Status: Updated when there is something to be updated on this.

Collection of Words

Shattered.

The salt water droplets ran down my cheeks fast and furious before landing in my lap. My body shook violently, that much I was starting to think the couch I was sitting on was moving too. My chest was heaving as I tried to suck air into my lungs, but no matter how much I tried it still felt like I couldn’t get enough air.

The most embarrassing noises left my lips as I curled in on myself, but at the moment I couldn’t get myself to stop or care. All I cared about was how much it hurt.

It hurt, it hurt so much.

I brought my shaky hand up to my face and attempted to whip the tears away, but all it did was make my cheek more wet and allowed more room for fresh tears to fall. I felt pathetic being like this, but I couldn’t help it.

Everything in my life was crumbling around me; my parents were arguing like it was a world war, and then dragged me into it just because they could, then tell me to agree with one of them. My so called girlfriend cheated on me with my cousin, two of my best friends were having family troubles and I wanted to help them because like I said; their my best friends and like my family.

I was never good with stress – right now it felt like I was shattering under the pressure.

Upon feeling my pocket vibrate yet again I knew someone was calling me but I couldn’t get myself to pull the object out of my pocket and answer it. How I was right now I didn’t want to answer it anyway. I moved so my legs were pulled up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them tightly. After a long moment my phone stopped shaking in my pocket.

I ducked my head into knees letting my tears fall onto my jeans. I eye felt sore and raw, I bet they looked red and very puffy. Shuttering a loud sob left my mouth.

“River?”

Hearing my name I choked back a sob but didn’t move. Oh gosh now I’m hearing things, because I know for a fact I was home alone.

“River are you home? The front door was open.” Someone called again.

Maybe I wasn’t hearing things after all because, that sounded like Trent. Just as I was about to pick my head up I heard a loud gasp. My head felt heaving as I moved it from my knees. I could barely see him in the door way, but I know he was shocked.

“Riv, what wrong?” He asked rushing to my side.

Within seconds he was next to me on the couch with his arms wrapped around me. I choked back another sob and huddled into his warmth. All I wanted was for him to hold me and stop me from breaking. Right now I just wanted comfort.

“Everything.” I choked out.

Sighing he held me tighter, rubbing his arm up and down my spine as the other ran through my hair. Sniffing and shaking I climbed into his lap as my arms went around his waist. I buried my face into his neck not really caring how this looked, because he was my best friend.

“Shhh, it’ll be ok.” He whispered. “Let it all out, it will make you feel better.”
“Stay with me.” I muffled into his skin.
“I’m not going anywhere.”

Even though I was crying so much right now, hearing that made me smile slightly. I buried myself into his warmth more as he held me together.