Status: Updated when there is something to be updated on this.

Collection of Words

Winter.

The wind blew through the air moving the raindrop covered leaves, making it look like the tree was raining down on the ground around it. I watched as my best friend looked out the window with his eyes shining brightly at the sight.

River was always one that looked for nice sights like this. They were normally things people would look over and think nothing about it; sadly normally I would too unless I was with him. He made me stop – and if we were with Leanna and Issac- to look at it. I’m always glad he does.

Feeling a smile spread across my face I turned my attention back to the tree for a moment until I felt River grab my wrist and pulled.

“Trent, let’s go outside!” He grinned pulling me away from the window.

I let him drag me outside completely and to the tree. Once we were there he let go and ran under it letting the drops fall on him. Laughing I walked under too but yelped when one of the cold drops landed on my forehead and slid down my nose.

River burst out laughing and doubled over. I dunno if that was from the drop hitting my face or the weird noise I made. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away.

“Sorry but that was funny.” He chuckled.

Bitting my lip to stop myself from smiling I turned to glare at him. He looked at me with wide apologetic eyes. Seeing me glaring at him, his mouth made a ‘o’ shape and he leaped at me, knocking me to the wet ground hugging me.

“Sorry!” He all but yelled dragging out the ‘y’.

Wrapping my arms back around him I started laughing.

“It’s fine.” I chuckled.

He grinned and hopped up of me quickly. He helped me up and started laughing again.

“What?”
“Your back is covered in mud!”

Pulling my jumper around I noticed that it was in fact covered in mud. An idea popped into my head and I smirked. I scooped up some of the mud into my hand and looked at River wiggling my eyebrows.

His eyes became wide and wasted no time bolting across the grass and down the footpath; obviously heading for Leanna house. Laughing I ran after him with the mud still in my hand. I think I just found a new reason to love winter.