by stone. I open my eyes and gasped. I tried my hardest to move backwards even though I knew I couldn't. His eyes, they scared me. Never have I seen red eyes before. In movies yes, but these were real. Just looking at them I knew they were. "What do you want?" My voice came out small. I felt weak with how his voice sounded to mine.

He put his hand on his chine. "what do I want you ask. Well, I would have to say your blood". I shivered again. This time it was all from fear. He wants my blood. What a loony. I shook my had. "No, you can't have it". He looked down at my and smiled. "I can't can I". I shook my head again. He reached back behind him. I thought he was going to slap me.

Instead of slapping me he pulled something up to his nose and inhaled deeply. "Ah the smell of your sweet blood". I gasped at him. He had the tissue I had used to stop the bleeding from my arm. He ran the tissue over his lips then licked it. "Taste is something a vampire knows all about Vicky and your blood has lots of taste". VAMPIRES!

He can't be. Vampires aren't real. They can't be. Its just not something that can happen. He really is playing games with me. "You can't be. Vampires are NOT real. So stop playing games with me and go away". I was met with a simple answer. "No". I felt so angry and scared at the same time. If things carry on going the way they have been I was going to die in a phone box.

That I was not going to have happen. "Look, go away. I am not going to give you my blood nor are you going to take it. So get lost". This time he did slap me, hard. All the brave feelings I had had are now gone. Replaced with a red hand mark on my face and pain. I closed my eyes and curled up into a ball. I didn't want this. All I wanted was to go home. So why can't it just happen.

I started crying. Really crying. I couldn't stop myself. I felt something tap my shoulder. "Hello. Hello mam. Mam are you OK?" I looked up. There were no red eyes. Just brown ones. It wasn't a vampire either. It was a man. "Hello mam. do you need help? You look really upset. A phone box in the middle of a park is no place for an upset child". He was American. I looked around me.

Birds, people, ducks, wind and noise. The floor was wet as if it had been raining. "Uh, um no. No thank you. I'm fi...I'm fine thank you. Just a little frustrated". The man nodded and smiled then walked off. Nothing looked out of place. I looked around myself and found my pound and fifty pence. I put it back in my pocket and got up.

I looked myself over. Nothing. Not even the cut is there. I started walking home wondering if it was all in my mind. It could be. Maybe all the family fighting has gotten to me. It must be. I mean, vampire are not real. It was all just me. God I'm going nuts. I walked back the path I walked back on the path I came in on.

I past the bench and the old lady was eating her homemade cookies as she does every day. I reached the gates to the park. I had past the little girl with the puppy just seconds ago. I really was going insane wasn't I? First everything goes missing, then loud bangs, then cute that aren't real and then a vampire that wants my blood.

I was about to go through the gates when something got my attention. something red. There he was. He stepped forward and waved with the tissue covered in my blood. He smile and in his mouth he had fangs. This is just me, he is not real I told myself. "your not real". I whispered. I felt a cold gust of wind and then something on my shoulder. "Oh, but I am Vicky. I am".

I swung round but he was gone. I felt a tear run down a cheek. I moved my hand to the place his had been. I picked up the tissue with my blood on. Something else was on it. 'I'll be back' was written on it. I took the tissue in my hand and ran up to a man. "Sir, Sir. please tell me if this tissue is real. Please". I was crying as well so I must of looked like a mental patient. "yes, it is why?" I didn't stay to answer.

I ran as fast as I could to get home. This was not a normal day. Things like this didn't happen on a normal day. I got home and all I could think about was his eyes. His Deadly Red Eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took me ages to write. So message me and tell me what you think about it. Its the second one in my book of one shots or what every you want to call them. Hope you like it.